Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others (49037 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Wins Ondo South Senatorial Seat / Nigeria, Three Others Top World Bank Debtors’ List / States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by DameB(f): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2019
Truth234:

They are usually not with better security because of their position, yet AMCON acquired those bad debts hoping they could use gov position to force them to pay or go after their properties. 10 years down the line, no one is paying after several efforts.

Osinbajo constituted a task force on Tuesday to go after them, hence, why they released their names today. I wrote about it here:

https://investorsking.com/fg-setup-task-force-to-go-after-amcon-debtors/

Let see if it will work.
I doubt it. These people will only come up with excuses

1 Like

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Truth234(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
Anambralstson:

AMCON is being economical with real debtors, why chronic debtor like Adenuga missing in their list.

Globacom worth more than $2 billion and they are going after top 20 first according to the meeting the had on Tuesday.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Mrhonesty: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2019
GenghisAlexa1:
Look at all this bil'loan'aires.
You are creative, na only money u never get.

1 Like

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Chukapage(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
MobilityExpress:
So Ifeanyin Ubah is owing N116 billion shocked, later some people will be shouting billionaire. N116 billion that Tinubu is making per month in Southwest grin It's people like Tinubu that are the real billionaires. Even Atiku money is coins where Tinubu dey.
for the fact you are comparing Ifeanyi Ubah to Tinubu shows how little you think of Tinubu the corrupt old money.see wetin tribalism do you..
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
Interestingly, hardly any northerner in the list; mainly southerners - this says a lot about those strangling our economy.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Nigga44: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
Ifeanyi Uba's networth is 61 billion while he is owing 116 billion. That is the Nigerian billionaire for you grin grin

I never knew this case is still on after more than 10 years.

The lesson here is that we young Nigerians should learn not to be intimidated when we come across most of these billionaires. In our dear country, many of the rich men we see and admire are actually living way above their means.

3 Likes

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Solsix(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
naptu2:

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-ifeanyi-ubah-jimoh-ibrahim-kashamu-20-amcon-biggest-debts
And this Ifeanyi ubah want to contest for governor in Anambra. God bid!!! Somebody should pls help with the meme of that man spit hot
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by akdjr(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
See wetin people owe and my heart keep beating faster cos of the 30k i owe paylater.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by InvertedHammer: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
Three things when requesting loan facilities from a bank:

1. They believe it is a gentlemen's agreement.

OR

2. They look for ways to screw you

OR

3. They suspect you are out to screw them.

in all, these outcomes are factored in their risk management. Cry not for the bank. They can always take solace in the funds of little players
and fractional reserve banking.

/
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by OKEMKPI: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
MobilityExpress:
So Ifeanyin Ubah is owing N116 billion shocked, later some people will be shouting billionaire. N116 billion that Tinubu is making per month in Southwest grin It's people like Tinubu that are the real billionaires. Even Atiku money is coins where Tinubu dey.
Some illiterates from anambra are already singing his praises and anointed him as the next governor of the state.
He will definitely use the state funds to pay off his debts if he succeed
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by otokx(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2019
The list is incomplete.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by dfrost: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
Solsix:

And this Ifeanyi ubah want to contest for governor in Anambra. God bid!!! Somebody should pls help with the meme of that man spit hot

2 Likes

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by 27Pushing30: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2019
Our southerners are the biggest debtors ? Lol which way?
Northerners and access to govt funds

1 Like

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by NASTYNASOSO: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2019
HMMMMMMMM

HOW COMES THERE'S NO HAUSA FULANI REP IN THIS LIST
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by naptu2: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
otokx:
The list is incomplete.

They only listed the 20 biggest debtors who owe 67% of all AMCON debts. There are more debtors.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by themanderon: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
If Nigeria was a functional country the government would have moved in to take over their properties and raise at least some parts of the debt but unfortunately everything is all about padi padi.
Imagine the garage of exotic vehicles seized from indebted wealthy people in Dubai that someone showed the other day. That's a functional country. Here you will be owing billions and still be throwing your weight around. Rubbish.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by princeade86(m): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
Flier:
From various commercial bank but since the money belong to you and I,federal government set up AMCON to buy the debt from bank to stop them from folding up suddenly so you and I won’t have problem getting our money back from bank
Federal government sometimes prosecute the bank officials that lend out the money and sell the bank to new investors
thanks so much for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by otokx(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
naptu2:

They only listed the 20 biggest debtors who owe 67% of all AMCON debts. There are more debtors.

