Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje (14419 Views)

FLASHBACK: How Lugard Referred To Non-fulani Northern Tribes As "Lawless Pagans / Babachir Lawal: Tinubu Will Not Get 25% In Borno And Most Of The Fulani States / Kano Indigenes Deserve More Federal Jobs Than Other States: Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Elemosho478: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2019
Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Saturday said he was not happy with the manner in which Fulani are treated in the country.

He also said the Federal Government’s Ruga programme shouldn’t be implemented where indigenes are not Fulani.

On the suspended Ruga programme, he said it should be optional for states.

Ganduje said the initiative should not have been made by the Federal Government, rather states interested in the economic relevance of Fulani herdsmen.

The governor spoke while addressing journalists in Sokoto after attending the wedding of the son of a former governor of Kano State, Senator Kabiru Gaya.

He said, “I think the suspended programme was really misunderstood. Ruga is supposed to be for a state where Fulani reside; you cannot implement Ruga where the indigenes are not Fulani.

“The programme should be for those states that will cater for Fulani and the issue of herdsmen should be socio-economic in nature and not a socio-cultural.

“That is why in Kano State, we decided to develop a grazing area in form of Ruga where Fulani herdsmen will all live in one place and can be monitored.

“They will get other social services that are being provided for the people of Kano State, which include health, security and education. Not only that, their businesses would be improved upon so that their cattle can produce more nutritious milk for the people.”

Ganduje said there was no better way to resettle the Fulani herdsmen than practise Ruga system, instead of them migrating from one part of the country to another.

“Otherwise, Fulani will be suffering and the security problems will continue. I am not happy with the manner in which they are being treated in the country.

"At the same time I am not happy with the way they behave too, because of their lack of Education which is gradually graduating into banditry."

https://punchng.com/ruga-shouldnt-operate-in-non-fulani-states-ganduje/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2019
In other word, rugs should not operate in Nigeria because the Fulanis are not known to Nigerians

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by solmusdesigns: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2019
cool
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by princeade86(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
So where.
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by emeijeh(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
I can't believe we are talking RUGA in this country.

Can we close this RUGA case for good?

Bubu, waka there!

Gandollar shege there!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by englishmart(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ruga or whatever it is called, is total madness. Is the rural grazing area for federal cattle? Are those cattle owned by the federal government?
how much national revenue do we derive from cattle rearing?
just this evening I was held up at Wuse zone6, Abuja by a herd of confused, buharized cattle that were crossing the road, in a satellite area as Wuse. They are allowed to roam without restrictions.
The fulanis enjoy full impunity and are licensed to unleash mayhem on innocuous citizens. Let the cattle owners pay commensurate tax for open grazing. Tribalism and or religion will cause a second civil war if we don't watch it.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by momodub: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Hi.mmmmm Riga wahala
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Niccoloimhotep: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nice
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Alija(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Sometimes I wonder if this man is really educated
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by StrikeBack(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
2023 in view

1 Like

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by IME1: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Can't we deal with this issue and move to other things
The government is playing ostrich and burying it's head inside sand abi

Do you know that many people like the way Fulanis look, especially their females and the way they dress
Many drink and patronise their fura and other things
Many people live/lived in peace with Fulanis for long before 201...
Other tribes are also into cattle business

Finally, cattle ranches remain a private affair.
When Lagos and Kebbi joined to do rice, no one died
So why must blood be spilt because of Ruga

Even if they settle this Ruga ish what of the numerous people who have died and those who have lost properties?
Would they set up a funding scheme to help restitute, compensate or appease them

Shame on bad leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Fragility6: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ruga is specifically supposed to be implemented in mannabbqgrill's state and the village of other senseless buhari followers. It will be of economical importance.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by osusuallstars: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Which state is originally and present owned by fulani

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by InaNla(f): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
May Allah bless Ganduje

4 Likes

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ruga shouldn't operate at all......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by AFONJACOW(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Gandollar seems like you think we have forgotten your bullion van pocket... Ole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Opinedecandid(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
How many time would this be on front page?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by akinbode1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Thank you Mr dollar grin

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Kyrx(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
A Fulani man with sense. Ruga should be optional and shouldn't be a forced policy.

5 Likes

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by InaNla(f): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Fragility6:
Ruga is specifically supposed to be implemented manannabbqgrills state and the village of other senseless buhari followers. It will be of economical importance.

Those terrorists will never escape punishment.

“Ganduje said the initiative should not have been made by the Federal Government.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by namio10: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Buhari should have known this, instead, inside Buhari's mind is how to use government instruments to build Fulani settlements all over the south of Nigeria.

Does Buhari not know that cattle is no longer rested by wandering men in bushes?

Buhari thinks the south of Nigeria are future copies of the Fulani-led north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by KayJayTobz(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
Please I'm a graduate and I need a job.. please.
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Whatsittoyah: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
Pls which state are these fulanies actually from

Pls don't quote me wrongly I don't know that is why I am asking
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by BabaCommander: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
The man is right on this one.
I hope he is not thinking we would forget his gondollars babaringa escapedes.

7 Likes

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by rummmy: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ruga can only work in Mali, Niger,senegal...fulanis are not Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
this post was already on front page in the
morning. I guess there was not much argument and insult because people were already in church and now the moderators brought it back in another format so we can argue

1 Like

Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by asdfjklhaha(f): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by mrvitalis(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Sorry sir we wont vote u come 2023

Try again
Re: Ruga Shouldn’t Operate In Non-fulani States – Ganduje by victorazyvictor(m): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
First time man uttered significantly....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast / Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov / Okowa’s Second Term Bid, Done Deal — Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.