Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (123961 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Omotoyosi24(f): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please what’s the update on Cima certificate and Wes evaluation? Can you get a successful evaluation without the certificate?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by khattab008: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
Omotoyosi24:
Hello everyone,
Please what’s the update on Cima certificate and Wes evaluation? Can you get a successful evaluation without the certificate?

From the update on my profile seems like CIMA sent only transcripts to WES, unfortunately my undergraduate transcript sent to WES hasn't been acknowledged yet so my evaluation is currently on hold.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Omotoyosi24(f): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2020
khattab008:

From the update on my profile seems like CIMA sent only transcripts to WES, unfortunately my undergraduate transcript sent to WES hasn't been acknowledged yet so my evaluation is currently on hold.
Oh sorry about that. I’m sure they are going to give u an update soon.
I evaluated my undergrad degree earlier this year. I just don’t know if they are going to go on with my evaluation without my certificate. Cima already sent my transcript and letter of good standing.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by khattab008: 4:38am On Oct 02, 2020
Omotoyosi24:

Oh sorry about that. I’m sure they are going to give u an update soon.
I evaluated my undergrad degree earlier this year. I just don’t know if they are going to go on with my evaluation without my certificate. Cima already sent my transcript and letter of good standing.

They would and it'll mostly likely be evaluated as a one year certificate course (the letter of good standing would be considered in place of the certificate).
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Omotoyosi24(f): 6:15am On Oct 02, 2020
khattab008:

They would and it'll mostly likely be evaluated as a one year certificate course (the letter of good standing would be considered in place of the certificate).

Okay thanks
I just got an update from Wes, they are going ahead with my evaluation and it will be ready by the end of the month. I pray I get a successful evaluation.
Thanks for responding

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Agbeni33: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2020
aykevictor789:
Hello. Any update on this please?

WES used LOG in place of certificate. And some people have gotten positive evaluation regarding that. Again, CIMA said they recently got back to their office, that certificate as been forwarded to Lagos office last week. The customer service agent said the certificate sent were those who completed their exam February/ March . The agent also said Lagos office will contact students from next coming weeks for the collection of thier certificate.

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Agbeni33: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=doxame post=93868359]House please I need your take on this.
As usual, I filled United kingdom on WES as country of Education. On my application on express entry profile, I filled Nigeria as country of Study coz I studied in Nigeria.
Hope this is not a mismatch. Thank u
[/quote

Hello... please any update on this?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by doxame: 4:53am On Oct 13, 2020
Yeah, u are to fill Nigeria as country of Study on Express entry profile

[quote author=Agbeni33 post=94722485][/quote]
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by doxame: 6:38am On Oct 13, 2020
Hello house, for someone who registered for CIMA in November, and wrote exams in December. What start date and end date should be used on Express entry profile. Please note I started personal study from January (i.e before my registration date).
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ThugAccountant: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
Iphee12:
Hi guys.. I've been trying to schedule my exams but, it keeps declining my MasterCard. I've tried about 3 different cards now, same result. Is there anything I'm not doing right. Please assist me.
Thanks
Hi Iphee, I am having this same issue how did you resolve yours?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by NIKEDEEDS(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2020
Try GTB MasterCard..

I paid yesterday with their card.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2020
Hello everyone. Just thought to put this out here. I obtained the CIMA certificate by taking only the last paper which is Strategic Case Study and claimed all other exemptions. WES report came out and it's equivalent to a bachelors 4 years degree.

Having gone through this thread and seeing comments like that route doesn't give a favorable evaluation isn't the case. So for clarity sake and those yet to start the process, if you are eligible for this route and can afford the money, why not try it out rather than writing BA 1-4 and save your time.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Iphee12(f): 8:31am On Oct 14, 2020
I had to go the bank to activate my MasterCard for international transactions... tried it again and it worked.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ThugAccountant: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
Thanks @iphee12 and nikedeeds
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ThugAccountant: 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
Femsquared:
Hello everyone. Just thought to put this out here. I obtained the CIMA certificate by taking only the last paper which is Strategic Case Study and claimed all other exemptions. WES report came out and it's equivalent to a bachelors 4 years degree.

Having gone through this thread and seeing comments like that route doesn't give a favorable evaluation isn't the case. So for clarity sake and those yet to start the process, if you are eligible for this route and can afford the money, why not try it out rather than writing BA 1-4 and save your time.

Cheers!
This path only works for those with 5 years relevant experience right? considering you need to have 5 years experience if you want to take advantage of the ICAN - CIMA conversion pathway.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2020
No sir. The years of experience doesn't matter and as a matter of fact, I went through an academic route and not ICAN route.
ThugAccountant:
This path only works for those with 5 years relevant experience right? considering you need to have 5 years experience if you want to take advantage of the ICAN - CIMA conversion pathway.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by NIKEDEEDS(m): 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2020
I'm scheduled to write tomorrow morning online..

