Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,817 members, 7,831,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State (669 Views)

Another Nigerian Killed In Philippines Drug Sting / 49 Nigerians Arrested In A House In Senegal During A Midnight Sting Operation / Operation Sting: Prep For Final Showdown With Criminal Elements In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by naijadrivablog: 12:01am On Jul 30, 2019
@naijadrivablog

The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike, on Friday 26th July 2019, launched a new State security operations code – named ‘Operation Sting’ to improve the security of lives and property across the State.

Wike explained that the operation would be fully funded by the state government to tackle criminal elements and reduce crime and criminality in all parts of the state.

The governor said the security outfit would tackle the sources and drivers of insecurity, warning that all criminals in the state would be got rid of. He acknowledged that the state had faced major security challenges in the area of kidnapping, cult activities and armed robbery.

On logistics for the take – off of the outfit , Wike said,
“Under Operation Sting, we have taken concrete steps to strengthen the logistics and operational capability of the civil and armed security forces.
“Seventy -six patrol / operational vehicles fitted with communication gadgets, eight armoured fitted gunboats to tighten coastal security and protect our waterways from the activities of criminals.”
He also added that,
“Two Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) for police swift responses actions, 450 hand- held mobile radios to enhance communication among the security personnel and overcome the current wide gaps in intelligence gathering.”

He said the State Government had set up a fund to take care of their families should they suffer any calamity in the course of their service.
Governor Wike also said that there will be operational bases in all the 23 local government areas of the State to strengthen the command and control structures of the initiative and ensure effective coordination and synergy with the state headquarters, the LGAs and the communities.

Wike said the state was not yet as peaceful as the administration desired, hence the renewed effort to stamp out criminality.

In attendance of the event were heads of Security Agencies such as the Army, NSCDC, Police, and Navy.

In his remarks, the state Commissioner of Police, Mustapha Dandaura, explained that the objective of the operation was to get rid of criminals and reduce crime to the barest minimum.

See photos of donated gun boats, JAC and Nissan NP300 trucks, and Proforce Armoured Personnel Carriers below:

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/07/29/insecurity-wike-launches-operation-sting-to-fight-insecurity-in-rivers-photos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by naijadrivablog: 12:03am On Jul 30, 2019

1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by Kingpee2(m): 12:30am On Jul 30, 2019
Alarming rate of cultism in this man state no be here ,i hope it ends pretty soon though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by tydi(m): 1:03am On Jul 30, 2019
grin

I have started the business of selling my likes.
If I like your post I will contact you with my account details.. Its cheap and affordable.. I sell 1 like for just 200 naira.
So patronize me, by making sensible comments so my business can move forward.. Thanks.
Re: Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by Wigetsolar: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2019
. This is commendable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by naijadrivablog: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
lalasticlacla, this is commendable.
Re: Governor Wike Launches ‘Operation Sting’ To Fight Insecurity In Rivers State by Wigetsolar: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
Kingpee2:
Alarming rate of cultism in this man state no be here ,i hope it ends pretty soon though.

If only it doesn't favour politicians.

(1) (Reply)

'I Would Have Raped You' - Computer Teacher Tells Former Student After 13 Years / Lady Gets Burnt In A Twerk Stunt Gone Wrong (Photos) / Face, Details Of Port Harcourt Alleged Serial Killer Revealed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.