Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari (1117 Views)

Money That Could Have Lifted 1000 Almajiri From Poverty / We Have Lifted 5m Youths Out Of Poverty—buhari / We’ll Take 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Cutezt(m): 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
Pres. Buhari says the Federal Government’s introduced National Social Investment Programme (NSIP), has in three years, lifted no fewer than 5 million Nigerians out of extreme poverty.

According to NAN, he made the disclosure at the opening of the Global Youth Employment Forum of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Abuja on Thursday.

He noted that the FG had an in-depth understanding of the rapidly changing demographics and the emerging world of work.

“We note at this point that the issue of youth unemployment has assumed a global significant, and on the front burner of development discourse.

The government understands the need to focus attention on youth empowerment by creating the enabling environment for job opportunities and capacity building.

The present administration from the onset, made the investment in our people, one of the key goals of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, which is the national development blueprint from the period of 2017 to 2020.

The implementation of the plan also has the flagship programme such as the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP). It has yielded some measurable outcomes in the form of increased school enrolment and the creation of more jobs.

One of the key components of the NSIP is the N-Power programme and its sub-components has led to the creation of job opportunities in different sectors of the economy.

For example, in the past three years, the programme has yielded over 2 million direct and indirect employment opportunities and has lifted over 5 million Nigerians out of extreme poverty.

In addition to this achievement, some sectors of the economy with high propensity for massive job creation and employment generation were specifically target by the government for various forms of support.’’

The president said some programmes were also targeted at the informal sectors, improving their capacity and boosting the domestic economy, such as the import restriction the executive order on ease of doing business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjBISSXJ2A

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Cutezt(m): 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by naijaboy756: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by yarimo(m): 11:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
This is very commendable from president BUHARI.
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Rapmoney(m): 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
Brainless talks! The true meaning of this statement is: 'We have put 50 million Nigerians in extreme poverty'.

4 Likes

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by kings59: 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
Very commendable I must say.

Let us remove hatred and focus on the fact. It might be true that 5million have been lifted out of poverty, but there are still many who are living in extreme poverty.

It is not easy to rule Nigeria, a country filled with different kinds of individuals and different behaviours.

lifting 5 million out of poverty is still better than none.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by aolawale025: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
Seems Nigeria is in comedy season

3 Likes

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
kings59:

Let us remove hatred and focus on the fact. It might be true that 5million have been lifted out of poverty, but there are still many who are living in extreme poverty.

It is not easy to rule Nigeria, a country filled with different kinds of individuals and different behaviours.

How did he raise the 5million out of poverty?

Your gullibility will not let you filter lies from truth.

Herdsmen have been sacking villages where farmers cultivate crops to eat, displacing villagers in the process and increasing hunger.

While his archaic economic policies have led to series of job losses and sacks in city centers, with companies folding up due to insecurity and harsh economy.

There was never a time i took anything from All progressives Congress serious.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2019
yarimo:

Only fools and zombies believe what the cow president has to say...
Chunning out croaked figures just to deceive the gullible zombies..

Buhari is a failure

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Only fools and zombies believe what the cow president has to say...
Chunning out croaked figures just to deceive the gullible zombies..

Buhari is a failure

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by kings59: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
AkeNathan:

How did he raise the 5million out of poverty?

Your gullibility will not let you filter lies from truth.

Herdsmen have been sacking villages where farmers cultivate crops to eat, displacing villagers in the process and increasing hunger.

While his archaic economic policies have led to series of job losses and sacks in city centers, with companies folding up due to insecurity and harsh economy.

There was never a time i took anything from All progressives Congress serious.

Continue to console yourself with daily happenings just like the multitudes do.

The FRSC, Police, N-POWER, Trademoni, RRS, PEACR CORPS, public school teachers, and many more had been recruited and many got the Job.

Stay there and be embarrassing yourself.

I don't like Buhari, but when it comes to fact, I remove hatred or sentiments and state the truth.

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Buhari has lifted 5 million Nigerians out of poverty.
I believe.All you need is spiritual eyes to see the 5 million Nigerians.Look hard my country people, if you don't see them you are blind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
kings59:

Continue to console yourself with daily happenings just like the multitudes do.

The FRSC, Police, N-POWER, Trademoni, RRS, PEACR CORPS, public school teachers, and many more had been recruited and many got the Job.