Hope my NIN slip will be accepted
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ThugAccountant: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2020
Femsquared:
No sir. The years of experience doesn't matter and as a matter of fact, I went through an academic route and not ICAN route.
Oh. Answers the question then.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by grace789: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hello Everyone.

It seems most of the contributors on this thread are mostly accountants so I need your advice please.

I am an Engineering graduate who is looking to add another certificate to achieve '2 or more certificates' for PR. It seems ACCA, CIMA and BCS are the relatively faster opportunities that abound. I'm torn between ACCA and CIMA because I want to do something that will be useful in the long run towards future educational development. I plan to do a masters in Engineering Management and an MBA later on.

I have read this thread from page 1 and I understand how CIMA works but I'll like to understand how ACCA works. I know that I have to start from the fundamentals/foundation for both professional exams but I don't know which is more useful for someone just starting in these accounting qualifications.

If I do CIMA (which is faster but seems streamlined), are there exemptions if I decide to do ACCA (which seems broader in terms of job search)?

What ACCA levels qualify for 1 year diploma/degree when verified by WES?

Please help!!!
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by NIKEDEEDS(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
NIKEDEEDS:
I'm scheduled to write tomorrow morning online..

Hope my NIN slip will be accepted

I finally wrote my first paper today

Using my voter's card as means of identification
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ruby99999: 7:53am On Oct 17, 2020
Femsquared:

Please are you sure about this ? If yes, can you share more detail on how you went about it, thanks.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ruby99999: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2020
Femsquared:

Cheers!

Please I have been kind of confused as I heard it was not possible so what I did was to wait and do a proper due diligence and research on this, are you sure I can go and do the strategic case study with the exemptions gotten and be able to tick two or more certificates on WES. Thank you
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2020
So I heard initially, however I went ahead with the evaluation and already in the pool using two or more certificates. I also know of someone who wrote only one paper in the second level which is the management case study, sent to WES and it was evaluated as a 3 years bachelor degree. My only advise if you're to use this route is to ensure you apply as a member after passing your exam and also get your certificates. If not still convinced, you can as well go the BA1-4 route. I hope this answers your question.
Ruby99999:

Please I have been kind of confused as I heard it was not possible so what I did was to wait and do a proper due diligence and research on this, are you sure I can go and do the strategic case study with the exemptions gotten and be able to tick two or more certificates on WES. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by doxame: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2020
If I may ask, please what start date and end date would you use for your CIMA qualification on the Express entry profile. Especially since the date of your registration till exam date is not up to a year. Thank you
Femsquared:

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2020
For the start date, I made use of the date I registered and for the end date, I used the date on my certificate. And for the field requiring you to put in the number of years,
put as it is on your WES report which will be one year for you. Hope this helps.
doxame:
If I may ask, please what start date and end date would you use for your CIMA qualification on the Express entry profile. Especially since the date of your registration till exam date is not up to a year. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ruby99999: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2020
Femsquared:
So I heard initially, however I went ahead with the evaluation and already in the pool using two or more certificates. I also know of someone who wrote only one paper in the second level which is the management case study, sent to WES and it was evaluated as a 3 years bachelor degree. My only advise if you're to use this route is to ensure you apply as a member after passing your exam and also get your certificates. If not still convinced, you can as well go the BA1-4 route. I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for your response. What I would like to ask now is how many years degree was it recognised as ? Thanks
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
The Canadian equivalency was a 4 years Bachelors degree.
Ruby99999:

Thank you for your response. What I would like to ask now is how many years degree was it recognised as ? Thanks
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ruby99999: 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2020
Femsquared:

Okay, thanks
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Ruby99999: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2020
Femsquared:

Please when did this show for you recently ?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
Sorry I don't seem to get your question right. Kindly rephrase
Ruby99999:

Please when did this show for you recently ?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by hamoa59: 8:44am On Oct 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

I need your guidance regarding CIMA evaluation from WES. I am quite stressed out and would appreciate your guidance.

So I got exemptions from the BA1 to BA4 Certificate courses from CIMA and sent my transcript to WES for evaluation along with my bachelor degree documents. WES evaluated the CIMA transcript as 1 year of undergraduate study but NOT equivalent to any completed qualification.

Now, I requested CIMA to remove some of my exemptions so I could get the physical certificate and send it again to WES. They have removed my BA1 and BA2 exemptions and I am planning to sit for these 2 exams. My question is that will passing the 2 exams and having exemptions for the other 2 will be evaluated as a complete qualification by WES or not? Also will it be possible to update my evaluation report from WES that I have received already by sending them the new transcript along with the Certificate from CIMA.

Please guide me in this regard. Lots of thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.