Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) (48236 Views)

Policeman Caught On Camera Asking For Bribe From A Spaniard On A World Tour / PHOTOS: Nigerian Police Officers Caught On Camera Taking Bribe / Policeman Caught Having Sex With His Stepdaughter In Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Lawalemi(m): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
Normal thing. Even IG knows
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by seguntijan(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
HeWrites:
A police officer has appeared in selection of photographs demanding and collecting bribe from a motorist at Igboelerin along Lasu-Ojo Expressway, Lagos.

An eyewitness sent the photographs to The Punch saying the incident was a usual occurrence on the route.

The source said the police officers usually demand N50 or N100 from commercial bus drivers.

He said that drivers who delay in cooperating with the officers have their car keys seized, delaying mostly students of Lagos State University (LASU).

Lagos police spokesman, Bala Elkana, has not made an official statement on the incident.

https://foxmeek.com/crime/metro/policeman-caught-on-camera-taking-bribe-in-lagos-photos

I wish we can loud it, upload it on PCCRU IG page, and copy IGP
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by shunshun: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lmao bush meat don catch the hurt
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by TeeSha(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
The person who snapped the photo used a spyglass.....and guess what? I sell it. Capture photos or videos covertly with the device. Check my signature
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
Alleged felony :pdp lambastes apc for calling for atiku arrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWuQlzlHiEs
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by frozen70(f): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2019
This one done enter one chance
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by shegra58: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2019
ChemBrodar:
angry

Na photoshoot?

Just wondering how the camera take clean reach that level...
No be everybody dey use your type of phone grin
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by pseudonomer: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
Officialgarri:
This happens at every police checkpoint and this post will not make it stop.
Infact, if it's a long journey vehicle with passengers, your fee is #200 and if it's Belgium, then it's at least #500.

Now, I will tell you why these guys should be appreciated instead of hoping that they lose their job.....

1. These guys are only doing drivers a favor by charging them. Normally a vehicle without a passenger permit MUST not convey passengers. The vehicle ought to be towed to the station and you will face charges.

2. Many drivers do not have complete particulars, but instead of putting them through stress of impounding the vehicle, they simply bill #50

3. These guys are human and na where person dey work e go chop.

So imagine you are traveling for an interview and the police insists on impounding your vehicle Instead of taking that bribe.......... You will realize that police has always been your friend

If you think you are smart and all your car documents are complete as it should, no police will force you to pay.

But it is very difficult to have complete papers, hence, pay a little fee and go your way

Infact, some will ask politely, cos the DPO expects a returns of about 7k per week.

This is basis of Corruption in Nigeria... Why not follow the rules, is there any sanity in this country?
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
emmnprince:

You think say na everybody dey use d kine palasa fone wey u get! Upgrade!

Mumu.. Na your papa buy the palasa for me?

Abi I con beg your papa for money before.. Swerve.

We know your type
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
shegra58:
No be everybody dey use your type of phone grin

K.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lol commercial buses paying taxes grin
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Gibar(f): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
But this is their lifestyle na, no be new thing, even Buhari knows about it mbok. grin
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by IMASTEX: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
delugajackson:
That's the only thing they know. You can successfully convey firearms and hard drugs without questioning or interrogation.

All you need to do is squeeze N50 into their hands and you're good to go.
This shouldn't be a news or a thing of concern anymore. It is the core training in their academy.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by superlanny(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
Officialgarri:

If you are really a lady, I won't be surprised because most ladies have no sense of reasoning. Comprehension is a big problem.
And if at all you are a guy, then you are a disgrace to the male gender cos you lack understanding.

So of all I wrote, you still count #50 as extortion instead of facing court charges or paying charges of up to #50k. Do you not have sense at all?
If all your documents are complete, will you be forced to pay a bribe?

On a second thought, I believe you are a child who only rely on what you see online or what people say rather than see things in reality
you are the one who lacks reasoning, your talking about 50naira, impounding vehicles or paying a huge fine, me am talking about bribe in whole, a policeman should never take bribe, other wise lot of things will be compromised, imagine if that bus had explosives or something eles, it will pass tru cus of 50naira, whereas its not only danfo that is their victim, any legal hardworking youth is not safe, driving or walking you will be harassed. The police of today is not your friend, they say bail is free, only in fairytales, abeg make i no talk too much, i hope you see reason. At least i know most of car owners they harass have legit paper, so why collect money from them, when the police become the court, jury and executioner.
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Weathered: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2019
Officialgarri:
Infact, if it's a long journey vehicle with passengers, your fee is #200 and if it's Belgium, then it's at least #500.

Now, I will tell you why these guys should be appreciated instead of hoping that they lose their job.....

1. These guys are only doing drivers a favor by charging them. Normally a vehicle without a passenger permit MUST not convey passengers. The vehicle ought to be towed to the station and you will face charges.

2. Many drivers do not have complete particulars, but instead of putting them through stress of impounding the vehicle, they simply bill #50

So imagine you are traveling for an interview and the police insists on impounding your vehicle Instead of taking that bribe.......... You will realize that police has always been your friend

If you think you are smart and all your car documents are complete as it should, no police will force you to pay.

