Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years (43874 Views)

What Is Your Greatest Football Moment? / Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / 10 Football Players With The Most Trophies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Originalsly: 10:41am On Jul 31, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Ask any other person u know and they would tell you the same.
Two guys shared 10 ballon d'or back to back. They are in the news for about 12+ years and still counting.
If there was ever a best player by abilities, nobody can drag it with our dear Ronaldinho, but how many years did he do that for?

It doesn't matter how many balloon d'or they shared...nor for how many years....being the greatest is all about abilities.... when your abilities are greater than others. Ronaldinho didn't have to play for 50 years before one can see he is on a higher level. Doesn't matter how long or hard you train...... you can't match his abilities.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by nasoeb: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:

Pele won the world cup three times and is arguably the best player ever
Last 25 years.
Why you just no get sense sef. Haba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by BroadStreetBull(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Noel1:

I seriously wonder hw anyone could make DAT list without MARADONA?
last 25 years .

meaning 1994 till date.

Maradona was finish by 1990.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by loverboy442: 10:45am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:

Kaka? Modric has won more individual and team trophies than him
lifting trophies with clubs and country is not a criteria. you will see this only if you can think
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by BroadStreetBull(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2019
Originalsly:

It doesn't matter how many balloon d'or they shared...nor for how many years....being the greatest is all about abilities.... when your abilities are greater than others. Ronaldinho didn't have to play for 50 years before one can see doesn't matter how long or hard you train...... you can't match his abilities.

You could argue that Ronaldinho was better than Cristiano for the play making ability.

But for Messi, there was nothing Ronaldinho did besides snow boating that Messi didn't do and more.

Messi far better than Ronaldinho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Blabbermouth: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2019
stefanbanach:
Typical barkadog.

Ah didn't aim any dig at you. Bro, I play football also, I model after Ronaldinho and he is the best player by ability to me. Sincerely, I love him a little more than messi. BUT, Ronaldinho put himself on self-destruct mode. Forget all this, Ronaldinho's team style of play story. He loved the individual play style. It made everything about His game glaring.
But, if Ronaldinho had kept his head up in that barca team, even Pele go dey bow

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by loverboy442: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:

Pele won the world cup three times and is arguably the best player ever
brazil won the world cup not pele! we talk about great players based on how they play not by trophies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by BroadStreetBull(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Ah didn't aim any dig at you. Bro, I play football also, I model after Ronaldinho and he is the best player by ability to me. Sincerely, I love him a little more than messi. BUT, Ronaldinho put himself on self-destruct mode. Forget all this, Ronaldinho's team style of play story. He loved the individual play style. It made everything about His game glaring.
But, if Ronaldinho had kept his head up in that barca team, even Pele go dey bow
Remove all the snowboating and irrelevant flicks;

Messi far far better than Ronaldinho.
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by loverboy442: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2019
Boc007:
Okay let's look at the list again.

Why the hell didn't you add

OLIVER KHAN

MANUEL NEUER

BATISTUTA

SUKAR

ROBERTO CARLOS

SAMUEL ETO

SEEDORF

NEDVED

INZAGHI

TOTTI

STAM

DEL PIERO

KANTE grin

RAUL

Select any of them and remove HENRY sad angry sad angry
because the ones he mentioned are better than the ones you mentioned. we needed top ten remember?
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by bluecircle470: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:
Maradona and Pele and Johann Cruyff are not even in your list

Are you suffering from dyslexia?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Zoroaster: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2019
People seriously think ronaldo is better than messi.. Chai.. They are in the same class but messi is superior

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2019
bluke:
no george weah

fifa footballer of the year,
italian footballer of the year,
european footballer of the year,
african footballer of the year, liberian footballer of the year

all these in one season
i laugh in rugaaa
The last 25 years tho!! !

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by BroadStreetBull(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2019
Messi's ability to operate as a play maker is often underrated, understated and underappreciated.

That Is why anybody could believe that Cristiano Ronaldo is a better footballer than Lionel Messi.

Some Players become great just for being playmakers and creating chances.

Messi is not even valued for all the chances he makes for his teammates.

Looking at goal statistics, Messi is the greatest goal scorer in the last 25 years.
He also makes at least top 5 of the greatest playmakers of the last 25 years.

This fact is highly highly highly underrated.

Saying that Ronaldo is better than Messi is an exercise of ignorance any time any day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by RolexOfGeneva(m): 10:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Boc007:

OLIVER KHAN
MANUEL NEUER
BATISTUTA
SUKAR
ROBERTO CARLOS
SAMUEL ETO
SEEDORF
NEDVED
INZAGHI
TOTTI
STAM
DEL PIERO
KANTE grin
RAUL
You don drink abi? Comparing Kante and co to Thiery Henry
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by oladipojesse(m): 10:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Everyone is at liberty to say whatever he or she like in private or public as much as it is not damaging other. You have spoken but I will speak much better...

