Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) (27729 Views)

Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by vaxx: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Confused.com king.
The king is more confused than a fart let ripped out, on the production line of a fan-making factory. The mess doesnt know which direction to smell towards
He is confused for following his tradition and culture right? but if what he did was celebrating holy week which begin with palm Sunday or ascension Thursday or Pentecostal Sunday (whitesunday) You will be here eulogising him. Are you sure you are not more confused than him?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2019
MikeBetty:
Have You Not Read That "no Matter How A Yoruba Goes To Church, He Has Juju In His Bedroom"?

Yea, that's why it's difficult for them to make solid decisions and abide by it. Whatever we practise have a way of influencing us.

No matter how they paint it, Christianity does not support idol worship, only a pretender or tribal bigot would defend the Oni. Imagine Christ making sacrifices before Roman gods because of one reason or the other. The Oni should stick to his roots, simple!

That's why I respect the Emir of Kano, Oba of Benin, Sultan of Sokoto. By extension, the Saudi Arabian King, King Salaise of Ethiopia, etc. The aforementioned are unshakable, they stick to their traditional religion or Islam only...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by BIGDADDY000(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2019
SoftP:
We are gradually regaining our senses back in Africa.

The truth is, people can't really differentiate between religion, tradition and culture.

We have long standing history here in Africa. Sango, Ogun and co. Were all great ancestors like Ceasar, Zeus, Augustus

There are foster and biological parents. Only a foolish child will diswon his biological parents just because the other is offering red porridge.

This is Africa and any child who refused to acknowledge his root source has gone against the biblical fifth commandment' & so, as the gods are strangling him, the biblical judgement will also befall him

you have my respect bro. I really like this, am a Christian but so many people a dumb about this issue.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 30, 2019
“If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive...” – Eleonora Duse

Let the man be, this is culture and tradition, many people bluff on here, if you’re not from one you won’t understand, I mean from a traditional family you won’t.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2019
HAKYN1:

He is moderate right? Okay, have you seen a Christian man with a muslim wife before? You should know that the level of tolerance in the muslims is higher than those even advocating tolerance

Okay, I don't know how you define your "tolerance" but tolerance is when you don't force people to join you in your religious train, but that's what boko-boys, ISIS and their likes do(for the record, all the terrorist groups in the world are Islam affiliates).

Tolerance is when you don't just confine people simply because they share a quite different view in the same religion, even after court judgment. PMB and the Shiites leader.

Christianity says maintain a friendly relationship with people, but don't mix with them, eg. Marriage. So that they don't corrupt your belief system, as in the case of King Solomon...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by HAKYN1: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2019
YoungLionken:

Yea, that's why it's difficult for them to make solid decisions and abide by it. Whatever we practise have a way of influencing us.

No matter how they paint it, Christianity does not support idol worship, only a pretender or tribal bigot would defend the Oni. Imagine Christ making sacrifices before Roman gods because of one reason or the other. The Oni should stick to his roots, simple!

That's why I respect the Emir of Kano, Oba of Benin, Sultan of Sokoto. By extension, the Saudi Arabian King, King Salaise of Ethiopia, etc. The aforementioned are unshakable, they stick to their traditional religion or Islam only...

Your hatred for Yoruba is the major reason for the thrash you wrote. The traditional rulers you mentioned above, what information do you have about them?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Alexiseffect(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2019
The king is doing :Give what belongs to Cesar to Cesar..... He was invited to d celebrate the comforter n he came.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2019
BIGDADDY000:
you have my respect bro. I really like this, am a Christian but so many people a dumb about this issue.

If you're truly a Christian, then he doesn't deserve your respect.

What did the Bible say about worshipping other gods in the ten commandments? Just read Exodus 20:3-5.

What would have happened, if Jesus worshipped the Roman gods by honoring and pouring libations with praises on them(roman gods), or you think there was none then?

Ever heard of the three Hebrews in the Scripture?

1 Peter 1:18, Colossians 2:8, Exodus 20 was reiterated in Deuteronomy 5:6,then Mark 7:8.

Bro, no need to be soft with the truth, if you're not here, join them, better than standing in between, real matters!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by mixta140: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2019
Cool.

For stubborn STD check my signature.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by anonimi: 9:06am On Jul 30, 2019
kolafolabi:
All these things need to be stopped. Let's the Obas emulate the Oba of Iwoland

Emir of Iwo, you mean

PAGAN9JA:
Our President AlSheikh Muhammadu Buhari's promised change has now even extended into our wardrobe.

Check out the dashing Ob--- sorry, Emir of Iwo Emirate rocking the stylish new clothes in Northern style. his new uniform in office! cool

Pic 2: The newly installed Waziri of Emirate of Iwostan.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6915490_si20180401230035_jpeg79ebd1c166b17310b6a24a31ac06293a

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2019
Your hatred for Yoruba is the major reason for the thrash you wrote. The traditional rulers you mentioned above, what information do you have about them?[/quote]

Don't mistake "reality" for "hating".