Stay there and be embarrassing yourself.

I don't like Buhari, but when it comes to fact, I remove hatred or sentiments and state the truth.

SMH

Those government parastatals and ministries largely employ based on whom_you_know.

You probably don't know how the system works. undecided No be Nigeria again? So those men who use connection to gain the work were ever in poverty? He was probably managing a "less paying job".

Go to the villages which constitute 70% of Nigeria land mass. Those are where poverty dwells. Stop talking like an ignorant man.

Nobody here is talking about hatred fyi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
kings59:

No be you dey jobless as of May 2019, judging from your previous post.

5million lifted ni, 5billion naira ko.

Mtcheew.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Tianamen1: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
Facts don't lie

2 Likes

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by jchioma: 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2019
The problem with such unsubstantiated numbers being reeled out here, is that, it does not reflect reality, as more Nigerians are being laid off work by the hour and there is grand poverty in the land as attested to by the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics reports.

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by kotv: 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
Buhari and his crew have no respect for Nigerians. If he did, he would be here insulting us everyday with lies.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by jacquincy: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2019
yes i lift them from a normal life to the poverty capital of the world....mumu talk

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by kings59: 12:17am On Aug 02, 2019
AkeNathan:

Mtcheew.

I am not jobless, I am a business man now. My brothers supported me with 10 million, so I used it to set up a provision shop in lagos and my business is booming.

That was then when i was seeking employment after service. Hope I have cleared that now Mr monitoring spirit / agent.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Kylekent59: 12:21am On Aug 02, 2019
kings59:

I am not jobless, I am a business man now. My brothers supported me with 10 million, so I used it to set up a provision shop in lagos and my business is booming.

That was then when i was seeking employment after service. Hope I have cleared that now Mr monitoring spirit / agent.

wow!! you just gave that guy brutality. grin grin grin

Congrats, you gat good brothers by your side, but some won't wanna help.

How was business today Mr kings?

2 Likes

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Kylekent59: 12:23am On Aug 02, 2019
AkeNathan:

Mtcheew.

So your job is to monitor people on social media grin grin grin

Nigeria is finished oooo, some of our youths are now monitoring agents. grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 02, 2019
Tianamen1:
Facts don't lie

I thought you where joking so I had to look up the website and I became speechless after I saw for myself what you posted.

Facts don't lie
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 02, 2019
kings59:

So you no even follow for the 5million invisible yoots Buhari lifted out of poverty grin grin

Grand defender of Buhari undecided Thank your brothers for doing the needful, otherwise you would not have been part of the invisible 5million invisible yoots Buhari lifted out of poverty. cheesy

The way he was sounding like he was one of the lucky ones Buhari helped though grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by federal9: 12:28am On Aug 02, 2019
AkeNathan:

Mtcheew.

See dis one dey monitor person since May, kaii, we ain't safe again oo.

Very very funny.

It's time to go back to prayer and keep praying against monitoring person grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Oshin56(m): 6:03am On Aug 02, 2019
I don't know where baba got his figures from but this is a big lie is it farmers that cows are destroying there crops that are out of poverty or private organizations that lay off there staffs due to recession.

1 Like

Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:18am On Aug 02, 2019
A government so filled with incredibly stupid and irresponsible and lying people. angry
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by BizBayo: 6:19am On Aug 02, 2019
Mr President Sir, we also need favourable policies for people that wants to establish something in tech.
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:21am On Aug 02, 2019
5 Million Out Of Average Nigerians That Are In Abject Poverty, Mr Bubu You Try No Be Small... World Bank Should Give You Post-Rumour Award
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 02, 2019
How did you do that ? Nigerians have never been poorer and this terrorist is talking nonsense.
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Gandollar(f): 7:09am On Aug 02, 2019
yarimo:
Why not. Almajiris send their gratitudes.
Re: We Have Lifted 5 Million Nigerians Out Of Extreme Poverty - Buhari by Cutezt(m): 11:22am On Aug 02, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Speaker, Dogara Makes First Appearance At The 9th Assembly / Don’t Celebrate Yet, Plateau APC Tells PDP After Supreme Court Ruling / Why Nigeria Is Borrowing Fresh $3bn From World Bank —minister Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.