Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. (692 Views)

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Green Diamond Essay: Tell Your Nigerian Story And Win Up To N1m / What Is The Difference Between Advice And Advise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hi here, I want you to consider my decision and advise me!
I'm currently an hundred level student of Zoology going to 200level as soon as the next session commences.
Some people might have read my post when I was in a state of emotional trauma when 2019 JAMB results were released. Yes, I did the exam well and satisfactorily after my meticulous preparation at the expense of my first semester test & exam, I expected nothing less than 320 but I got the shock of my life when I was sent, & checked my result,250! All hope for medicine this year is lost. Lest I forget, during the course of the exam, I reassured myself to cross-check the perfect work I had done and happiness filled up my heart and face even before leaving the exam Hall.... I did my best to get in touch with JAMB headquarter but all efforts proved abortive.....
I'm a 2.1 student currently, based on my first semester result, but I'm not happy with my given course 'Zoology'. Now I want to take the risk of not resuming for next semester, I want to focus majorly on 2020 jamb and do it as if my life depends on it because I'm not from a well-off family and I'm not happy paying school fees from my Mum's hard-earned money on a course I am not happy with... Please, what do you think? Should I take the risk?
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by ojun50(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
Young man life is not straight forward, if you drop yr zoology course and focus on yr jamb and you end up not meeting yr target, wht will happen? Take snipper abi?

My advice for you is to focus on yr study and put every effort in it has if yr life depend on,,,,,,, the same way you should prepare very hard for the next jamb has it yr future depend on it,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by InansBobo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Change course to either Pharmacy, Med Lab Science, Radiography or Nursing with the 250.

If you don't follow the above, whatever you do, don't dropout that you want to prepare for UTME 2020, it should be easier to prepare for it from school than home
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
InansBobo:
Change course to either Pharmacy, Med Lab Science, Radiography or Nursing with the 250.

If you don't follow the above, whatever you do, don't dropout that you want to prepare for UTME 2020, it should be easier to prepare for it from school than home
None of them interests me..I want to prepare for it in the school. One will affect the other if I should continue with the present course.. So, I'll be staying in the school as a student on a different mission.
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by EmzyT: 12:00am On Jul 30, 2019
You just said your parent are not financially stable and you still want to dump Zoology and go for Medicine & Surgery? Which do you think is costlier? You think Medicine and Surgery is child's play? undecided Wake your ass up and channel all your energy on the Zoology!

Sometimes we just have to be extremely grateful that Somethings don't work out the way we once wanted them to.. If the door for you to study Medicine & Surgery doesn't open, then its not your door! Sometimes it takes a good fall for us to know where we stand... Remember, you might just be being redirected to something better wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by Divay22(f): 12:19am On Jul 30, 2019
But must it be Medicine?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by InansBobo(m): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2019

None of them interests me..I want to prepare for it in the school. One will affect the other if I should continue with the present course.. So, I'll be staying in the school as a student on a different mission.
it's still okay to be in school on a different mission at least I'm sure your exams won't fall into January/February so even if you don't care about the school, after your utme you can still do wonders in the school exam because from your post, you didn't average the utme because you didn't write well, you wrote and you were expecting 320 so you never can tell.
And you should also find schools that won't be very competitive, if you can afford, a private uni or state uni say Ondo State University of Medical Science
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by robosky02(m): 9:27am On Jul 30, 2019
Divay22:
But must it be Medicine?

Doctor is doctor

Even if it is native doctor

How's ur night
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by Divay22(f): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2019
robosky02:

Doctor is doctor

Even if it is native doctor

How's ur night
Hahahahahahahaha grin grin
I use God beg you, leave him alone cheesy.

We want the medical Doctor and not the other one tongue

I survived smileyand how about yours?
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by robosky02(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2019
Divay22:

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin
I use God beg you, leave him alone cheesy.

We want the medical Doctor and not the other one tongue

I survived smileyand how about yours?

No be small thing oh

We bless baba God

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by candygirl4real: 4:16am On Jul 31, 2019
I once thought like you. "it must be medicine" dear life is not too straight forward. What if u write another jamb and score below expectation.
Continue with the zoology, strive hard and be the best, you will surely see better opportunities come ur way, more than the medicine you are waiting till God knows when for
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by robertjee2019: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2019
nice post
Re: Should I Take The Risk Or Not, Please Read My Story And Advise Me. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2019
hello bro! I would like to talk privately with you.....can you add me up on whatsapp? my number is 08144017362

(1) (Reply)

.... / JAMB Announces Date For 2020 UTME/DE Registration And Examination / Reason Why Sweet Sixteen Novel Is Reapeated Again This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.