Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos (50066 Views)

President Bola Tinubu And Asari Dokubo - Then Vs Now (Photos) / Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate / EndSARS: A Tale Of Two Governors, Jide Sanwo-Olu And Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Chiprince007(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2019

Governor Fayemi @kfayemi attended the 2019 Africa Investment Forum Roadshow organized by @AfDB_Group and @Africa_finance in Abuja. The roadshow was part of efforts to woo investors ahead of the second Africa Investment Forum (AIF) in November at Johannesburg, South Africa.[/img]

Me I don't understand oooo. Africa investment forum 11-13 November 2019. Is it just me or you NLers have left me in July 2019. A forum in jborg and yet its NTA and Channels mic thats on the podium. I am not understanding

[/quote]
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by henryhemon(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
Not too long ago, Ekiti people were hungry beggars lining up on the side of the road for a can of rice and school children begging for N100.

Their future was bleak and governance was nothing short of daily insanity, shameful drama and absurdities, but now, they have sanity and good governance.

Voting into office the right leader can make a difference.

Fayemi was always better than Fayose. This is not about pdp or Apc.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Ryan101(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
All i see are 2governors who are good at what the do... Leave d sentiments... they will all dip into d states treasury
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by opeey(m): 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
All the development you all see in ekiti was done by fayose.. No governor have govern ekiti that as achieved what fayose achieved... fayose remains the architect of modern ekiti till today.

fayemi is only good at speaking English and nothing else..sign agreement with companies, investors and countries without any tangible influence on the state up till now.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Harbkol234(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Meaningless and absolute trash, the kind of trash we get from assholes on NL everyday.

Governance is governing, creating jobs and opportunities and progress and development, not whatever silly grassroots you are blabbing about.

If Fayose was so good and Fayemi achieved nothing, why not just explain to us why the people of Ekiti removed the so good Fayose and replaced him with the bad Fayemi?

It's not by force to comment, keep quiet sometimes because you are not making any sense.

But you should also think of the past when Fayemi was governor and was also remove by same ekiti people making Fayose the governor...

You people will never learn. Politics is a game.. you fight for them, they laugh at you.. you killed for them, they wine together.

I’m a true ekiti son, I spent most of my life in ekiti and I’m still in ekiti, Fayose knows the real problem of the people and handled it in his own way by carrying the masses along, while fayemi also handle it in is own way. What you all should be more concern about is what you stand to gain and also what the people stand to gain...

Ekiti a gbe wa oooo
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by greensandy: 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
StPete:
Truth is, both have their different styles of governance that appealed to people differently but Fayemi only began this way because he has now seen what he did in the past was not in accordance with the mandate of the people

Both of them had second chances. Fayemi is using his wisely and better than Fayose's.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kay25(m): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=plaindealer post=80683628]Not too long ago, Ekiti people were hungry beggars lining up on the side of the road for a can of rice and school children begging for N100.

Their future was bleak and governance was nothing short of daily insanity, shameful drama and absurdities, but now, they have sanity and good governance.

Voting into office the right leader can make a difference.what is sane about this?your comment is overrated
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Harbkol234(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
mfm04622:

Rigged out with the power of military you mean

As same was repeated last year...
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Okolly: 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Meaningless and absolute trash, the kind of trash we get from assholes on NL everyday.

Governance is governing, creating jobs and opportunities and progress and development, not whatever silly grassroots you are blabbing about.

If Fayose was so good and Fayemi achieved nothing, why not just explain to us why the people of Ekiti removed the so good Fayose and replaced him with the bad Fayemi?

It's not by force to comment, keep quiet sometimes because you are not making any sense.

How did Fayose get REMOVED from in an election he did not contest?
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Elizadath: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
Infinityk:
I'm from ekiti and don't really like APC
But fayose was a disgrace to ekiti,it made me to become ashamed of my state
Now a governor who is serious is in power
I hope he develops ekiti state
A disgrace that built the office you couldn't build for ages? Same office your god is possing with. A disgrace that change the face of your capital city? Compared to the man in Osun. You people are the the disgrace not the leaders and you should be ashame of yourselves.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by CapitalHYC(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
walkingred:

So for u, grassroot mobilization means eating corn by d road side and giving poor people d impression u are with them? Governance is about providing socio-economic devt- education, healthcare, Jobs

Stop getting it wrong man
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by toprealman: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
Infinityk:
Same goes for all state. Imagine what Nigeria will look like in 4 years of credible leaders are elected.
From President to LG ward councillor
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by flowx(m): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
As a true son of Ekiti State, Fayose remain the original architect of Ekiti.

