Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha (10436 Views)

How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi / See The RUGA I Set Up In My House: Photo / Please Read This And Understand The RUGA Buhari Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2019
Wallade:

Give us examples of European and American states that have reverted from ranching to your primitive free range farming.

Also tell us why ranching isn't the best option to address this herdsmen and farmers crises. Outline the possible options other than RUGA.

I have already addressed part of your questions; as for those which I haven't; Google is your friend - you can do the research yourself, the information is out there, conveniently at your finger tips e.g. try searching for 'free range farming' and the disadvantages of 'battery farming'.
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2019
citizenY:

I agree.... Na blind man go say eye dey smell.

Lol, cheesy grin
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Wallade(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

I have already addressed part of your questions; as for those which I haven't; Google is your friend - you can do the research yourself, the information is out there, conveniently at your finger tips e.g. try searching for 'free range farming' and the disadvantages of 'battery farming'.

grin You are not serious, brother mi.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wallade:

grin You are not serious, brother mi.

Very serious: knowledge, like respect is not given but earned - so get off your arse and earn some. cool cheesy
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Wallade(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Very serious: knowledge, like respect is not given but earned - so get off your arse and earn some. cool cheesy

Honestly, I wanted to let you off the hook but I see you wanna push it.

You came to Nairaland with claims that European and American countries dumped ranching for Free Range Grazing or Farming and I requested you to prove it by mentioning the countries and you refer me to google.

I wonder what kind of writer, reporter or analyst does that. Your contribution is not substantiated; you are like someone writing authoritatively without crediting your source.

Now you want me to do the research work for you to substantiate your ridiculous argument.

Mr Aboki, I put it to you that there is no European or American state or country that dumped ranching for free range grazing or farming except on subsistence farming scale which is still restricted because your cattle can only roam on your property. Stop feeding us lies to justify your selfish, primitive and exploitative idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wallade:

Honestly, I wanted to let you off the hook but I see you wanna push it.

You came to Nairaland with claims that European and American countries dumped ranching for Free Range Grazing or Farming and I requested you to prove it by mentioning the countries and you refer me to google.

I wonder what kind of writer, reporter or analyst does that. Your contribution is not substantiated; you are like someone writing authoritatively without crediting your source.

Now you want me to do the research work for you to substantiate your ridiculous argument.

Mr Aboki, I put it to you that there is no European or American state or country that dumped ranching for free range grazing or farming except on subsistence farming scale which is still restricted because your cattle can only roam on your property. Stop feeding us lies to justify your selfish, primitive and exploitative idea.

This is the problem with some of you pseudo intellectuals; always rushing to conclude wrongly - before comprehending what was actually written or said; thereby misleading the gullible who would follow you without question.

Kindly review my posts and show me where I said DUMPED - meaning completely rejecting or abandoning one for another.

I recall having said that ranching was not the[b] best and only option[/b] because even the the Europeans and Americans who were EXTENSIVELY using it were REVERTING to free range farming due to the nutritional/health implications of such battery farming products.

There is a big difference between what I wrote and what you were putting in my mouth - it's a matter of comprehension - reverting, suggesting an ongoing process and DUMPED suggesting a completed process, already in the past.
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Wallade(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

This is the problem with some of you pseudo intellectuals; always rushing to conclude wrongly - before comprehending what was actually written or said; thereby misleading the gullible who would follow you without question.

Kindly review my posts and show me where I said DUMPED - meaning completely rejecting or abandoning one for another.

I recall having said that ranching was not the[b] best and only option[/b] because even the the Europeans and Americans who were EXTENSIVELY using it were REVERTING to free range farming due to the nutritional/health implications of such battery farming products.

There is a big difference between what I wrote and what you were putting in my mouth - it's a matter of comprehension - reverting, suggesting an ongoing process and DUMPED suggesting a completed process, already in the past.

