Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye (14649 Views)

I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye / Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa / Kogi Youths Guard Dino Melaye After Police Withdraws His Security (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by titiloyeblog: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
Senator Dino Melaye, representing Kogi West Senatorial District at the National Assembly, on Wednesday, pledged to revive the state economy and bring it to an enviable height within four years.

Melaye disclosed this at a media interactive organized by the Kogi State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) for governorship aspirants, at the NUJ Press Centre, Lokoja.

Melaye, a governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the state was blessed with abundant resources but regretted the pervading poverty and penury owing to maladministration and widespread corruption.

While noting that countries now depended on ideas to revolutionize their economies, he promised that Kogi, under his watch, would not depend on handouts in the form of monthly allocations from the Federation Account to survive.

Melaye, who is the Senate committee chairman on aviation, said he would revolutionize agriculture and transform the abundant mineral resources in the state into tangible products that would earn the state good income.

He said that through ideas, galvanized and harmonized by quality leadership, Singapore was transformed from a Third World country to an economically-advanced nation, while Dubai became a high income generating city in United Arab Emirate.

“In four years, we will revive the economy of Kogi and the state will become the envy of others. I have gone around the world and I am sure that I have the necessary capacity and exposure to achieve this.

“I am talking about Kogi State and the generations yet unborn. Let us have public nursery schools, develop education, health and other core sectors to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, and restore the middle class.

“The paradox of Kogi is that in spite of our abundance, we are poor. Kogi is too rich to be poor. We have to prepare our youths for the future through ICT. Today, ideas have overtaken oil.

“We are focused and intellectually mobile with a vision and mission to drive the process.

“I will operate Kogi like an independent country. Kogi occupies 30,354 square kilometers of land, with a population of about 4.7 million people,” he said.

The senator, who disclosed that he would contest the presidency of Nigeria in the next eight years, stressed that his governorship aspiration was divine.

“I am an emissary sent to emancipate the people of Kogi State from economic cowards and financial scavengers,” he declared.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ill-revive-kogi-economy-in-four-years-melaye/amp/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by IamAkinzy: 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
Kedi Revive shey grin..las las I believe u small Dino cool

Shuu!! Na me be first to comment ooo shocked... dia fadaaaaa!!! Mama I made it : wink grin

12 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by nelsonstudio1(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
I don’t know why I like this senator. Shaa his speak for this people in the senate than most senators

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CONTACT FOR ANY GRAPHICS PROJECT

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by zonax(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
Dino my person

18 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by KIDfurniture(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
smiley
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by tobtap: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
DINO beta pass yahaya bello ... by far... but both are not suitable to be governors.... cool

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by yrex01(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Yimu.

They don come again.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by ricmx(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
undecided
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by torlly: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
That's very correct grin grin
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Antara0503(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Noted.
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by mccoy47(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Na dem!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Authoreety: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Na dem

D guy above me, how could we be reasoning same thing same time....

Back to topic, politicians always reason like cartoon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Alzirida(f): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
cool

Unlucky KOGI

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
In Dino we believe

Omo Kogi Ni Mi

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by ct2: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
D
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by oluwadabira111(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
Dino melaye sani bello or what the fvck is his uselessman name,the two of them are unfit to rule kogi state. kogi people should try to look beyond those two criminals.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Amehdgreat01(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Dino, to maintain relevance in this country, please remain a Senator, because you are so busy with unnecessary issues that Lugard house doesn't fit you. I love you as a senator bt not a Governor abeg.....

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Teejayphillip(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Abeg who dey yarn for there? (Weyrey wo loh sanroo yen)

Politicians with empty promises. E go reach dia now begin dey deny am.

If kogi people are wise,they should vote other party apart from APC and PDP... Bunch of liars

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by badonkadonk: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
titiloyeblog:
Senator Dino Melaye, representing Kogi West Senatorial District at the National Assembly, on Wednesday, pledged to revive the state economy and bring it to an enviable height within four years.

Melaye disclosed this at a media interactive organized by the Kogi State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) for governorship aspirants, at the NUJ Press Centre, Lokoja.