It is still incomplete.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by otokx(m): 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
NASTYNASOSO:
HMMMMMMMM

HOW COMES THERE'S NO HAUSA FULANI REP IN THIS LIST

Please say it again

1 Like

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by movetoca: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
Tamasaba:
Nawa o. They should give me 700billion naira loan...when I die they can come get d balance wey I go chop remain. This one na life pension not debt
I totally support you my guy.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Techsunny: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
Trulie:

Cmon bro. Why compare N116bn debt to N1bn?
Zoo is wasting time, they can't get shi shi from ifeanyi ubah, they guy go chop money dey go ok
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Techsunny: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
27Pushing30:
Our southerners are the biggest debtors ? Lol which way?
Northerners and access to govt funds
They squabder niger delta oil money
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by GenghisAlexa1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Mrhonesty:
You are creative, na only money u never get.

Lol.....

And If we check am, I fit get money pass you oo....
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by leviaka: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
No single northerner in this list, I dey laugh our mumu for south never do
NORTHERNERS should thank their God
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by tundeontop: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
So no Hausa man is owing? Maybe they're better businessmen..
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Afamsi: 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
mekaboy:
And they want him as governor? God forbid that Anambra will fall in the hands of such people.
Thank God breez don blow, fowl nyash don open.
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Chukazu: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2019
And Osibanjo's company has been defrauding Federal government of tax revenue ?

Who dey deceive who?
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by alujonjonkijon: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2019
these debts are secured and collateralize and documented .a loan contract is a civil contract and if breached ,you sue for breach of contract and not go to aso rock to lament that the civil processes in court will not help the recovery of the loan.

why do we spend so money in documenting a contract only to have to run to ASO ROCK TO RECOVER THEM.

A BILLION TASKFORCE CANNOT FORCE THE DEBTORS TO DO ANYTHING THAT IS OUTSIDE THE CONTRACT OF LOAN THE DEBTORS SIGN.

BABALAKIN HAS BEEN HELD AND DETAINED BEFORE ON ACCOUNT OF LOANS,WHY HAVE THEY NOT RECOVER THE MONEYS FROM HIM AND THE MAN WAS EVEN REWARDED WITH CHAIRMANSHIP OF UNILAG COUNCIL.

when will this mediocrity stopped.yorubas obas just accepted cctv and drones will solve security problems when there is no electricity to pwer the cctv and when the is no road to retrieve a drone shot down or malfunction with all the information gathered intact .when will this mediocrity stopped
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by dabossman(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2019
majamajic:
debt is very big part of business

Yes, but why don't they extend loans to SME's in the past? Are these pseudo-billionaires the only business people in Nigeria?
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Ugosample(m): 10:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Chukapage:
for the fact you are comparing Ifeanyi Ubah to Tinubu shows how little you think of Tinubu the corrupt old money.see wetin tribalism do you..

And tho fact that he is comparing a criminal like Atiku to Tinubu is even more amusing

the level of embezzlement Atiku did

Tinubu can never see such money

Atiku remains one of Nigeria biggest cronies
Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by cnonyechi(f): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2019
Asour:

Most likely nothing would be done to them.

The most damage to them (personally) has already been done by including them on this (public)list.
This hampers their reputation in the business community (including internationally) as well as their creditworthiness.

Barring those with special loan convenants, everybody on this list is acting as an agent(director) of a Limited liability company [Distinct from themselves] and as such there exists a limit to their responsibility for the firms liability.

Typically, this limit is their Shareholding with represents assets in the firm. So creditors get to claim the assets of the firm OR the firm itself and realize (sell) these assets OR run the companies as SHARHOLDERS in ways that assures them of getting their loans back.

In the extreme situation where a specific loan convenant binds a promoter [as personally liable] his personal assets could also be realized to meet these liabilities.

Beyond these the Courts may also call for the "veil of Incorporation" to be lifted on these firms for these guys to stand personally/individually liable as though they borrowed the monies for their personal use.

These guys are RISK takers though. I don't know about their prudence.

Some of the debts will never be recovered. The company I worked with is listed here and with my boss' name and it doesn't exist again I wonder how d govt plans on recovering the debts.

1 Like

Re: 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others by Asour: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2019
cnonyechi:

Some of the debts will never be recovered. The company I worked with is listed here and with my boss' name and it doesn't exist again I wonder how d govt plans on recovering the debts.

It don't exist because it has been liquidated.

Liquidation means winding up.

Winding up involves SALES of the few (if any) valuable assets for what they are worth.

They are almost no closed down business that you can't realize anything from.

So the sales proceeds are used to settle creditors in a legally prescribed order of preferences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday / Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / Anambra: Ogidi Police Station Attacked By Unknown Gunmen - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.