Outsiders can say what they like, but we the original Ekiti State indigenes knows the difference btw Fayemi and Fayose.

Any of you should jump to the next Ekiti bus from where you here.

When you get there and you see any project from 2003 till date ask who did it.

Fayose is the architect of Ekiti State.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Basher8583: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Please forgive him. He is 3days late on his drugs again. .
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Onigbindemmd: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
selemempe:
why did the ppl of ekiti vote for fayose and removed fayemi in 2014?

Idiot it was rigged ,heaven self knew that
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Basher8583: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Okolly:

How did Fayose get REMOVED from in an election he did not contest?

Fayose was planning Pseudo governance through Eleka.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Doyenro23(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
Infinityk:

Judge your self bros are you ok? undecided undecided
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Chukwurah003: 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
PDP is full of criminals
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kennydoc(m): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

He wasn't removed and replaced with Fayemi. He finished his tenure and wanted to hand over to a stooge. Ekiti people would rather have a former governor who would be independent than a stooge.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
selemempe:
why did the ppl of ekiti vote for fayose and removed fayemi in 2014?

Answering a question with a dumb and irrelevant question was really dumb and silly.

Keep question if you don't have an answer or anything better to contribute, I wasn't talking to you to start with anyway.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
Kennydoc:

He wasn't removed and replaced with Fayemi. He finished his tenure and wanted to hand over to a stooge. Ekiti people would rather have a former governor who would be independent than a stooge.

I forgot, Ekiti people didn't know that Eleka was not Fayose's choice and 3rd term proxy.

The question was, why did Ekiti people pick Fayemi if he was such a bad governor in his first term?

Answer the question and stop dancing around.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Babysheart(f): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[img]

Governor Fayemi @kfayemi attended the 2019 Africa Investment Forum Roadshow organized by @AfDB_Group and @Africa_finance in Abuja. The roadshow was part of efforts to woo investors ahead of the second Africa Investment Forum (AIF) in November at Johannesburg, South Africa.[/img]

Fayemi @ investment forum.

Fayose the comedian embarrassing the people of Ekiti @ a random train station in China

You are embarrassing Fayemi by posting these Photoshopped picture.

3 years from now... I'll still see you lamenting how those office pictures of Fayemi did nothing for the Ekiti people.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
Harbkol234:

But you should also think of the past when Fayemi was governor and was also remove by same ekiti people making Fayose the governor...

You people will never learn. Politics is a game.. you fight for them, they laugh at you.. you killed for them, they wine together.

I’m a true ekiti son, I spent most of my life in ekiti and I’m still in ekiti, Fayose knows the real problem of the people and handled it in his own way by carrying the masses along, while fayemi also handle it in is own way. What you all should be more concern about is what you stand to gain and also what the people stand to gain...

Ekiti a gbe wa oooo

When you remove a leader to try another leader who eventually failed you and eventually voted for and re-elected the leader you once removed, it means you obviously made a mistake and you corrected the mistake by re-electing the leader you once removed.

You don't re-elect past and tested leaders if you didn't miss them or appreciate their past service and competence.

They didn't elect Eleka because they did not want any part of Fayose. Ekiti people are proud people, not beggars and consumers of mediocrity.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kennydoc(m): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

I forgot, Ekiti people didn't know that Eleka was not Fayose's choice and 3rd term proxy.

The question was, why did Ekiti people pick Fayemi if he was such a bad governor in his first term?

Answer the question and stop dancing around.

They wanted a governor that would be independent. Eleka didn't suit that criterion, cos he was Fayose's 3rd term proxy, like you said.

Fayemi had federal might backing him, especially at a time that APC had the rest of the South West states. It would have been a big struggle for PDP to defeat federal might and SW APC might in that election which was conducted as a standalone election (not one of the elections conducted during the general elections).

However, I tell you that if it was Fayose himself against Fayemi, he would have defeated Fayemi (though maybe with a small margin).
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
Babysheart:

You are embarrassing Fayemi by posting these Photoshopped picture.