Melaye, a governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the state was blessed with abundant resources but regretted the pervading poverty and penury owing to maladministration and widespread corruption.

While noting that countries now depended on ideas to revolutionize their economies, he promised that Kogi, under his watch, would not depend on handouts in the form of monthly allocations from the Federation Account to survive.

Melaye, who is the Senate committee chairman on aviation, said he would revolutionize agriculture and transform the abundant mineral resources in the state into tangible products that would earn the state good income.

He said that through ideas, galvanized and harmonized by quality leadership, Singapore was transformed from a Third World country to an economically-advanced nation, while Dubai became a high income generating city in United Arab Emirate.

“In four years, we will revive the economy of Kogi and the state will become the envy of others. I have gone around the world and I am sure that I have the necessary capacity and exposure to achieve this.

“I am talking about Kogi State and the generations yet unborn. Let us have public nursery schools, develop education, health and other core sectors to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, and restore the middle class.

“The paradox of Kogi is that in spite of our abundance, we are poor. Kogi is too rich to be poor. We have to prepare our youths for the future through ICT. Today, ideas have overtaken oil.

“We are focused and intellectually mobile with a vision and mission to drive the process.

“I will operate Kogi like an independent country. Kogi occupies 30,354 square kilometers of land, with a population of about 4.7 million people,” he said.

The senator, who disclosed that he would contest the presidency of Nigeria in the next eight years, stressed that his governorship aspiration was divine.

“I am an emissary sent to emancipate the people of Kogi State from economic cowards and financial scavengers,” he declared.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ill-revive-kogi-economy-in-four-years-melaye/amp/

At least he didn't promise 3months...
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by BobiNick(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
The usual talk. These politicians don't always have anything new to say. Nigerians don't need promises anymore, just get the job done but it's still a normal past process. He will first of all use the first two years to pour out his anger on Yahaya. Then what else can be done with the remaining two years as usual. As long as the issue of Godfatherism is still in Nigeria politics, the country can never move forward but only in the usual circle.
Move from a party that has failed to the ruling party and you automatically gain favor one way or the other. I like Dino but I only pity this his ambition at this point because we all know that this is not like the usual general election where everybody is busy trying to hold their state strong, now this is an election that the Apc will definitely deliver the Fayose (Ekiti Election) style.

Dino is a regular comedian when military and police do you strong thing just like Fayose as well. Kogi that is close to FCT, they will never give it to pdp especially a run away soldier from Apc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by AntiWailer: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
grin
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Henrichemeka(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
The man
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Simplyleo: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
Authoreety:
Na dem

D guy above me, how could we be reasoning same thing same time....

Back to topic, politicians always reason like cartoon
I doubt if you will make heaven angry
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Hamilton1(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Theriosly, Another Scam on Kogi at it again

1 Like

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Donmoscojaja(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Teejayphillip:
Abeg who dey yarn for there?

Politicians with empty promises. E go reach dia now begin dey deny am.

If kogi people are wise,they should vote other party apart from APC and PDP... Bunch of liars

lol
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Bacteriologist(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Anyone who still believes these guys is the perfect definition of stupid. They'll promise you heaven and paradise before assuming Office. When they get there they'll forget you. This has been the case hundred times over. When our mumu go do for Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Ali5511(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
Drsheddy:
Choose to receive Christ and accepts God’s free gift of salvation.

“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.” John 1:12-13 (NLT)

You can take these steps by praying a simple prayer of commitment to God:

“Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me. I realize I need you in my life, and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand it more. As much as I know how I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a Christian.”

“Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” Romans 10:13 (NLT)

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)

I beg Wetin Aw does the news on ground deal with Jesus?
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by Bodexman(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
nelsonstudio1:
I don’t know why I like this senator. Shaa his speak for this people in the senate than most senators

Bello really need a serious contender(s) in that state inorder for him to wake to reality that he isn't doing anything.
Re: I’ll Revive Kogi Economy In Four Years – Melaye by chozzy: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
Aw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku: I Am Ready To Lead Coalition Against Tinubu, APC / It Is Unlawful To Send The Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Delta - Okowa / Like Leah Sharibu, Like Amasa Firdaus By Sirajudeen Abdulazeez Folayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.