Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister (1802 Views)

FX Crisis: Tinubu Begs Nigerians To Buy Local Goods, Approves N75bn 4 Manufactur / Employment Slots Scandal: SERAP Calls On ICPC, EFCC To Probe Senate, MDAs / Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by Ebullience(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Senator Oluremi Tinubu representing Lagos Central Senatorial district on Monday, urged a ministerial nominee, Babatunde Raji Fashola, to accommodate Senators’ plea for employment slots to their constituents.

The female lawmaker remarked that she hadn’t asked for employment slots in Fashola’s Works and Power Ministry in the last administration, but said all Senators should be considered this time.

“Mr. nominee, all of us here have our Constituents back home looking for employment opportunities and I want you to consider our request when you get to office.

In your last administration, I did not look for employment slots for my Constituents, but this time, we all need you to consider us.”

For over an hour, the former Lagos governor and Minister for Works, Housing and Power in the last administration, was overwhelmed with questions bordering on his Ministry in the last administration.

Senators, who asked questions, were unanimous in their concern over the collapse of road infrastructure and housing deficit across the country.

Senator Lillian Ekwunife (Anambra) lamented that Federal roads in Anambra have collapsed completely, saying that a ” journey of one hour takes four hours.”

She revealed that she was almost looking for a chopper to airlift her to a function which held at Awka, Anambra state capital, on Saturday due to heavy traffic occasioned by bad roads.

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-begs-fashola-for-employment-slots-when-made-minister/

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by Berrtyi: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ok
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by Simplyleo: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
For this comment alone, this woman should cease to be a member of the Senate. undecided

I doubt if she really understands the implications of such unguarded comments in public places.

A senator openly and officially canvassing for "connection" in employment? Wtf. angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by JubrinElSudan: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Fashola's allegiance is to your husband, not you
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by crownwealth: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wife of a rogue is also a rogue.
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by crownwealth: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:
For this comment alone, this woman should cease to be a member of the Senate. undecided

I doubt if she really understands the implications of such unguarded comments in public places.

A senator openly and officially canvassing for "connection" in employment? Wtf. angry

Are you new to the ‘shithole’ practice?
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by captianfreeman(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Imagine undecided

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by slimfit1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
The where is her constituency projects?
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by plaindealer: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

She was performing her legitimate and constitutional duties on behalf of her constituency.

Get some civic education.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by MetaPhysical: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

You are igna'ant! grin. You have no clue!

A Senator must vote for privileges for the people. She spoke for all constituencies when she said "we all have people back home".
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by Simplyleo: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
plaindealer:

She was performing her legitimate and constitutional duties on behalf of her constituency.

A senator openly and officially canvassing for "connection" in employment and you call it legitimate and constitutional?

So what will now happen to citizens without connections? As in, officially. They should go and die?
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by MetaPhysical: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
plaindealer:

Wallahi fa!
He is an Onitsha bridge head tout! grin
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by slimfit1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
The constituency funds they get are enough to create 4 -5 million jobs for Nigerians what is this useless woman saying don't pis me off Beach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by MetaPhysical: 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

A senator openly and officially canvassing for "connection" in employment and you call it legitimate and constitutional?

So what will now happen to citizens without connections? As in, officially. They should go and die?

Senator Tinubu takes care of her constituency fairly. My parents are in her constituency and i know. She knows her stuff.

Senators in other places probably favour their family members and friends with federal privilege....but not this lady.

If you want insider deal you have to go to her husband. If you want fair and balanced treatment you go to Mrs Tinubu.

Those of us in Island know this. Cut her slack abeg. She is a woman of the people....she loves her people and we love her.

A true Itsekiri daughter.
To my Itsekiri people...Waado! grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by plaindealer: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

What is the meaning of connection? What they legitimately own you as voters in their constituency is not connection, it's what you are entitled to and what they are supposed to do for you.

Legitimate request for jobs for the people in her constituency is what ignorant people call connection these days I guess.

You are obviously an ignorant electorate since you have no clue per why you have reps and their constitutional obligations to serve you, lobby for you and seek a better life for you. You don't know your rights

I wonder about you people sometimes..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by aolawale025: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Always personal interest. Not national considerations
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by plaindealer: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
aolawale025:
Always personal interest. Not national considerations

Looking out for the people she represents is her personal interest?

You sabi book so?
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

Bottom line they dont give a 5#!+ about anythingelse
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by SammieRexx(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Reading some comments here actually gives me shame. Is there any hope for this country at all......and these are the youths who are supposed to lead tomorrow. Whoever does not find anything wrong with that statement needs enlightenment. The world is laughing at us
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by plaindealer: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
SammieRexx:
Reading some comments here actually gives me shame. Is there any hope for this country at all......and these are the youths who are supposed to lead tomorrow. Whoever does not find anything wrong with that statement needs enlightenment. The world is laughing at us

And you need civic education.
Re: Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister by plaindealer: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2019

This is the kind of constituency projects they are used to...

Village mentality is bad mentality.

(1) (Reply)

All Five Redeem Pastors Have Converted To Islam / Dr. Deji Adeleke, Epitome Of Philanthropic Altruism(Photos) / Nigeria Sars Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.