Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,116 members, 7,953,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males (38402 Views)

My Department Is Full Of Females / Is Waec Result 2019/2020 Out | Waec Result Checker / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by wirinet(m): 6:35am On Jul 27, 2019
SunFlow:
The West African Examination Council has said that, of the 1,590,173 candidates who registered and sat for the 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination for School Candidates, female candidates outshine their male counterparts in getting a minimum of five credits, including English Language and Mathematics.

This was made known by WAEC’s Head of Nigeria National Office, Mr. Olu Adenipekun, at a briefing on Friday at the Council’s national office in Yaba, Lagos.

Adenipekun also disclosed that 64.18 per cent of the candidates who sat for the examination obtained five credits, a 14.18 per cent increase from the 50 per cent of 2018.

“A total of 1,596,161 candidates registered for the examination from 18,639 recognised secondary schools in Nigeria.

Of that number, 1,590,173 candidates sat for the examination, among which 822,098 were male while 768,075 were female, representing 51.70 per cent and 48.30 per cent respectively.

“No fewer than 1,309,570 candidates representing 82.35 per cent obtained credit and above in a minimum of any five subjects, i.e with or without English Language and/or Mathematics; while 1,020,519 candidates, representing 64.18 per cent, obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.

“Of this number, 507,862, that is 49.77 per cent, were males and 512,657, that is 50.23 per cent, were female candidates.

“The percentage of candidates in this category in the WASSCE for School Candidates was 50 per cent in 2018,” Adenipekun said.

The WAEC Nigeria boss further disclosed that the results of 1,468,071 candidates, representing 92.32 per cent of candidates that sat for the examination, were fully processed; while 122,102, representing 7.68 per cent of candidates that sat for the examination had a few of their subjects still being processed.

Source: https://waecinfo.com.ng/waec-result-2019-statistics-females-outshines-males/

Highly unrealistic figures? Even more advanced countries like the US and UK and post such impressive figures. I am sure most of the 64.18% that passed both maths and English can't fill a regular bank former by themselve or know what sin30 means.
Nigeria's educational standard is falling, but exam performance is raising astronomically.

The curious thing about this year's figures is we are not seeing cancelled or withheld result. Are they telling us there were zero exam malpractice this year?

Let me add this;
During the end of session party at my children's school last Thursday, the proprietor told us, that students that went to sit for the junior WAEC exams came back and complained that at the examination Hall students from other schools came with their teachers to help them with the exams. They were the only students that came alone. The proprietor told us, she does not condone exam malpractices.
Tomorrow WAEC will say they have 99% pass in their junior WAEC exams.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by eghuan1(m): 6:44am On Jul 27, 2019
DoTheNeedful:
Ladies are actually very smart. I pity men who undermine how intelligent and useful they can be.

Haba 4 vs 45? Did you study Home Economics in the university? grin grin

Am sure he studied foreign languages
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by 9jaRealist: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2019
Omudia11:
So because women are doing better than men it now translates into sexism? Lmao.

So sexism not corruption, is the bane of Nigeria's development?

Are both mutually-exclusive? shocked

Meanwhile, your President just name a cabinet with men constituting FIVE TIMES the number of women...
A society that fails to fully utilize more than half of its productive population (Nigerian women) is self-sabotaging it's own development! SMH
>
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by kullozone(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2019
Honor10:
Believe it or not, females are doing better in education lately, in my faculty, female has been our best graduating student for the past 5 years.

Then you should be ashamed of yourself and your male coleaguessmiley
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Jahskid24(m): 7:05am On Jul 27, 2019
so? wetin u say make we do na
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by ufotty2001: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2019
When it comes to education females are very intelligent than males I mean those female who are not after boyfriends and becoming slay queens.. In my department we had 3 females and male that graduated with 2,1
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Aiyk2333: 7:14am On Jul 27, 2019
autotrader014:
It has always been like that. When i graduated, we had only 4male students with 2nd Class upper Division, and more than 45 female students. And ofcourse i was among the 4male students.. grin
of those 45 female, about 40 probably used their nyash power
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Succex1(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2019
cheesy[color=#000099][/color]if they like make all the girls pass, all i know is that am among the boys that pass oh. Soooooooooo Happy!
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by leoaso(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

Then when they break it down by tribe, it becomes tribal war.
Finally, when they break it down by religion it becomes religious war.

