Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

M.eng Or M. Ed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / M.eng Or M. Ed (521 Views)

I Need Help, HND Top Up Program To B.eng Or HND Plus Pgd? / Nairalander Bags M.eng With 5.0 CGPA. / UNILAG POSTGRADUATE (UNILAG MS.c, LLM, M.Ed, MBA, PGD) PROG DURATION & FEE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.eng Or M. Ed by Nigerianjamesbo: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
Please nairalanders i do need your advice on this. I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering but have been in the Teaching Profession since my service year. I have about 5years teaching experience in Mathematics and also have a Post Graduate Degree in Education. I am currently a registered teacher with TRCN.
Now i want to go for my masters degree but i am kinda confused. Do i go back to Engineering as that is what i studied at first degree level?. It will be important to note that i have no practical experience in the field of engineering. Or do i continue with Education since i am already in the teaching profession.
Do i study M.Ed Maths or M. Tech Edu. (Elect/Elect) or M. Eng
Re: M.eng Or M. Ed by fergie001: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
1. I doubt if any Nigerian University will let you run a Masters programme in Mathematics without a first degree in same course. You can only do that through a PGD.

2. You don't need practical experience to run a PG programme in same course, at least in Nigeria. I was in your shoes as well before embarking on my programme in EEE, all you need do is prep up to acquaint yourself with the EEE you have replaced with Mathematics.

3. Unless you have time on your side, I will advise a MSc in your primary course of study. You will gain more in everything, also you have an advantage of still using teaching as side-hustle; cos with TRCN, you are qualified (in a Private School).

PS: We all make same mistakes, even in my UG certificate..the mistake is still there...
It is Electrical/Electronic (no s) Engineering....

God grant you grace & wisdom bro
Re: M.eng Or M. Ed by Nigerianjamesbo: 12:26am On Aug 01, 2019
fergie001:
1. I doubt if any Nigerian University will let you run a Masters programme in Mathematics without a first degree in same course. You can only do that through a PGD.

2. You don't need practical experience to run a PG programme in same course, at least in Nigeria. I was in your shoes as well before embarking on my programme in EEE, all you need do is prep up to acquaint yourself with the EEE you have replaced with Mathematics.

3. Unless you have time on your side, I will advise a MSc in your primary course of study. You will gain more in everything, also you have an advantage of still using teaching as side-hustle; cos with TRCN, you are qualified (in a Private School).

PS: We all make same mistakes, even in my UG certificate..the mistake is still there...
It is Electrical/Electronic (no s) Engineering....

God grant you grace & wisdom bro
Thanks a lot for the advice. I do appreciate.
Re: M.eng Or M. Ed by fergie001: 12:36am On Aug 01, 2019
Nigerianjamesbo:

Thanks a lot for the advice. I do appreciate.
Always welcome Sir

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Perfect Study Plan For WAEC in 2020 / AAUA Final Year Economics Students Serving Punishment In Class During Lecture / TECNO To Sponsor 20 Varsity Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.