Permit me to expantiate:

Free Dictional

re·vert (rĭ-vûrt′)
v. re·vert·ed, re·vert·ing, re·verts
v.intr.
a. To go back to a former condition, practice, subject, or belief: a meadow reverting to forest; a reformed shoplifter reverting to old habits; a speaker reverting to her opening remarks.
b. To resume using something that has been disused: had to revert to the typewriter when the computer failed.
2. Law To be returned to the former owner or to the former owner's heirs. Used of money or property.
3. To cause to go back to a former condition, practice, subject, or belief

Merriam-webster dictionary

Definition of revert
intransitive verb

1 : to come or go back (as to a former condition, period, or subject)
2 : to return to the proprietor or his or her heirs at the end of a reversion
3 : to return to an ancestral type

Lesson for you:

You seem to assume that we are not intelligent or schooled on Nairaland.

Let me emphasise that we can not be fooled by you.

Avoid coming to this platform to misrepresent your personal opinion as authoritative statement or statement of fact.

Your arguments: on the meaning of "revert" in the context that you used it is wrong; on the need to accept Free Range Grazing or Farming for large scale cattle rearing or business is unjustifiable, irrational, not economical and less efficient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wallade:

Permit me to expantiate:

Free Dictional

re·vert (rĭ-vûrt′)
v. re·vert·ed, re·vert·ing, re·verts
v.intr.
a. To go back to a former condition, practice, subject, or belief: a meadow reverting to forest; a reformed shoplifter reverting to old habits; a speaker reverting to her opening remarks.
b. To resume using something that has been disused: had to revert to the typewriter when the computer failed.
2. Law To be returned to the former owner or to the former owner's heirs. Used of money or property.
3. To cause to go back to a former condition, practice, subject, or belief

Merriam-webster dictionary

Definition of revert
intransitive verb

1 : to come or go back (as to a former condition, period, or subject)
2 : to return to the proprietor or his or her heirs at the end of a reversion
3 : to return to an ancestral type

Lesson for you:

You seem to assume that we are not intelligent or schooled on Nairaland.

Let me emphasise that we can not be fooled by you.

Avoid coming to this platform to misrepresent your personal opinion as authoritative statement or statement of fact.

Your arguments: on the meaning of "revert" in the context that you used it is wrong; on the need to accept Free Range Grazing or Farming for large scale cattle rearing or business is unjustifiable, irrational, not economical and less efficient.

Committing the same mistake; yet again.
I said REVERTING (a continuum) as against REVERT (a done deed) - very basic; yet apparently so difficult for you to grasp.
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Wallade(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Committing the same mistake; yet again.
I said REVERTING (a continuum) as against REVERT (a done deed) - very basic; yet apparently so difficult for you to grasp.

You need to go basic English language. Maybe you will understand the meaning of more words and realise the need to stop fooling yourself.

"Reverting" is a present participle of "revert".

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wallade:

You need to go basic English language. Maybe you will understand the meaning of more words and realise the need to stop fooling yourself.

"Reverting" is a present participle of "revert".

Abeg, commot from my face; common comprehension you no sabi and you there still pontificating like you know something. angry
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Wallade(m): 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Abeg, commot from my face; common comprehension you no sabi and you there still pontificating like you know something. angry

LOL! You are still at "reverting the revert"
Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
tstx:
RUGA will happen one way or another. .. I'm a Nigerian, I've been a Nigerian all my life, i know my country.. I know my leaders, I know my people..

More like u are a northerner, u have been a Nigerian all ur life and u know ur fellow northerners and u know ur northern leaders, u know ur people, the Fulani.

RUGA is a northern issue, it will never happen in the south

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

The FG proposed to establish RUGA nationally, without bias to any section and the beneficiaries were to be all Nigerians without restriction of access to any person or groups - i.e. there was nothing in the proposal preventing any Nigerian from keying into to programme - if there was, pls let us know; only those opposed to the project are prematurely jumping to conclusion and coming up with excuses.

Yes, on surface it would appear to favour the Fulani; however, if you are open mind and curious enough you would also find out that a significant amount of the cows are actually owned by local indigenes who only pay them to look after the animals for them.

RUGA will never happen in eastern Nigeria. It will sell in some parts of the north, just take it there.

We don't care about how many local indigens have cows here, the fact is that our land isn't for forceful buying from the Fulani govt to be handed over to Fulani as RUGA.

Take ur RUGA to Kaduna

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agba Jalingo Arrested By Police Over Article Against Governor Ayade / COAS Donated Ambulance To NDA In Line To Islamize Nigeria / Umahi Presents Herdsmen/Farmers Crisis Report To Osinbajo (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.