3 years from now... I'll still see you lamenting how those office pictures of Fayemi did nothing for the Ekiti people.

I know your type. When ignorant people can not comprehend, they shout photoshop and propaganda.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
Kennydoc:

They wanted a governor that would be independent. Eleka didn't suit that criterion, cos he was Fayose's 3rd term proxy, like you said.

Fayemi had federal might backing him, especially at a time that APC had the rest of the South West states. It would have been a big struggle for PDP to defeat federal might and SW APC might in that election which was conducted as a standalone election (not one of the elections conducted during the general elections).

However, I tell you that if it was Fayose himself against Fayemi, he would have defeated Fayemi (though maybe with a small margin).

The rest of the SW and federal might didn't matter when people walked into the polling booth and the FG or the SW did not put a gun to the people's head to vote for Fayemi or any other candidate.

Don't reduce and discount people's votes and choices, Fayemi was not an unknown choice, they've tested him before for 4 years so their choice was based on the fact he was a good leader and would love to try him again.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
meaning their is hope for kerosene state

No hope for kerosene state because they don't know the difference between good and bad governance and they love and prefer incompetence and mediocrity.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by bewla(m): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:
NOW assholes are just too quick to forget that This same stupid Fayemi is not a first time Governor of this state and was thrown out of power, made a minister and still made no impact

Now they painting him Jesus for Us.. We ain't stupid, nobody Holy pass... I believe in Grassroot government and not an elitist one that Fayemi runs
how 4 do when u call the next candidate to be Nigeria president come 2023 name now
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kennydoc(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

The rest of the SW and federal might don't a factor when people walk into the polling booth and the FG or the SW did not put a gun to the people's head to vote for Fayemi or any other candidate.

Don't reduce and discount people's votes and choices, Fayemi was not an unknown choice, they've tested him before for 4 years so their choice was based on the fact he was a good leader and would love to try him again.

Come on, stop talking ignorantly!
What do you mean by saying federal might and the rest of South West being APC controlled doesn't count?
Did you see what happened during presidential election in PDP dominated areas in Lagos in February? Did you see what happened in Rivers State during the recent elections? Did you see what happened in Osun and Kano states during the rerun elections? Those are some of the things you get with federal might.

They tested Fayemi for 4 years yet rejected him when he initially contested for second tenure. Yes, they might have preferred him to Eleka, but that doesn't mean they liked him a lot. There simply weren't other reasonable options.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
OlowoLagos:

With respect, Pls which is better? Governor giving can of rice / #100 to school children (also protecting the life of his people from herdsmen) and the Governor speaking grammar, showing love to just a student as shown in d pics, (giving the life of his people to herdsmen)?

Face the people of Ekiti because they rejected mediocrity and got sick and tired of lining up on the side of the road to beg for rice.

If lining up for rice and N100 was so great and what Ekiti people wanted and preferred, Fayemi won't be in office today.

Ekiti people rejected what you are talking about, come up with something better.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by tuniski: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
seborrhic:
How does having a child as ceremonial governor equate to good governance?
Both Fayose and Fayemi are clowning.It just that they differ
in the mode and nature of people they use to clown around.
This Op must also be a clown to use this as a measure of good governance.
Some people are clowns! Don't mind the Op.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by plaindealer: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
Kennydoc:

Come on, stop talking ignorantly!
What do you mean by saying federal might and the rest of South West being APC controlled doesn't count?
Did you see what happened during presidential election in PDP dominated areas in Lagos in February? Did you see what happened in Rivers State during the recent elections? Did you see what happened in Osun and Kano states during the rerun elections? Those are some of the things you get with federal might.

They tested Fayemi for 4 years yet rejected him when he initially contested for second tenure. Yes, they might have preferred him to Eleka, but that doesn't mean they liked him a lot. There simply weren't other reasonable options.

Ignorant sentiments and conspiracy theories are what ignorant people like you peddle when they are empty and short of sensible facts and views.

What's ignorant is you ranting over other people's electoral decision, it is common sense that that the people of Ekiti prefered their once tested and competent governor who is actually as we speaking proving them right with his wonderful actions in office today.

There were tons of people on the ballot, but the people of Ekiti prefered their once tested and competent governor, PERIOD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit / My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka / Elderly Woman From Maiduguri: "Anybody Who Goes Against Buhari Is A Boko Haram"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.