Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO (3758 Views)

Samsung S10 Vs Iphone X Camera Which Is Better / Huawei P30 Pro Unboxing And Super Creepy 50X Zoom Camera Samples + Price(photos) / Huawei P30 Pro Won The Best Smartphone 2019 Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Aidejay(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
Straight forward, for those who know enough about these devices what should I go for
Samsung Galaxy S10 plus or Huawei p30 pro
Your opinion is cherished as local man is confused
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by ClitRaider: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aidejay:
Straight forward, for those who know enough about these devices what should I go for
Nothing pass S10+.
Top snapdragon processors, Ultra Super Amoled display, 8gbram, 1TB rom.

There's nothing like it on Earth for now.

P30 pro makes S10+ looks inferior but S10+ is still the best.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Aidejay(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

Nothing pass S10+.

50x digital zoom
4200mah battery
Aurora purple abi wetin Dem dey call am
U have to be more convincing honestly
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Tough one really. Both are top of the line and have things they do better than each other. But for me I'll choose the S10 plus (personal preference). It's the more rounded device to me. I love one UI (best Android skin in my opinion), ultrasonic fingerprint scanner and I get to keep my headphone jack

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

Nothing pass S10+.

Have you heard of Asus ROG Phone 2
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aidejay:
Build quality S10
Camera P30 Pro
Performance S10
Battery P30 Pro
Display S10
Media Consumption S10
Software S10
Edit: Extra Features P30 pro(Ir blaster, Electromagnetic earpiece, etc)
Make your choice!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Aidejay(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Asusgrin
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aidejay:
Asusgrin
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Solid phone but not practical especially for the price they are going to sell it. If u are not a gamer there's really no point investing in this. Yes it's currently the world's fastest phone but it's clunky and the design would not be appealing to most people. Also it has a mid range camera. Galaxy S10 and Huawei p30 pro are still more practical phones and will outsell the rog phone 2 by miles.

6 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
greenhulk:

Solid phone but not practical especially for the price they are going to sell it. If u are not a gamer there's really no point investing in this. Yes it's currently the world's fastest phone but it's clunky and the design would not be appealing to most people. Also it has a mid range camera. Galaxy S10 and Huawei p30 pro are still more practical phones and will outsell the rog phone 2 by miles.
The pricing is what makes that phone special...
$550 for the Tencent version shockedshocked
That's an absolute steal!!
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by yungsmart(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Build quality S10
Camera P30 Pro
Performance S10
Battery P30 Pro
Display S10
Media Consumption S10
Software S10
Extra Features S10
Make your choice!!
I disagree with your choice of build quality and extra features. I mean p30 pro has IR blaster 50x zoom and night mode which s10 plus is lacking. P30 pro was recently awarded best smartphone of the year.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Mulatta(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
P30 pro be wise. You should know that huawei's mate series is direct competitor to Samsung S series, so for you to get confused on getting P30 or S10 show P30 is actually good.
Camera - P30 pro by far
Battery - its not only by the MaH figures, it's also by the battery management system and huawei's own is superior
Processor - to be honest you wouldn't even use both processor to it limit, they're both good.
Build quality - Samsung
UI - Samsung
Practicality - I would pick huawei, Samsung is for show off
Resale Value - non
My recommendation buy oneplus7

10 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

The pricing is what makes that phone special...
$550 for the Tencent version shockedshocked
That's an absolute steal!!

But good luck getting it for that price. U know how this things work, it's going to be out of stock and 3rd party resellers will be selling it for $800 upwards. Remember when the OnePlus was sold for around $300? U couldn't get it anywhere for that price. Also when it was $500 to get one done here u still get to spend around $700 or more.

Samsung are the wisest of them all. They release their flagship phones very early in the year and sell a whole lot of them for $900-$1,000. Then by mid year when other oems are releasing their own they drop the price of their flagships and release the Galaxy note. Right now u can get an S10 plus for $650 on Amazon

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by ClitRaider: 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Yes buh S10+ still pass am. Have you heard of S10 5G ?! you heard me right 5G. it's the best of the Galaxy S series and the best of all smartphones.
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Stevengold(m): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
I've watched over 7 reviews on the s10 plus, p30 pro, mate 20 pro, iPhone x max.

