Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. (388 Views)

Soldiers And Gunmen Clash In Mangu Plateau, Many Feared Killed / Peter Obi Celebrates His 62nd Birthday In IDP Camps In Mangu, Plateau State / Obidients Million March In Mangu, Plateau State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. by thesolutions(m): 8:37am On Jul 31, 2019
My fellow Nairalanders, I finally received my first order from Aliexpress through the post office in my current local government of residence, Mangu Post Office, Plateau State.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have imagined or believe that post offices in Nigeria are working until I had this transaction with them.

I decided to buy a few things from Aliexpress that won't get me worried should they miss in transit to see if my goods can be delivered to me or if I can get it. The items arrived and I impressed that the post office called me not too long after I received the notification on my phone, although, I was expecting it to be dropped at the address I provided.

The state of the post office was nothing you would expect of facility that provides postal services.

Yes, I did ask the post master some questions about why the post office is left to dilapidate to that extent. He informed me that they have done everything they could and the comptroller or what ever the man in charge of post office activities in Abuja had come and witnessed their plea for renovation but nothing has been done still.

No doors, windows, ceiling and roofs ripped off, flooded with water and they had to break the wall to make for the water to flow through and outside, Over grown grasses and swampy enough to make you want to go back and get a rain boot and rain coat to be able to overcome the fear of possible dangerous reptile or scorpion lurking around.

I was angry seeing that our political class left institutions that gathers the revenue they squander daily were left to Roth.

But Abuja will be kept beautiful to deceive foreigners who chose to stay in big cities not knowing that Nigeria is an eyesore.

Well, I know this place is not the worst. Please share your experiences.

Re: The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. by thesolutions(m): 8:38am On Jul 31, 2019
My phone isn't that good with pictures
Re: The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. by Mynd44: 9:18am On Jul 31, 2019
This isn't functional.
Re: The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. by thesolutions(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2019
Mynd44:
This isn't functional.
That was what I thought.
I have attached evidence of what I went there to collect.

You can make government to investigate by pushing this up.

Re: The Sorry State Of A Functional Post Office In Mangu, Plateau State. by thesolutions(m): 10:18am On Jul 31, 2019
Protecting a problem won't get it solved. I just exposed one but people are protecting it from reaching the channels that can solve it.
I'm not a staff nor a civil servant.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola To Head Ministry Of Agriculture / Obaseki Inspects 725ha Maize Farm Project / Sowore Talks Tough From Detention, Demands Immediate Release Of All Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.