1. Ronaldo
2. Messi

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Wayne4uall(m): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:

LAST 25 YEARS BRO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by sholarr12: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2019
Josh44s:

I am a f00l. Just because you are a fan of Messi doesn’t mean you should underrate Cristiano
Take it easy on yourself.
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by golddeejay(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2019
Bruno3000:
No kaka? No Okocha? This list is inconclusive
Which Okocha? We over overate that dude!

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by obidaddy: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2019
oz4real83:
If not that Ronaldinho killed his own career with his own hands, he would have been far ahead of the second messi by a long distance. He ticked all the boxes when we talk about creativity, entertainment, results, goal scoring, free kicks and every other thing. His career ended within a very short period because he placed himself in self-destruct mode.

Bro you just said my mind verbatim. Gocho got carried a way and ended too early...

Please don't mention Okocha. He only got sense at the twilight of his career. He never learnt nor took hints from Clemens westerhorf in his hay days.

Thierry Henry shouldn't make the list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by ceejay80s(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:
He said 25year till date and not since beginning of football
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 31, 2019
That is why Cristiano will continue to troll his Superior rival (Lionel Messi)..

They are close in goal scoring abilities but Playmaking is the reason why Messi is better than Ronaldo!!!
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by golddeejay(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2019
Pearl05:
Where is Jay Jay Okocha.

KANU Nwankwo
Stop this Okocha hype. Baba did not set the football world on fire. He was just known for been skillful.

And Kanu best time was at Arsenal. And he is not greater than Henry, Viera, Berkamp, Pires, Anelka and other invincible.
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by kleverley(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2019
I strongly disagree,I reaffirm my stance again, I vehemently disagree. How on earth will you say messi is the best player?
The moment I saw messi on top of the list,I dropped the topic
BTW,where is my name?
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Is this "carry any team to a major trophy" also an individual trophy for Kaka?

PS: I think kaka should be in the list also. But, ur point is wavy, if I use it against ur Ronaldo now, you would shout FOUL

Every champions League title Ronaldo won, he was the difference... Messi only made a different in 2 champions League that he won.... 2006 ronaldinho, 2015 a combination of him Suarez and neymar
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by kleverley(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2019
BroadStreetBull:
Messi's ability to operate as a play maker is often underrated, understated and underappreciated.

That Is why anybody could believe that Cristiano Ronaldo is a better footballer than Lionel Messi.

Players become great just for being playmakers and creating chances.

Looking at goal statistics, Messi is the greatest goal scorer in the last 25 years.
He also makes top 2 of the greatest playmakers of the last 25 years.

Saying that Ronaldo is better than Messi is an exercise of ignorance any time any day.

but the play making is not helping in Argentina
only in a barça t-shirt the play-maker tactics work
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by tfash96(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
The real GOAT is Lionel Messi baba Thiago ẹlẹsẹ rubber

Kaka too is a bae

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Zoroaster: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2019
BroadStreetBull:

Players become great just for being playmakers and creating chances.

He also makes top 2 of the greatest playmakers of the last 25 years.

dude am telling you messi has a higher goal ratio,more assists more chances created.. He trumps ronaldo in almost every statistics

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by pafisayo(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2019
Erm’ I think every coach that ever coached in the EPL maybe 98% would take Henry over all of their strikers at his prime

Boc007:

OLIVER KHAN

MANUEL NEUER

BATISTUTA

SUKAR

ROBERTO CARLOS

SAMUEL ETO

SEEDORF

NEDVED

INZAGHI

TOTTI

STAM

DEL PIERO

KANTE grin

RAUL

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Josh44s(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2019
sholarr12:

Take it easy on yourself.

Take it easy kee u dia!

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by Zoroaster: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2019
eni4real:
That is why Cristiano will continue to troll his Superior rival (Lionel Messi)..

They are close in goal scoring abilities but Playmaking is the reason why Messi is better than Ronaldo!!!
messi is even a superior goal scorer

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years by oyedun82(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2019
There's nothing fantastic about xavi and iniesta. You people should stop this hailing. David Silva, Andrea Pirlo, even de bruyne is far ahead of this dudes. Even Fabregas, ozil all have assist than xavi and iniesta with fewer games

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Donates To Siasa, His Share Of Japanese Surgeon's Cash Gift / John Fashanu Arrested Over Land Scam / Nwankwo Kanu And Ronaldinho Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.