For me the p30 pro has it.

Reason :
1 ir blaster,
2. 40mpixel laica camera lence, with night vision. And optical 50x zoom
3. Better Battery capacity with wireless reverse charge.00-70% in 30min. (40w charge, compared to s10 plus 15w charge)
4. Bigger 6.4 inch screen display.
5. New Krin 980 processor chip, which is the first of its kind, the mate 20 pro was the first to have this chip.
6. 32mpixel front facing camera.
7. Above all the best smart phone of the year award.

The s10 plus is however a perfect device, especially it's ability to shoot 4k videos with front camera as well. And also great screen pixel density. Plus the beautiful on screen front dual camera display.

The Huawei p30 pro is the winner here.

6 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by amaben2020(m): 6:39am On Jul 27, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Beastttttttttttt

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Aidejay(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Mulatta:
P30 pro be wise. You should know that huawei's mate series is direct competitor to Samsung S series, so for you to get confused on getting P30 or S10 show P30 is actually good.
Camera - P30 pro by far
Battery - its not only by the MaH figures, it's also by the battery management system and huawei's own is superior
Processor - to be honest you wouldn't even use both processor to it limit, they're both good.
Build quality - Samsung
UI - Samsung
Practicality - I would pick huawei, Samsung is for show off
Resale Value - non
My recommendation buy oneplus7
one plus is amazing butttt......
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by michlins(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2019
Buy the two, use them and then make a choice. The one you reject, I would love to have. Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by seanwilliam(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2019
dnt be fooled, compare s10+ with iphone xmax only. save for 5g, s10+ beats p30 forget media hype @phenomenalmorgan, you are advising out of contention. u r nt communicating
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
dnt be fooled, compare s10+ with iphone xmax only. save for 5g, s10+ beats p30 forget media hype @phenomenalmorgan, you are advising out of contention. u r nt communicating
I don't grab your point
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by pheranme9(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2019
s10 is great but p30 pro is better in my own opinion. anyphone close to the p30pro will be the new galaxy note 10 pro...
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Wait for the note 10plus or wait for s11
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by kingxsamz(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2019
P30 pro, anytime, any day.
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by horlahwaley(m): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
P30 pro is better in camera, faster in processor and the battery capacity also the fast charging is great. The only reason i would go for s10 plus is because of snapdragon chipset. It is easy to tweak to modded unlike kirin
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by horlahwaley(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
horlahwaley:
P30 pro is better in camera, faster in processor and the battery capacity also the fast charging is great. The only reason i would go for s10 plus is because of snapdragon chipset. It is easy to tweak and modded unlike kirin. If it is not sd then its a no no for me
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Mulatta(m): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
Aidejay:
one plus is amazing butttt......
And impressive
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
horlahwaley:
P30 pro is better in camera, faster in processor and the battery capacity also the fast charging is great. The only reason i would go for s10 plus is because of snapdragon chipset. It is easy to tweak to modded unlike kirin
Snapdragon 855 is faster than Kirin 980...
Check Geekbench and Antutu

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Whizzahd(m): 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
Listen to me. People watch too many reviews.

S10 is better for you. You're in Nigeria. I dunno why the hell someone will need 5x optical zoom. Thats just a perk in my opinion. Let's be practical. People keep taking about low light photos. 3 years ago, the pixel was King and people adored it. Today, they'll call it shit. Unless you compare photos side by side, you'll not know how bad your photo is. Unless you compare your display to another, you'll not get worried. Why do people put themselves through stress? You don't need low light photography, you want it.

The s10 is a better overall design.
Samsung is a more recognised brand in Nigeria, so any repairs you'll be doing are easily sourced.

