Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today (7513 Views)

Tribunal: “INEC Couldn’t Upload Results”, Atiku’s Witness Blames Tinibu’s Agents / Tribunal: INEC Presents Blurry Adeleke’s Testimonial, Oyetola Kicks / List Of Top Dignitaries Who Welcomed Shekarau Back To PDP Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by agwom(m): 6:31am On Jul 29, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will today open its defence against the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. This followed the conclusion of submissions by PDP and Atiku on July 19 during which they called 62 witnesses out of the 400 earlier billed to testify at the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal.

INEC had contended that the election was conducted in accordance with the Electoral Act while objecting to the existence of a server.
The PDP had claimed that results of the February 23 presidential election were transmitted through a server. Among other issues, INEC had also contended that Atiku and PDP’s petition was incompetent for the non-joinder in the petition of persons listed in allegations of electoral malpractices such as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, military and police chiefs. Counsel to INEC, Yunus Ustaz Usman (SAN) had proposed to call 84 witnesses in six days as agreed with lawyers to Atiku and PDP, Levy Uzoukwu (SAN); Muhammadu Buhari, Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and the All Progressives Congress (APC’s), Lateef Fagbemi (SAN) on the schedule and modalities to hear the petition. The petitioners had taken 10 days to conclude their case as agreed in the schedule, while the defence will take six days each.

The parties also agreed that they will spend five minutes to take evidence in chief from ordinary witnesses, while examination of expert and subpoenaed witnesses will take 20 minutes and any re-examination will take three minutes. As part of the guidelines for the main hearing, the parties agreed that every objection to documents tendered in the hearing could be indicated at the point of tendering, but would not be taken until during final address where it would be taken separately.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pres-tribunal-inec-to-open-defence-against-atiku-pdp-today.html

2 Likes

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Dannyset(m): 6:32am On Jul 29, 2019
grin
May the Gbas gbos continue on the Cameroonian Jokoli.

The mass hysteria of the "We are going to court" and the #AtikuIsCunning thing has dipped overnight. They have seen their foolery in the open. What a pity!

Over to you Olanipekun.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by mysteriousman(m): 6:33am On Jul 29, 2019
I wish Atiku will simply let this go. Its simply a waste of time, what Buhari experienced in the past should be an indicator of the end that this case will come to

4 Likes

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by emajames9180: 6:34am On Jul 29, 2019
When I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it!
https://buyzin.info/
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by mooremoney(m): 6:34am On Jul 29, 2019
Inec is a joke.
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:35am On Jul 29, 2019
Lemme observe several conundrum and lacuna in complete contrast to locus classicus..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:35am On Jul 29, 2019
H
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by ednut1(m): 6:35am On Jul 29, 2019
Atiku move on biko

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by nony43(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2019
With the ways things are going, Atiku will not win this case

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by kolafolabi(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2019
It's Mondays already. Fresh news, fresh juice

2 Likes

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by chriskosherbal(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2019
Let's watch and see how far this one will go today, we need to get it right in this country, our institutions must know thier roles per time cos the systemic failure we are experiencing as a country has root in our institutions.

See signature
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by ikezuora4689(m): 6:39am On Jul 29, 2019
They will be general protest on 7-8-9and 10 of August no school will open.....no ministry or office will open let's all March to Abuja and demand for our right....I really wish we can pull a crown of 100million Nigerians....no body is going home until we get what we came for
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by 01mcfadden(m): 6:39am On Jul 29, 2019
Atiku is coming home.
grin
Betnaija guy has debuted below me. Waiting for the sex position guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Sommydisaster(m): 6:40am On Jul 29, 2019
Well

Let the winner decides

God the Almighty knows the best for us....... grin grin grin

Meanwhile check out the siggy, I give beautiful offer on Electronics

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by oobelomo: 6:40am On Jul 29, 2019
grin grin
BUSHMEAT CON DEY HUNT HUNTER
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by chinavs9ja(m): 6:41am On Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm

I am a website designer and developer...check my signature
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Wizmasta: 6:42am On Jul 29, 2019
Atiku can only win his case if only Cossy Orjiakor can prove to the world that she is a virgin.