Just be happy for the successful candidates and go. There was a time that girls were not allowed to go to school. This is progress.

I like when people have sense. One cold bottle for you.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by IamMIles(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2019
The female's are more good in malpractice that's why!!!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by martowskin1(m): 7:23am On Jul 27, 2019
Danelo:
Truth be told, females are much more serious in n academics than males dese days

Have u asked why?
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Angelfrost(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2019
Chuvin22:
Simply means malpractice Favours the female gender.

Nope... Females have been doing far better than their male counterparts academically, for the last decade... Even in other aspects.

Our young men are losing academic focus with each passing day... Can't blame them... High grades mean nothing these days.

Those that command affluence and societal respect are not the academically gifted. Times are changing deteriorating very fast. undecided

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by akmath: 8:02am On Jul 27, 2019
Nemesis909:
Slay queen sabi pass Marlian.

grin
You no lie, woman brain fit carry many things at a time, that's why them fit get 100 boyfriends.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by LarryBee1k: 8:12am On Jul 27, 2019
Danelo:
Truth be told, females are much more serious in n academics than males dese days

Do you know why they perform better?

Because school is an environment that is suitable for them. Girls always try to behave themselves, follow orders and always do their own work. This are the characteristics of female, not aggressive and always quiet and pay attention to something.

Most teachers are female, which the girls can relate to

The last but not the least, boys perfume excellently well in environment that give rewards for job done. They love challenging work that gives rewards, something like video games, science and the likes.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by alomeda600(m): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2019
Danelo:
100percent

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Blackmoran(m): 8:37am On Jul 27, 2019
How does having a higher score in waec affect your life in general?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2019
Examination of fraud! I have noticed something. Why do candidates pass May/June Exam (Private schools) and fail woefully in (Nov/Dec Private) Examination?

Private secondary schools are in it for the money. They bribe WAEC officials to facilitate examination malpractices. They write answers on the boards for students to write and they allow the use of Google for students to get answers.

Examination malpractice is minimal in public schools because the principals would not like to lose their jobs; so they do it clandestinely, as opposed to private schools where it's done openly.

They fail Nov./ Dec exam because there is less for organised malpractices; people write what they know.

Anyone who writes his/her exam in a public school or writes Nov./Dec Exam, and passes even with credits, is really brilliant.

I check results of candidates and these are my observations.

EFCC, save our education and shine your searchlight on WAEC invigilators and private secondary schools.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Ozavation10: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2019
[b][/b]IF YOU WANT TO CHECK YOUR RESULT AND UPGRADE YOUR WAEC WHATSAPP US TODAY 08107031671[color=#990000][/color]
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by spydken(m): 9:56am On Jul 27, 2019
autotrader014:
It has always been like that. When i graduated, we had only 4male students with 2nd Class upper Division, and more than 45 female students. And ofcourse i was among the 4male students.. grin

your is even better. we had 6 females and one male with 2'1 .of cause I was the male. no mind my department for the bad result. na so 2'1 few o

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by frozen70(f): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Honor10:
Believe it or not, females are doing better in education lately, in my faculty, female has been our best graduating student for the past 5 years.

You are right, females concentrate more than males in anything they do

Males have been the greatest challenge female have, in terms of distractions

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by CanadaPR: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2019
Females perform better than males intellectually and academically. It's a fact.
We were only 7 females in my department with so many males. Only 7 people made 2'1 and you won't believe 4 were females.... That is to say of all the guys in the class, only 3 could compete with the females.

Ladies are smarter. It's just the economy that doesn't provide jobs for the smart females and this is the reason some intelligent females end up becoming slay Queens although, not justifiable....
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Kennedyiheme: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

Alaye, what you see and what the article actually reports are two different things.
And might I ask you what is wrong in highlighting that the girls are finally making a mark in a field where (as yourself stated in your own comment) boys have been ahead.

What is the "uniqueness of both genders" and how does that even factor into a discussion about WAEC statistics nitori Oloun!

