Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye (661 Views)

This Is Abuja For The Next 8 Years. Picture. / Obaseki: I’ll Contest Edo Governorship Election On APC Platform / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by chinwe1960: 2:08am On Aug 01, 2019
@ StateReporter news

Sen. Dino Melaye, representing Kogi West Senatorial District at the National Assembly, on Wednesday, pledged to revive the state economy and bring it to an enviable height within four years, adding that he will contest for President in the next 8 years.

Melaye disclosed this at a media interactive organised by the Kogi State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) for governorship aspirants, at the NUJ Press Centre, Lokoja.

Melaye, a governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the state was blessed with abundant resources but regretted the pervading poverty and penury owing to maladministration and widespread corruption.

While noting that countries now depended on ideas to revolutionise their economies, he promised that Kogi, under his watch, would not depend on handouts in form of monthly allocations from the Federation Account to survive.
Melaye, who is the Senate committee chairman on aviation, said he would revolutionise agriculture and transform the abundant mineral resources in the state into tangible products that would earn the state good income.

He said that through ideas, galvanised and harmonised by quality leadership, Singapore was transformed from a Third World country to an economically-advanced nation, while Dubai became a high income generating city in United Arab Emirate.

“In four years, we will revive the economy of Kogi and the state will become the envy of others. I have gone round the world and I am sure that I have the necessary capacity and exposure to achieve this.

“I am talking about Kogi State and the generations yet unborn. Let us have public nursery schools, develop education, health and other core sectors to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, and restore the middle class.

“The paradox of Kogi is that in spite of our abundance, we are poor. Kogi is too rich to be poor. We have to prepare our youths for the future through ICT. Today, ideas have overtaken oil.

“We are focused and intellectually mobile with vision and mission to drive the process.

“I will operate Kogi like an independent country
READ MORE

SOURCE : StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/08/01/ill-contest-president-next-8-years-dino-melaye/

Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by surveyorng: 2:52am On Aug 01, 2019
Such a good dream...
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by kolaaderin: 2:56am On Aug 01, 2019
We patriotic Nigerians reject it. Never shall we have another evil in power those coming years.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by Abbeysunday(m): 3:03am On Aug 01, 2019
God help us in this country.....even clowns like dino??
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by yarimo(m): 3:34am On Aug 01, 2019
DINO MILAYE you mean President of comedian association of Nigeria abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by Simplyleo: 5:37am On Aug 01, 2019
yarimo:
DINO MILAYE you mean President of comedian association of Nigeria abi? grin
No, he actually meant the president of his fans and supporters, ipob.

That is where he enjoys great support because according to them, he is fighting for the masses. cool

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by Wantedmiller: 5:45am On Aug 01, 2019
Dino......this your small change is disturbing you.

guide it carefully....... or when you win as a governor of Kogi State.....you will loot their money for President.

Shooting ur self on the leg.
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by Kingpee2(m): 5:47am On Aug 01, 2019
You see what happens when everyone knows that Nigeria is indeed a garbage ground ..
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by Formularcr7: 5:49am On Aug 01, 2019
If buhari can, you can
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by WonderManly(m): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2019
Who talk sey something wey no dey possible dey? I know your thoughts are more very important, more meaningful, sensible and agreeable! After 8years as "KSG" Kogi State Governor. Then straight to "MP" Mr President. Wow! My future dreamer, dramer president!
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by aolawale025: 7:09am On Aug 01, 2019
One and only Dino
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by aanuoluwami14(f): 7:33am On Aug 01, 2019
grin grin grin grin Anytime you hear the name Dino Melaye, you must definitely laugh grin
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by success1smyn(m): 9:06am On Aug 01, 2019
Kogites, over to you.
Re: I’ll Contest For President In The Next 8 Years – Dino Melaye by chinwe1960: 10:55am On Aug 01, 2019
Q

(1) (Reply)

Yari Runs To Court As EFCC Seals Abuja Mansion / Newsbuhari In Japan: IPOB Attacks Adesina, Dares Him On President’s Whereabouts / Imo State Governor, Ihedioha Orders Arrest Of Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.