4 Likes

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by nurex01(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2019
Can't we sleep well again? grin Please, let the sleeping dog lies.

1 Like

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by shanaka4u(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2019
DO THEY EVEN NEED TO DEFEND ANYTHING EVEN WHEN THE PETITIONERS HAVE FAILED WOEFULLY?? EVEN WITHOUT A DEFENCE, ATIKU HAS LOST IT.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by nairamarley999: 6:47am On Jul 29, 2019
0. agwom(m): Quote Post

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will today open its defence against the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. This followed the conclusion of submissions by PDP and Atiku on July 19 during which they called 62 witnesses out of the 400 earlier billed to testify at the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal.

INEC had contended that the election was conducted in accordance with the Electoral Act while objecting to the existence of a server.
The PDP had claimed that results of the February 23 presidential election were transmitted through a server. Among other issues, INEC had also contended that Atiku and PDP’s petition was incompetent for the non-joinder in the petition of persons listed in allegations of electoral malpractices such as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, military and police chiefs. Counsel to INEC, Yunus Ustaz Usman (SAN) had proposed to call 84 witnesses in six days as agreed with lawyers to Atiku and PDP, Levy Uzoukwu (SAN); Muhammadu Buhari, Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and the All Progressives Congress (APC’s), Lateef Fagbemi (SAN) on the schedule and modalities to hear the petition. The petitioners had taken 10 days to conclude their case as agreed in the schedule, while the defence will take six days each.

The parties also agreed that they will spend five minutes to take evidence in chief from ordinary witnesses, while examination of expert and subpoenaed witnesses will take 20 minutes and any re-examination will take three minutes. As part of the guidelines for the main hearing, the parties agreed that every objection to documents tendered in the hearing could be indicated at the point of tendering, but would not be taken until during final address where it would be taken separately.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pres-tribunal-inec-to-open-defence-against-atiku-pdp-today.html
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Ilefoaye(m): 6:47am On Jul 29, 2019
again?
meanwhile a Smart Tv with free 3months
subscription. for just #90k Hisense 32inches ,
#120k Samsung 32inches. Resolution:
(1920*1080p) Full HD Input: USB, 2
HDMI webOS 3.5 Smart TV Color Master Engine
Satellite TV Dynamic Color Triple XD Engine
Smart Energy Saving Wide Viewing Angle WiFi
Virtual Surround Plus
delivery nationwide.
Pls Note: pay on Delivery.
Quote me for more INFO and Pictures
or whatsapp on Zero Nine Zero fiftytwo fiftythree
fiftytwo fiftythree.

1 Share

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by boxypane(m): 6:48am On Jul 29, 2019
One thing I appreciate about this process is that our electoral laws and processes will be better for it.

2 Likes

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Obere4u: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2019
mysteriousman:
I wish Atiku will simply let this go. Its simply a waste of time, what Buhari experienced in the past should be an indicator of the end that this case will come to

Nothing to keep them in the news Na... They don't know how to play opposition... By now they should be trying to figure how to keep hold of Bayelsa and how to capture Kogi because of Bello incompetence....

3 Likes

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Dottore: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2019
Ok
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Dottore: 7:02am On Jul 29, 2019
Christain1iilj:
Are we still on this issue
Cursed asshole
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by SolarKing247: 7:02am On Jul 29, 2019
When Americans wake up, they'll say God bless America. No wonder they are the No 1 in the World.

There is power in the tongue, have you said it today? God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by ceenana: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2019
Please everyone, I need a job soo badly. Help a depressed soul. This is the thread I created. Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/5325035/please-depression-killing-me
Re: Pres. Tribunal: INEC To Open Defence Against Atiku, PDP Today by Josephemma2(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2019
Let d game roll on,atiku is coming

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uncertainty Over Resumption Date Of Adamu-Led APC NWC / Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Court Temporarily stops Impeachment Of Ondo Deputy-Governor / A National Monument To Ojukwu Should Be Built In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.