Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School (36522 Views)

FCMB Bank In Search Of Dele, Girl Who Used ATM Light To Write Her Assignment / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by magicminister: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
Sellfish:
Mtchewwww sad

Me and my niggas used to walk from Akwakuma to school at Holy Ghost College in Owerri that year.... I was 9 years old and in JS1

Persons who have stayed in Owerri, Imo State can testify the distance is more than 15km round trip...

Common two kilometres and this Op wants us to fry beans.. Nonsense undecided

Pls buy my perfectly working lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon laptop... Check my profile for details... Price crashed to 70k...money needed urgently

Bro, the fact that you had a tougher time than this girl does not mean you shouldn’t be empathetic towards her situation.

First of all, you said “me and my niggaasss”. I believe that means you didn’t Walk to school alone right?
This girl is clearly walking alone in that lonely looking road and I’m seriously concerned for her safety.

If there’s anyway we can donate to provide her parents with a bike to take her to school and bring her back, that would be awesome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by zoogy2007: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Where are the bandits?
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
boko haram will kidnapp her soon, I hear they Hate education.. Illiterate peadphiles.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by kelz991: 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
MDsambo:

Had it been she was a southerner, would she fly or swim to the school?

The statement u just made is really petty.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by omoadeleye(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
MDsambo:

Had it been she was a southerner, would she fly or swim to the school?

School bus is there
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by stasius: 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nonsense! These people actually think that 2km is far oo. Lol

Please people in Enugu, Trekking from Topland amaechi to Camp/Ogbete is how many Km?

That is what we trekked daily when we were in primary school. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by mechanics(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
She's really determined to go to school.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by denjjy(m): 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Despite the daily routine of stressful trek, I'm sure before she reach 12years of age, she will end up being married to an elderly pedophile hiding under religion teachings. I pity all the helpless girls in the North.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by bizhop01: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
Boko haram will hate this
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by ElsonMorali: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
bajeen:
Happily, someone gifted her a bicycle. Only God knows what the future holds for this determined girl.

Wow. I'm impressed. Train a man and you've trained an individual. Educate a woman and you've trained a whole nation.

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Odunolumide(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
MrBONE2:
She was inspired by Former President Ebele Jonathan grin

this ur pissure na die.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by onegig(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
unscripted:
I don't understand this ,,
I trecked from ijesha to Eric Moore for 6 year ..

How is this a great feat..

Who put this on front page ?

Honestly, i don't know who posted this to the front page. Yeah it's hardwork for an 8 year old girl given the risks and not to take anything away from her struggles but just using Google map to calculate the distance i walked daily during my schooling time was 8km to and fro . And after getting back home from school at 3pm one still had to trek another 4km to and fro for evening Islamic classes that starts by 4:30pm. So people should stop making this seem like it's a feat or extraordinary.

She needs all the help she can get but don't sensationalize things. Thousands of Nigerian kids do these daily.

3 Likes

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
MDsambo:
This girl (8 year old) on every blessed day from Monday to Friday walk 2 kilometers from her village (unguwar tofa) to her primary school in Tsafe. She has not even for once show sign of tiredness or refuse to go to school except for sickness reason

children fall off and drown everyday on makeshift bridges in the Niger delta! What about that?
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Cthaffa(f): 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
Amen
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by dangotesmummy: 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
unscripted:
I don't understand this ,,
I trecked from ijesha to Eric Moore for 6 year ..

How is this a great feat..

Who put this on front page ?
it's a great feat in the north because the north has brainwashed little girls of her age that they're born to be married.infact some of her mates have been bethroted to one old dirty pedophile.this one used determination to go to school which is rare among girls of her age grade

Her mates are busy sucking one 59 year old pedophiles phenese or cutting vegetables while she's on her way to school.why won't she be celebrated
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Cousin9999: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
2km is not far, even at that age. Just a few generations ago in America (when it was more rural), it was common for most kids to walk further than that. Just a few generations ago, even with cars in most driveways, people still walked to run errands. They only used a car for very long distances. Now, Americans are obese because they think walking to the mailbox is too much.

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by bewla(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Andersonjr:
What do u expect from a northerner
that's what the elite want u to tink

to Hite each other
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by NosaHenry(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
They have unwittingly exposed this girl to those randing Abokis. Hope she continue to be safe.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Uvuru: 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
Very true bro!! Amakohia boys/Akwakuma Boys that year. After school we will still trek another 3km to Ikenegbu for extra classes before trekking 5km back home. �

Sellfish:
Mtchewwww sad

Me and my niggas used to walk from Akwakuma to school at Holy Ghost College in Owerri that year.... I was 9 years old and in JS1

Persons who have stayed in Owerri, Imo State can testify the distance is more than 15km round trip...

Pls buy my perfectly working lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon laptop... Check my profile for details... Price crashed to 70k...money needed urgently
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by MDsambo: 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=vineyardfarms post=80781242][/quote]

I'll try to reach to them. I'll jst let you know when I do that
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by anuma1(m): 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Recta
Sellfish:
Mtchewwww sad

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by noziz(m): 6:33am On Jul 31, 2019
Pls what is 2km in minutes? Pls someone should do d conversion
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by aristocratic5(m): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2019
Wetin concern me
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by RolexOfGeneva(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2019
What is 2 Km? At where I work, Students walk farther distances.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by RolexOfGeneva(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2019
Cousin9999:
2km is not far, even at that age. Just a few generations ago in America (when it was more rural), it was common for most kids to walk further than that. Just a few generations ago, even with cars in most driveways, people still walked to run errands. They only used a car for very long distances. Now, Americans are obese because they think walking to the mailbox is too much.
farther than that
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by RolexOfGeneva(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
noziz:
Pls what is 2km in minutes? Pls someone should do d conversion
That is a time of about 30 minutes assuming an average velocity of 4km/hr since our subject is just a child.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Debby15(f): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Originalsly:

Soooo love this your response!...I.know he'll pretend he didn't read it.
@ topic.... I was watching a documentary on why Kenyans dominate the marathons.... even though foreigners troop in to their camps for extensive training ... but are never successful. They say it takes like 10 years ... foreigners arrive at age 16.... Kenyan children been trekking serious distances to and from school daily. By the time they enter the camp at age 16... they already got 10 years under the belt.
Maybe instead of bicycle.... this girl should continue her trekking ...maybe our greatest athlete in the making. They should try her out in athletics... see what raw talent she has in long distance races.Just saying.
Good Afternoon.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Originalsly: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
Debby15:

Good Afternoon.

Good afternoon to you my dear!
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School by Debby15(f): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2019
Originalsly:

Good afternoon to you my dear!
Long time. What's up? I am now pursuing that screenplay stuff fully now. Can you please send me a private message?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Jump Over Gate To Vacate Premises After Shutdown / How I Landed A World Scholarship With A 3.8 C.G.P.A / What Is The Total Weights Of The Animals In This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.