Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates (882 Views)

Ekiti Is A State Of Professors Not Illiterates..Voters Say No To Vote Buying / Simon Ekpa: IPOB Members Are Stark Illiterates, Nomadic Biafrans Without Brains / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates by gforce5: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
What I am about to say will be met by denials, insults and criticisms. I don't care because the truth needs to be told. I always try to be neutral when it comes to Nigeria but I cannot in good conscience deny it anymore. This is not about tribe or religion but the blunt reality of what is happening in the country.

Growing up in Lagos, especially on the Island, I was oblivious to tribalism and religious differences as the schools I attended (Corona primary and King's College) had students from various backgrounds. Didn't understand the concept of tribalism until my late teens. My aunt, who had worked in Unipetrol (now OANDO), was always complaining about how her directors,who were Fulanis, were always undermining her. This is a woman who acquired a masters degree in Oil & Gas Law from the prestigious London School of Economics (LSE) in 1977! Her bosses did not have half her qualifications but were the ones calling the shots. She wasn't the only one. One of my neighbours, who worked for First Bank for over 20 years, had the same complaint and she later had to resign in order to set up her own shop as she couldn't take their crap anymore.

The two examples I have given are just a scratch beneath the surface of what has been going on in this country since the end of the Civil War. Southerners and Christians from the North Central, who make up the bulk of educated intellencia in the country, work as technicians, advisers but their bosses cannot even produce their certificates.

Look at Mohammed Tanko. This man has the confidence to tell the country that he does not know where his certificate is. A bloody Chief Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria does not understand what "Technicality" is. Meanwhile, the next in line is Bode Rhodes Viviour who is a well known Judicial figure in the country. His Judgments are there for everyone to see. Does Tanko have any Judgment that has been published and is on record?

Take a look at his boss. The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has refused to produce his school cert. How is it that the Vice President of the country is a Professor of Law and his boss does not have one tenth of his qualifications? Before people talk about his experience as a Military Governor, Head of State and Minister of Petroleum ask yourself how did he get there? Do you honestly think that he would be where he is today if he was from another tribe and religion? The Constitution has asserted that all you need to be President is your school cert. Does that make sense in a country that has produced some of the brightest minds in Africa? A country that has produced Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and many others? There is no top university in the world where you will not find a Nigerian student. Nigerian immigrants are the most educated immigrants in the U.S.

In the most recent elections in Lagos, i noticed that market women, agberos and the lot were canvassed for votes. The middle and upper class who should have been at the forefront of the voting process were nowhere to be found. Look at the people controlling transportation in Lagos and other big cities. These guys take drugs, drink ogogoro and do not have any value for their life and their passengers but those same passengers put their lives in their hands

To conclude, I am not biased towards Northern muslims only that they should at least bring in their most qualified. Sanusi and the late Ya'ardua are very educated and you could see their achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates by ebuk4real(m): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, it's the 'literates' that defend these buffooneries here. Nigeria needs to borrow shame
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2019
My brother those people are terrible whether it is hatred o, I dont understand.
I can relate with what you typed here. Abeg it is just too much, look at the way they treated justice Onnogen.

They are the ones messing up civil service with their tribalism.

The best place for now to work in naija is multinational corporation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates by ahiboilandgas: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
gforce5:
What I am about to say will be met by denials, insults and criticisms. I don't care because the truth needs to be told. I always try to be neutral when it comes to Nigeria but I cannot in good conscience deny it anymore. This is not about tribe or religion but the blunt reality of what is happening in the country.

Growing up in Lagos, especially on the Island, I was oblivious to tribalism and religious differences as the schools I attended (Corona primary and King's College) had students from various backgrounds. Didn't understand the concept of tribalism until my late teens. My aunt, who had worked in Unipetrol (now OANDO), was always complaining about how her directors,who were Fulanis, were always undermining her. This is a woman who acquired a masters degree in Oil & Gas Law from the prestigious London School of Economics (LSE) in 1977! Her bosses did not have half her qualifications but were the ones calling the shots. She wasn't the only one. One of my neighbours, who worked for First Bank for over 20 years, had the same complaint and she later had to resign in order to set up her own shop as she couldn't take their crap anymore.

The two examples I have given are just a scratch beneath the surface of what has been going on in this country since the end of the Civil War. Southerners and Christians from the North Central, who make up the bulk of educated intellencia in the country, work as technicians, advisers but their bosses cannot even produce their certificates.

Look at Mohammed Tanko. This man has the confidence to tell the country that he does not know where his certificate is. A bloody Chief Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria does not understand what "Technicality" is. Meanwhile, the next in line is Bode Rhodes Viviour who is a well known Judicial figure in the country. His Judgments are there for everyone to see. Does Tanko have any Judgment that has been published and is on record?

Take a look at his boss. The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has refused to produce his school cert. How is it that the Vice President of the country is a Professor of Law and his boss does not have one tenth of his qualifications? Before people talk about his experience as a Military Governor, Head of State and Minister of Petroleum ask yourself how did he get there? Do you honestly think that he would be where he is today if he was from another tribe and religion? The Constitution has asserted that all you need to be President is your school cert. Does that make sense in a country that has produced some of the brightest minds in Africa? A country that has produced Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and many others? There is no top university in the world where you will not find a Nigerian student. Nigerian immigrants are the most educated immigrants in the U.S.

In the most recent elections in Lagos, i noticed that market women, agberos and the lot were canvassed for votes. The middle and upper class who should have been at the forefront of the voting process were nowhere to be found. Look at the people controlling transportation in Lagos and other big cities. These guys take drugs, drink ogogoro and do not have any value for their life and their passengers but those same passengers put their lives in their hands

To conclude, I am not biased towards Northern muslims only that they should at least bring in their most qualified. Sanusi and the late Ya'ardua are very educated and you could see their achievements.
but Jonathan has a phd but oversaw the looting of Nigeria.....like wise dezani...nigeria didn't transform into an Eldorado from 2009 to 2015 ...entitlement mentality is your problem ...why your assertion southern nigeria lead by southerner could have been like England but go to abia and compare with kano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates by mrvitalis(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
gforce5:

The middle class are not interested because the dont really pay tax ,....been running my pure water factory for sometime now i dont pay tax ....why should i care about nigeria

The politicians have enough to steal but little to work so they wont tax

The middle class only complain but cant take action because they dont really feel the impact

The poor are easily bought add all this then u see were our problem is

Look at our GDP/budget ratio around 6%

Most developed world have 35% and above
Re: Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates by blacknp(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
gforce5:

Corona School Vi (My alumni under Mrs Sesegbon?then KC?you must know the aire’s,fadaka’s,kuye,Femi Akinrele, Mike Nere to mention a few men of the 90’s?same here to,living in Vi made me oblivious to tribalism and the Yoruba language.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Disrupt Kogi PDP Gov Primary / Nigeria Blows Hot, Gives Conditions Before Opening Borders With Neighbours / Nigerian Army To Punish 22 Soldiers Who Ran Away From Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.