Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) (15753 Views)

Wanted Kidnap Kingpin, Yusuf Aliu, Arrested In Edo (Photo) / Gunmen Assassinate 27-year-old Man In Edo (Photo) / Kester Ehiwe Kidnapped And Killed In Edo. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by GistNet: 3:23am On Jul 30, 2019
A former chairman of the Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) Akoko-Edo branch, Alhaji Jimoh Olumoye, has been kidnapped on his way to farm.

Alhaji Olumoye was abducted along Igarra-Okpe Road on Sunday afternoon while driving in his car to pick his children from the farm.

A member of the family who pleaded anonymity told Daily Trust that his children raised alarm when they saw their father’s car with the doors opened and his phones abandoned.

“His children had gone to the farm early in the morning and he promised to go and picked them in the afternoon before he would attend his family meeting." said the family source.

“The children waited endlessly for their father and when they did not see him, decided to be trekking home. On their way home, they met his car on the road with the four doors opened and his mobile phone abandoned. After searching for their father fruitlessly, they decided to now come home to inform the family. We have been praying for his safety, we are worried because he is a civil servant who also farms to augment whatever he is earning as a civil servant. We are appealing that his abductors release him unhurt. He has an aged mother and everybody is scared of breaking the news to her, we are really worried”.

The source said the family has lodged a formal complaint at the Igarra police station.
It was gathered that several vigilance groups in Igarra, Ojah, Ogugu and environs in Akoko-Edo local government area and their counterparts in Owan East have been mobilized to comb the forests around the area.

A member of the vigilance group said, “It was only the State Security Service that responded to our call immediately we heard of the incident and called them. We have mobilised our members and we trying to track them down in the forests so they would move out to other states close to us.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/former-nulge-chairman-kidnapped-on-his-way-to-farm-in-edo

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Sundaygeorge: 3:27am On Jul 30, 2019
Hmm
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by gaby(m): 4:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Scary shiiit

I hope he gets found in one piece and alive.

Everything just dey go jagajaga

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by osuofia2(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Buhari why? pls call the boys to order, you said you are encouraging Agriculture yet Kidnappers keep kidnapping farmers what a mirage
He is even an alhaji, Southerner has no be business been an Alhaji because the Fulani does not regard them as muslims

13 Likes

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Boyooosa(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2019
kidnapping has now become a staple, norm and rampant in our society now.
Wait o, what of Evans sef na, let them kill this guy once and for all na may be that will serve as deterrent for others that are still in that devilish business since his incarceration is not sending any message to them.
in the other news, CoH, how market? if to say na for ekiti or ondo e happen now, una for talk say na fulani herdsmen, who did this one o? I'm very sure that you would have alleged the FG of being in slow to convict and executr Evans if he is from Katsina, meanwhile, the judiciary is to be blamed in this delayed judgement.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Patrioticman007(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Another Fulani, sorry Evans , Fulani no Evans. Finally it's a collaboration F. Evans. May he be found, Ameen

6 Likes

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Fragility6: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Na southerners wey dey rear cattle for bush kidnap the man. Stupid people wey dey defend Fulani herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Olakush12: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2019
kidnapping everyday

who did we offend in this country angry

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by hisgrace090: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2019
Too much greed in the land.
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by one1clien(m): 10:18am On Jul 30, 2019
scary stuff. is no one safe again

i'll build your dream website/blog for just 5k. see my signatre

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by solmusdesigns: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2019
shocked

Fools would blame fulani as ussual while the real culprits are living large
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Bolustical: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Simplyleo: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2019
The kidnappers are fulani herdsmen because other tribes don't know anything about kidnapping grin

solmusdesigns:
shocked

Fools would blame fulani as ussual while the real culprits are living large

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by mgh2: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2019
Jk
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Haywize93(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2019
Olakush12:
kidnapping everyday

who did we offend in this country angry

grin nah bubu and his government
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by nwamabo247(m): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2019
PLEASE my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a charity goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Finchmgh: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2019
Hmm

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Realbarc: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2019
osuofia2:
Buhari why? pls call the boys to order, you said you are encouraging Agriculture yet Kidnappers keep kidnapping farmers what a mirage
He is even an alhaji, Southerner has no be business been an Alhaji because the Fulani does not regard them as muslims

Please, stop accusing other tribes for all criminal laactivity in your vicinity.i
Reasons
1. There was a reported case of Fulani herdsmen kidnapping people on the Ibadan Lagos express way https://punchng.com/how-we-rescued-seven-kidnapped-victims-on-lagos-ibadan-road-police/. No mention on social media becos the narrative have chnaged

2.The police went into action and dixovered a hideout not habited by the Fulani herdsmen

3. The kidnapped were free from their captors

4' the vilgilante were blinded by their understanding that it was a Fulani herdsman so no headway

5…
. The same Fulani herdsmen are still rumoured to be the captors.

5. Until we decide to come together and fight criminals rather than stereotyping anyone or stupid political or any gain , we won't move far.

6 not all fulanis are bandits or robbers. Not all kidnappers are Igbos . Not all ritual killer s are Yoruba. This assumptions are seteotypes that blow no good into our collective wellbeing s. They are most tribalistic, racist and at best rubbish that are counter productive. A criminal is a criminal

Be a solution provider not a wamonger

By the way , I not a northerner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by desiredhome: 11:04am On Jul 30, 2019
osuofia2:
Some people really need a rehab, seriously
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 11:04am On Jul 30, 2019
sad
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by Tecno66: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
osuofia2:
And they want to invite investors! Which investor will bring his money to a war zone? It is only Nigerians that do not know that their country is under siege.
Re: Jimoh Olumoye Kidnapped On His Way To Farm In Edo (Photo) by CreekCommando: 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
nwamabo247:
PLEASE my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a charity goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.
When you put something like this online, include your account details. Igbos on individual basis have strong purchasing power, and every #1000 could be marvelous. May God be with you and your aged mom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Stabs Neighbour To Death Over Noise In Ebonyi / Two Brothers Arrested For Murder In Ondo (Photo) / Soldiers, Airmen, Cops Arrested Over Rape In Idps Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.