Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,429 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

'I Needed A New Challenge' - Ronaldo Shows The Reason He Left Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Needed A New Challenge' - Ronaldo Shows The Reason He Left Madrid (459 Views)

C. Ronaldo Shows Off His Trophies, Lists His Achievements And Records In 2019 / Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Off CR7 Boots After 600th Career Goal (Photos) / C. Ronaldo Shows Off £1.85million Watch Made With 424 Glistening White Diamonds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Needed A New Challenge' - Ronaldo Shows The Reason He Left Madrid by obembet(f): 7:56am On Jul 31, 2019
The honours just keep coming for Cristiano Ronaldo and the Portuguese was named the latest winner of the MARCA Legend award on Monday in Madrid.

Returning to the Spanish capital, Cristiano seemed at home and at ease as he received the trophy.

Taking the time to speak to MARCA, the Portuguese discussed all things about Real Madrid and more.

You've won virtually everything in your career. Do you feel satisfied with what you've achieved?

I changed last year by leaving Madrid. I needed more motivation after winning what I won. I needed a change to express myself as a footballer because I think I still have a lot to offer. I still feel motivated and I like what I do, but of course what I like most is winning titles. Last year, we won three: the league title, the Supercoppa Italiana and the Nations League with Portugal.

Have you missed Madrid?

I spent nine years living there and a big part of my story is Madrid, not just talking about football, but about life in general. My children, Cristianito, I met my girl there. There are so many stories that can't be erased. It's a city that I love and will always come to and I don't rule out living here again one day.

You said you'd play until you're 40. Do you still think this way? How do you feel?

I'm not worried in that regard and it'll depend on how I feel, on my motivation, because physically it won't be a problem. You have to treat yourself well, but I don't think that's the most important factor. Cristiano won't last a lifetime, but I still feel strong and want to keep winning.

Who do you miss the most in Madrid? Marcelo?

Marcelo is very happy here. I got on very well with him and we speak a lot, the same with Casemiro, with Pepe, with Fabio Coentrao. I got along well with everyone, but Marcelo is lively and I miss him.

Do you see yourself living in Madrid one day?

Sure. As I said before, it's a city we all love and I don't rule it out. But now I'm focused on Italy and Juventus where we're all very happy. But you never know. We had beautiful times in this city and of course I could return to live. We'll see.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowp89aD9A8

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

1 Like

Re: 'I Needed A New Challenge' - Ronaldo Shows The Reason He Left Madrid by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
You can quote me on this one:You just have to salute the winning mentality of Critiano RONALDO, everytime you hear him speak he is always talking about winning things. The guy is simply INCREDIBLE. Anyone who wants to win must develop a winning or forget about success. Btw obembet my feelings for you have not changed one bit

1 Like

Re: 'I Needed A New Challenge' - Ronaldo Shows The Reason He Left Madrid by obembet(f): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: 'I Needed A New Challenge' - Ronaldo Shows The Reason He Left Madrid by pstnicodemus(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
when you overstay sometimes, you loose importance. Good thing he took up another challenge. And to be honest, Madrid is the most disrespectful club in the world. Only few of their players leave under good circumstances. They treat their legends with so much disrespect. Casillas, now Cristiano?
After 10 years, Man United still celebrates Ronaldo, not to talk of other legends or icons. I was disappointed hearing what the likes of Ramos and Isco said about Cristiano. Unlike Barcelona, Messi is the greatest player in their history yet you see them celebrating the likes of Daniel Alves, David Villa, Puyol, Ronaldinho, i no even wan mention Xavi and Iniesta.
I support Madrid no mean say i no go talk am as e be.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Inspection Team To Assess Onikan Stadium, For World Cup / Juve Eye Three Top Manchester United Players / Just In: Everton Motivate Super Eagles Ahead Of Ukraine Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.