"Collaborate not Competition"

COLLABORATION inside Waec hall?? Dude what are you saying. Who should be collaborating with who in this instance and how do they do this collaborating?

the fact than women do better in academics doesn't actually mean anything. .. the real question is how many women are in the worlds richest list?.. how many women own thier own companies?. How many things have women invented and produced?
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Geesaintagape: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
Boys are suffering in Nigeria.
Schooling no dey pay
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by MarieSucre(f): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
openmine:

Another question?
Surely you may need to go back to school for some comprehension classes!
No pun intended!
There is simply no evasive colouration in any of my statements!
When I sighted collaboration of gender, I was only looking at the bigger picture due to this seeming endless gender wars about who is better!
That's why I tagged it a gender bashing thread because it seeks to uphold a particular gender over another!

secondly,the last question is hilarious...I am an advocate of gender collaboration rather than gender competition!
Our society will be better off if we harness the technical abilities of both genders in every facet of life!
A woman needs a man as much as a man needs a woman!
Everyone has his or her own input to offer!

....and yes,I practice such in real life!

Oga you're yet to prove to me where the gender collaboration comes in WAEC, is it in the hall? is it where they're reading? Is it during marking of scripts?

Where the fvck does this gender collaboration come in?
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by MarieSucre(f): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
openmine:

Now you are the one being pained by my stance! grin
Sotay you come dey quote like on top am...if I do the same,you will tag mine long epistle!
It would also imply that your opinion is also considered a fallacy!
Learn to respect other people"s opinions or you will continue arguing with them ad infinitum!

If you can quote anywhere in my comment where I kept on running away from an argument by writing "I am entitled to my opinion" then I'll accept that this fallacy applies to me and apologise publicly here.

I'm waiting.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by MarieSucre(f): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
openmine:

kk

Lol painment.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by MarieSucre(f): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
openmine:

Not even a little!
so says the one that refuses to respect one's opinion!
....and yet she says am in sifia pains?
You must really be high on something strong!
Go and get a relief that will drain you off this venom that has consumed you heart!
Sorry,truth hurts!

Give me one reason why I should respect your opinion, you be God. Your opinion na Bible wey dem no dey question. Oga is just running away with style.
Run away with your chest, and stop all these round about talk.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by Lawson081(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
[quote author=Chukwurah003 post=80663873]When the males are busy doing yahoo yahoo and supporting Atiku[/quote

you may be sick.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by MarieSucre(f): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
Kennedyiheme:
the fact than women do better in academics doesn't actually mean anything. .. the real question is how many women are in the worlds richest list?.. how many women own thier own companies?. How many things have women invented and produced?

Let's clarify:
1) It doesn't mean anything to YOU. The same way Tinubu becoming president will not mean anything to you as an igbo man. The only time it will become a problem is if you become pained about it for no reason and start saying or doing things to sabotage it, this is what causes racism, tribalism, religious extremism and sexism.

2) The question, shouldn't be HOW but WHY.

WHY aren't more women in the world's richest list?
WHY aren't more women company owners?
WHY aren't more women inventing and producing things?

Then when you find the WHY, you now go back to HOW and ask:

HOW can we get more women to harness resources to make them richer?
HOW can more women become company owners?
HOW can more women gain better access to the factors of production so as to be involved in the inventing and producing process?

Do you see what I did there? I charted a path to how we can open dialogue leading to a solution.

It's the same way asking "HOW many white men are killed by policemen" does not do anything constructive for the conversation but saying "WHY is a higher percentage of black men killed by the police", starts a productive convo.

Or "HOW many African nations are in the top ten economically viable nations" instead of "WHY aren't any African countries economically viable" and "WHAT can we do to change it".

So If someone sarcastically asks you "HOW many Europeans are crossing the Sahara to get to your shithole continent", you reply "WHY are Africans crossing?" This goes for other aspects of life.

Stop renforcing a problem!

Be part of the solution.
Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by openmine(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

Give me one reason why I should respect your opinion, you be God. Your opinion na Bible wey dem no dey question. Oga is just running away with style.
Run away with your chest, and stop all these round about talk.
Mrs alaye,get this into your head that I never forced my opinion down your throat...
We all have our opinions about an issue!
If you don't like it,that's fine!
There will always be disagreements on issues based on nurture and environment!
Running in style?
You must really be high on alagbim syrup!
what stopped you from replying my mentions since 6:13am?

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Result 2019 Statistics: Females Outshine Males by openmine(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

Lol painment.
grin Really? Mama alaye park well! You have nothing to say!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Mustafa Cengiz Graduates As Best Student From Russian Medical School / 200 Questions And Answers From The Book Independence / UNN Twerking Saga: Obi Mirabel's Family Takes Action, Deletes Instagram Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.