Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri (595 Views)

Another Erosion Disaster Hits Road To Rochas Okorocha’s Village / Joe Igbokwe Raises Alarm over Gully Erosion In His Town(pictures) / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by massmediang: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
This woman, her husband and two children have been left with no choice but to abandon their home after heavy flooding affected the foundation of her house.
The woman recently appeared in a viral video begging the state governor, Emeka Ihedioha, to come to her rescue. By then some parts of the fence of the house, including the gates were still standing. Today, the gate of the house has collapsed with the entire frontal fence, with more of the foundation of the house now exposed. She had to be forced into the street with her family.
She could no longer take the risk of staying in the house as people urged her to pack out due to the fear that the building could collapse in the middle of the night.
Her husband is living with disability and is also helpless.
The woman has cried for days but help has not arrived yet.
The house is located along Standard shoe/works/Spillbert road, Owerri Imo State.
State government officials have visited the area and taken note of the destruction. But the woman and her kids are still in trouble.
The erosion was caused by road construction done by the administration of Rochas Okorocha. During that administration, several existing damages were removed and replaced with poorly constructed ones which have collapsed under heavy flooding.
See more photos;
https://massmediang.com/woman-stranded-with-family-after-flooding-did-this-to-her-house-in-owerri/

The video below was recorded before she was forced into the street when help couldn't arrive;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgAuDF6uaw

Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by Simplyleo: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
In Owerri?

Is that not the capital city of Imo state? Is that not one of the most developed 5 states?

I thought those 5 states are comparable only with cities like Paris since the leaders of those states are the best brain both in Nigeria and abroad. angry

Pretty sure Tinubu is involved. cheesy
Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by plaindealer: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
This is erosion, not flooding.

May God help and be with her and her children.
Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by aanuoluwami14(f): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by baconline(m): 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
The building can still be recovered, a retaining wall will arrest further erosion
Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by yarimo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
And the state governor is busy witch hunting, while the people he supposed to provide good governance are suffering. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by GOFRONT(m): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nigeria my country will be 59 years in this year...

At 59, and with our Wealth and Resources, Eroded and Flooded photos of Her communities is still flying everywhere over the cyberspace...@59!!!

And someone is telling me to be Faithful, Respectful to my country??... shocked shocked shocked

If I no catch fun in making jest of this present day Nigeria, Wetin I gain??
Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by Theory2022: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
I dey c0me

Re: Woman Stranded After Flooding, Erosion Did This To Her House In Owerri by Okoroawusa: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
They built their house on water way.And it's nature at work.
This is not flood.it's erosion

(1) (Reply)

ICPC Seize Property Worth Millions From Enugu Senator / Graphic Photos & Video As Soldiers, Policemen Teargas "Revolutionnow Protesters / I’ll Be More Party Conscious In This Final Term, Says President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.