Battery life is decent on the s10. Again, unless you compare it to another phone, you'll have no issues.

Everyother thing that may matter - display, performance... the similarities between them is negligible.

Reviewers make you think so many things matter, but in all honesty and in honor of feasibility, they don't. Don't let them deceive you. Your brain begins to register their own wants and demands as your own wants and demands. And that's why when you walk into a store, you pick an amoled over an LCD. Because 'they' say LCDs have washed out colours. And because they have said that, you want that to be your thought too.

The truth is, phones will always get better. Buy what you can afford, stay contented and happy. Watch less reviewers bash and critique phones if you know you have a low phone self esteem.

Again, I think the s10 is an overall better package. If you don't have a 5x optical zoom, you'll not die. Don't believe the lies that mono speakers sound awful and you must have stereo to enjoy content. Don't believe the lies that you must have a QHD+ resolution. Don't believe the lies that it must be AMOLED. Don't believe the lies that it must be the latest processor or have a 90hz screen or have 4k recording (something a lot of you don't use, just making noise cause reviewers say so).

You have always waited patiently for your phone to charge full before you unplug it. You won't die if it doesn't fill fro 0 - 70% in 30 mins. You see, OEMs and reviewers make you think these things are necessary, but they're not. They are just after your money.

17 Likes

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Babaheekmat: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
Aidejay:

If you don't buy Huawei p30 pro.. I don't know wetin you gain for this life o

Don't let Samsung fan boys sweet talk you.

Am a fan of good smartphones..

Buy Huawei p30 pro.. go watch her reviews on YouTube..

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Babaheekmat: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Whizzahd:
Listen to me. People watch too many reviews.

S10 is better for you. You're in Nigeria. I dunno why the hell someone will need 5x optical zoom. Thats just a perk in my opinion. Let's be practical. People keep taking about low light photos. 3 years ago, the pixel was King and people adored it. Today, they'll call it shit. Unless you compare photos side by side, you'll not know how bad your photo is. Unless you compare your display to another, you'll not get worried. Why do people put themselves through stress? You don't need low light photography, you want it.

The s10 is a better overall design.
Samsung is a more recognised brand in Nigeria, so any repairs you'll be doing are easily sourced.

Battery life is decent on the s10. Again, unless you compare it to another phone, you'll have no issues.

Everyother thing that may matter - display, performance

Reviewers make you think so many things matter, but in all honesty and in honor of feasibility, they don't. Don't let them deceive you. Your brain begins to register their own wants and demands as your own wants and demands. And that's why when you walk into a store, you pick an amoled over an LCD. Because 'they' say LCDs have washed out colours. And because they have said that, you want that to be your thought too.

The truth is, phones will always get better. Buy what you can afford, stay contented and happy. Watch less reviewers bash and critique phones if you know you have a low phone self esteem.

Again, I think the s10 is an overall better package. If you don't have a 5x optical zoom, you'll not die. Don't believe the lies that mono speakers sound awful and you must have stereo to enjoy content. Don't believe the lies that you must have a QHD+ resolution. Don't believe the lies that it must be AMOLED. Don't believe the lies that it must be the latest processor or have a 90hz screen or have 4k recording (something a lot of you don't use, just making noise cause reviewers say so).

You have always waited patiently for your phone to charge full before you unplug it. You won't die if it doesn't fill fro 0 - 70% in 30 mins. You see, OEMs and reviewers make you think these things are necessary, but they're not. They are just after your money.

Do you own an s10?
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Whizzahd(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Do you own an s10?

A better question should be why are you on this thread if you own neither of the phones?
Re: Help Me Out: S10 Vs P30 PRO by Babaheekmat: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
Whizzahd:

A better question should be why are you on this thread if you own neither of the phones?

I use Xiaomi. And I know Huawei is a tech giant.

With your long epistle..

Made me ask the question..

Kindly answer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Itel P33+ Vs Samsung Note 10-which Is Better? / SEE How Iphone7 Looks Like / 9mobile Youtube Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.