On information, I studied history major as a 1st degree(borrowed some courses from religion department), and then information science as a 2nd degree, in my Uni days. That should tell alot, boy cool...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Consultville(m): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2019
Yorubas have been able to separate religion and culture. It takes a high level of understanding to understand where each starts and stops

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by pweshboi(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church.
He is the king for all... Both Muslim, Christian and the traditionalists.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by woleabayo(f): 9:34am On Jul 30, 2019
good
GISTM0RE:
Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, on Saturday July 27th, led thousands of Osun faithfuls who stormed his Ile Oodua Palace across the country to celebrate the 2019 edition of Ita-Osun festival.

While addressing newsmen after offering supplications to the deity, the Ooni described Osun Sengese as the progenitor of all water deities across the world, adding that the festival was meant to acknowledge the deity which is known for fortunes.

“As you all known that water is indispensable to our survival as human, Osun Sengese is a major deity in Yoruba land known for the performance of wonders through the water. Water has numerous healing and prosperity potentials as brought to us by Sengese, the mother of all water deities across the world. I pray that we shall always be fortunate, may our glory never be buried under water and may we never encounter flooding. Happy celebration.” he said

The festival was witnessed by traditional rulers, high chiefs, foreign tourists from Brazil, Ireland Cuba to join the Osun worshipers who had come from all the states of the Yorubaland.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/ooni-of-ife-participates-in-osun-deity-festival-photos
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:40am On Jul 30, 2019
Ógogoro wey we suppose drink, naim hin dey waste so......
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Godson26: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2019
I like the man religion is setting us back culture and traditions must be respected my dad is a Muslim but the egungun in our compound even our king can not disrespect it not to talk of ogun it doesn't mean we are not religious.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by emperortosola: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2019
Uhmmm...
Religion and culture...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by bigK001: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2019
Action Por bi Ogogo
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by pxalmydee(m): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
Kill Them All Idol Worshippers
Terrorist spotted...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by immaq8(f): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2019
I admire these men (Ooni of Ife) & Oba of Iwo land. they are the Kings with swag. They don't criticize other people's belief.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Jetrue3oo: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2019
Set of idol worshippers this is the real god of the Yorubas and money follows.

They use church to cover body.

That is why we are having so much problems in this country.
Instead of consulting God Almighty they go and consult devil after there they to church to make noise cause segregation, confusion and division all because of church proceed and tithe.

When you ask they what were you guys doing they will say Asha idile wa meaning our tradition Oga you are worshipping IDOL simple.

A country that doesn't glorify God but Satan
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ejemamaka: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by sweetgala(m): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
kolafolabi:
All these things need to be stopped. Let's the Obas emulate the Oba of Iwoland

What does the oba it Iwo do differently. Please enlighten me
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Toni19: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:

You won't keep quiet now. Better face wetin face you.

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Intolerance is the bane of Islam, the world's most hated religion.

Are You Among Them, You Idol Worshipper
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
pxalmydee:

Terrorist spotted...

Idol Worshipper Sighted
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by rinzaugustine: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
He is promoting African culture
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by adegeye38(m): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
SoftP:
We are gradually regaining our senses back in Africa.

The truth is, people can't really differentiate between religion, tradition and culture.

We have long standing history here in Africa. Sango, Ogun and co. Were all great ancestors like Ceasar, Zeus, Augustus

There are foster and biological parents. Only a foolish child will diswon his biological parents just because the other is offering red porridge.

This is Africa and any child who refused to acknowledge his root source has gone against the biblical fifth commandment' & so, as the gods are strangling him, the biblical judgement will also befall him

We are talking about idol worship, you are saying something else

Christianity is more than a religion, its a way of life
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by etrouble: 7:03am On Jul 31, 2019
farem:

You are no where, mehn!
Jesus abhors your like.
Argue first with the Bible in Revelation 3:16

You think I have time for people like you? My friend, go and get busy. You be Jesus secretary or personal assistant? I am a Muslim, going to church does not make me a Christian. If you invite me to your village Egungun festival, if I am free, I will be there.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by BIGDADDY000(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
YoungLionken:

If you're truly a Christian, then he doesn't deserve your respect.

What did the Bible say about worshipping other gods in the ten commandments? Just read Exodus 20:3-5.

What would have happened, if Jesus worshipped the Roman gods by honoring and pouring libations with praises on them(roman gods), or you think there was none then?

Ever heard of the three Hebrews in the Scripture?

1 Peter 1:18, Colossians 2:8, Exodus 20 was reiterated in Deuteronomy 5:6,then Mark 7:8.

Bro, no need to be soft with the truth, if you're not here, join them, better than standing in between, real matters!
hmm, I understand u better bro, THANKS!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
BIGDADDY000:
hmm, I understand u better bro, THANKS!

It's welcome Bro cool
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by AeroplaneApple: 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Oche211:
true story of African Christianity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Out For Eid Prayers / Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Oyinbo Man Excited To Meet Oba Akran: "Finally Got To Meet A Real King!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.