Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Milleage And Kilometer - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Milleage And Kilometer (516 Views)

Honda Accord 2009 Tinca Clear 11k Milleage Cal 08038379715 / SOLD SOLD SOLD 9ja Used Hond Accord 2007-1.2m 107k Milleage price reduced / Nissan Murano Model: 2005 Milleage:- 49,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Milleage And Kilometer by akcanada: 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2010
can anyone explain to me better what is the difference between milleage and kilometer. i noticed some will ask for the milleage and some pple will ask for the kilometer of the car. what makes the difference
Re: Milleage And Kilometer by infolpf: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
@ poster -
It really comes down to measuring system orientation and origin, I'll explain -
The US uses what is called the imperial units for measuring, while the rest of the world uses, or like Britain, has converted to using the metric system.
Quite simply, Americans measure in feet, inches, miles, acres, ounces, quarts, pints or gallons etc, while the rest of the world measures in metres, centimetres, kilometres, hectares, litres, millilitres etc.

Therefore, cars originating from the US will invariably be mileage based (as will people who have lived there for a while), and those from Europe or Asia will be kilometres.
Hope this helps?
Re: Milleage And Kilometer by akcanada: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2010
thanks for the info, so in that wise it means if a car has like 170 kilometer and when converted to mileage it will be reduced in figure to about 100 mileage . cos i tried to convert kilometer to mileage and it shows the higher the kilometer the lower the mileage u get when converted. its confuses alot of pple like me when pple ask for the mileage of a car and the car is from other part of the world which had kilometer and when they see the kilometer they think its too high but when convert to mileage its reduced . well i think i get the idea now.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently: I Need A Nigerian Used 2006 Infinity Fx45 / New Starcomms Modem + Active Night Plan Till 8/11 For Just 14k! / Urgently I Need A Nigeria Used 2007 Toyota Yaris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.