Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) (67091 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / 179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) / The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by frowland(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
Virginnn:
Bizarre! Tall Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta

Wonder will never end. So I traveled to my country home with my parents in Delta State. The other day, was going to the farm with my grandmother. There I saw it. A disaster waiting to happen. What tickled my fancy was the fact that the electric pole is right in the middle of tbhe town. not some far away forest.

Furthermore, there is usually this annual maintenance programme by whichever agency is in charge. How come they have been missing this?

That an important electricity facility like this one can be ignored speaks volume about our mentality as a people.

Here, calling on bloggers and the various news agencies to publicise this till it gets to the authorities in charge.

Note: this eyesore is located at the end of Ikpamaku Street, Adeje Town in Okpe LGA of Delta State.
Wadoooo...

TCN does not have eyes everywhere. I expect you to foward this to them. They are active on twitter @TCN_NIGERIA. You can send the picture and the location to them there.
Most likely a squirrel took it there and it grew from there.
I will blame your community leaders and everyone else who saw it and did nothing.
I took the effort to do this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Ibile77(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
Nigerians always wait for the story that touches the heart
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Narijoel(m): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
I am already scared looking at the photos shocked
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Abanabaoghogho: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
You would have reported to the appropriate authority that is BEDC or your community leaders instead of bringing it here, that is the meaning of been proactive.
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
O lale wu
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by BlessedH: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
village people sef
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Bbbwings: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
See dose yeye commuters shouting she shouldn't complain here

What makes you think complaint has never been made
Considering that palm must have been there for months
One or two bedc officials must have seen it during their rounds in collecting bills from customers also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Werwolf: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
Chaii!!
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Sparkle777(f): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
The Palm Tree looks trimmed, who has been trimming it? Highly dangerous.
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Jetrue3oo: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
This is no news because there is enough space for the Palm tree to grow
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Ezyp(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lovelife433:
and dis is news abi?
Oga this is news o (at least an authority can be notified)...This thing fit cause grid collapse and na you go come de curse nepa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by princety24(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
na wooh wonderful tree..
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by xeleb(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
Allah Akbar
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
Kenneth10110:
Hope they do something to it. But aren't people in that community they have been watching this grow to this height.
yeah they would HV cut it down but u know it's dangerous
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Kingluqman(m): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Banga Pole

grin
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Daintydan: 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Virginnn:

Wonder will never end. So I traveled to my country home with my parents in Delta State. The other day, was going to the farm with my grandmother. There I saw it. A disaster waiting to happen. What tickled my fancy was the fact that the electric pole is right in the middle of tbhe town. not some far away forest.

Furthermore, there is usually this annual maintenance programme by whichever agency is in charge. How come they have been missing this?

That an important electricity facility like this one can be ignored speaks volume about our mentality as a people.

Here, calling on bloggers and the various news agencies to publicise this till it gets to the authorities in charge.

Note: this eyesore is located at the end of Ikpamaku Street, Adeje Town in Okpe LGA of Delta State.
Wadoooo...
Is that a pole or a pylon?
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Mike2924(m): 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Gid help Nigeria
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by BENEAMATA: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
high tension life
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Psoul(m): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
Cut that palm tree, that town will never have light again until the god of that palm tree is handsomely appeased.
Pls stay out of that palm tree.
Only few of us know why nobody has attempted cutting down the tree.
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Sixaxis: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
Palmwine tapper should feel free to tap jare..kilokanmi
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Broadenyourhori: 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
Virginnn:

Wadoooo...

Disaster waiting to happen. The local govt chairman should be held responsible for any mishap. His/her primary assignment is the welfare of people in his/her local govt. He/she should be mounting pressure on the state govt to uproot the tree asap!. The tree didnt get to that height overnight. They have simply overlooked it and they will continue to do so if no one in that community (home or away) says something.

The problem is , we mind our business so much that the govt gets away with so many things that shouldn't be. This can never happen in a country where people speak up for themselves and others. There must be few educated Nigerians from this community and it is a shame someone has not screamed out for help until now.... ignorance is indeed a disease!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by awetaiye2015: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Virginnn:

Wadoooo...

Now that the high tension is in this state, it is not PHCN property ooo, make the area go clear that bush and cut the trees off, na then the useless PHCN go say na their property. Imagine we bought a brand new transformer for our area because after months of writing and waiting, BDEC never answered us. Only for these irritants to come install the transformer for us, they said we must surrender the transformer to dem and give them the original receipt so it becomes their property, else, they won't install it for us. Wen light spoil, na the area wahala, area go manage contribute buy transformer, e go become PHCN property. Wasted set of sperms and ovaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by EdiAbali: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
The villagers should go and burn down PHC office anywhere they see it, they know about this but they will wait for it to cause damage first for them to gain
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
How's that tree still alive? The amount of electromagnetic emission is supposed to have dried it to death, but then again, this is Africa, and that tree is probably an ancestor that is opposed to modern development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by EdiAbali: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
This thing will destroy the entire life that come in contact with it, if the palm tree grow and touches it, lives would los
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by EdiAbali: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
How's that tree still alive? The amount of electromagnetic emission is supposed to have dried it to death, but then again, this is Africa, and that tree is probably an ancestor that is opposed to modern development.

Palm trees are very strong, they are hard to die,
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by blackmantis: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
Psoul:
Cut that palm tree, that town will never have light again until the god of that palm tree is handsomely appeased.
Pls stay out of that palm tree.
Only few of us know why nobody has attempted cutting down the tree.

There's hardly any power on that line
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Truthwords: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
elecTREEcity

1 Like

Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by blacq2009(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
Of all the vacant places of the earth, this is where this palm tree decides to grow errh? And someone will be somewhere doubting witchcraft.
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by Seandavid(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
This is pure ignorance, the local govt of that vicinity should be informed. Or rather make necessary steps
Re: Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) by mixta140: 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Everyday wit different stories.

For stubborn STD check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures / Marcotting/Air Layering: Turn A Plant Into A Plantation / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.