But it is very difficult to have complete papers, hence, pay a little fee and go your way

Infact, some will ask politely, cos the DPO expects a returns of about 7k per week.

wasted generation!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by qleap2all(m): 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2019
Officialgarri:

Your thinking really shows #Corruption has eaten deep in this nation!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2019
you people wicked ohh,and you con put camera for him face like that,i imagine how he will react now after seeing this.
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by gideonvalor98(m): 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2019
Most policemen are guilty of this, I wonder after they increased their salary , they still not satisfied
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by maasoap(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
flowx:

Your head is paining you!

because you're using China phone everybody should also be using it too?

You seriously need brain reset!

China phones get different levels, hope you know that
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Xcelinteriors(f): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
flowx:

You're one of the problem of this country

See stupid and senseless comment from you.

And nobody will buy that your window blind here

Better go and sell it in a country where they lack senses like yours.

Idiot!
You are fool, a very big fool. Is this the first time a policeman will be caught on camera collecting bribe? It has been happening and the government are not doing anything about it. In a sane country, that man will be fired and jailed but in Nigeria nothing will happen. Don't you ever mention me again you slowpoke and my goods are not for fool like you. My client are very intelligent and adorable people. Get the hell out of here anuohia

I just checked your profile, I can see why you don't have manners
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Acedave1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
haha, the last time i heard was that naija police officers has repent and they've taken them all to river jordan to baptise them

maybe that's broda shaggy
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by berrystunn(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
delugajackson:
That's the only thing they know. You can successfully convey firearms and hard drugs without questioning, interrogation or thorough searching.

All you need to do is squeeze N50 into their hands and you're good to go.

Why not try and see for your self
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by BANGERLEE1(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2019
HeWrites:
A police officer has appeared in selection of photographs demanding and collecting bribe from a motorist at Igboelerin along Lasu-Ojo Expressway, Lagos.

An eyewitness sent the photographs to The Punch saying the incident was a usual occurrence on the route.

The source said the police officers usually demand N50 or N100 from commercial bus drivers.

He said that drivers who delay in cooperating with the officers have their car keys seized, delaying mostly students of Lagos State University (LASU).

Lagos police spokesman, Bala Elkana, has not made an official statement on the incident.

https://foxmeek.com/crime/metro/policeman-caught-on-camera-taking-bribe-in-lagos-photos

I’m not sure what your aim is with this , but this is not a problem anymore in our society no more . So pls capture trending matters and leave the bones for the dogs . � he has to eat .
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by BANGERLEE1(m): 12:03am On Aug 01, 2019
qleap2all:

Your thinking really shows #Corruption has eaten deep in this nation!
hmm ... well to correct u sir his thinking � Shows who’s dumb and who not .
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by flowx(m): 5:15am On Aug 01, 2019
Xcelinteriors:

You are fool, a very big fool. Is this the first time a policeman will be caught on camera collecting bribe? It has been happening and the government are not doing anything about it. In a sane country, that man will be fired and jailed but in Nigeria nothing will happen. Don't you ever mention me again you slowpoke and my goods are not for fool like you. My client are very intelligent and adorable people. Get the hell out of here anuohia

I just checked your profile, I can see why you don't have manners

Chai!

Igbo Amaka...

Where is my thunder?

Anyway, you're very fortunate because today is the beginning of new month.

...thunder, you can go back to your station. You know we doing strike at the beginning of a month like this...
�����️
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by karl001(m): 6:42am On Aug 01, 2019
Really Awesome. such a helpful to get started for beginners. Easy to understand and learnt lots of things. Thanks for this post sharing. Wendys Survey
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by grandstar(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2019
Kingosytex:
"Bribery and extortion" that is what they know how to do best.

The police once planted "igbo" in my guy's pocket in their attempt to nail and extort him but they weren't smart because some on lookers saw the act and raised an alarm and immediately the bribe-seeking officers jumped into their Hilux and sped away.

The NPF is a big disgrace. in fact, the are a greater threat to Nigerians than the real criminals

The Nigerian poluce force has been ranked second in Africa after that of the DRC. Third place is Kenya
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by nurez305(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2019
Officialgarri:

the most useless comment on nairaland as at today
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by urahara(m): 11:51am On Aug 01, 2019
grandstar:

The Nigerian poluce force has been ranked second in Africa after that of the DRC. Third place is Kenya

Second worst right
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by grandstar(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
urahara:

Second worst right

Yes, the 2nd worst.
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by OLOYEDERICK(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
Normal Level
Re: Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe In Lagos (photos) by Xcelinteriors(f): 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
flowx:

You're one of the problem of this country

See stupid and senseless comment from you.

And nobody will buy that your window blind here

Better go and sell it in a country where they lack senses like yours.

Idiot!
Fool ewu gambia. Miserable idiotic îmbecile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

39 Suspected Yahoo Boys Arrested In Hideouts In Osun And Ogun (Photo) / Ritualists Severe Girl's Head In Kwara, Sell Hands For ₦20,000 (Graphic Photo) / 30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.