Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts (14763 Views)

Isiguzo Praises Seriake Dickson On Managing His Relationship With Governor Diri / Must See; Simon Ekpa's Savage Reply To BBC Journalist on Obigbo massacre.(pics) / Nigerians Blast Foreign Journalist On His Reaction To Ballot Snatchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by EkunKekere: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2019
The National President of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Comrade Chris Isiguzo on Wednesday condemned the alleged attack, assault and threats to life on a pregnant female journalist and twenty other journalists by a member of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Mr Nkemka Onuma and his alleged political thugs numbering over 40 who carried dangerous weapons.

Mr. Nkemka Onuma(Pic)

[img]https://images./28efu9blmbrZiDWCrMyaor.jpg[/img]

Thugs allegedly led by the member representing Afikpo South West constituency in the Assembly, Nkemka Onuma allegedly descended on the journalists and inflicted injuries on them, especially that of the Nation newspaper, Ogochukwu Anioke, Pilot Newspaper Samson Nwafor and a pregnant journalist.

Mrs. Grace Egbo of the Tribune Newspaper who was also hit on her stomach and face.

Mrs Grace Egbo

[img]https://images./BsfSBl6bx4iemr0lJPSLy.jpg[/img]

Isiguzo who condemned the action of Onuma and the thugs demanded that the lawmaker should tender an unreserved apology for their action.

He also ordered that the medical bills of the victims should be taken care of by the lawmaker.

“I am yet to get the full details of what really happened in Ebonyi State House of Assembly but if what we read is anything to go by, it is shocking and totally unbecoming for an Honourable member of a House of Assembly to have abandoned his legislative duty to begin to unleash mayhem on innocent journalists in Ebonyi State.

“It is totally unacceptable to us and we demand that Ebonyi State House of Assembly should not just apologize to those people that were manhandled, they should also make sure that they are taken care of in the hospital because I learnt that one or two of those people is already in the hospital. So, they should take care of their bills in the hospital and assure us of their safety in that House of Assembly.

“There is no way that the legislature which is, of course, part of the ingredients of democracy in governance will still be the one to cause trouble or problem to the safety of journalists in Ebonyi state. so, the attack is totally unacceptable and we think in the next couple of hours, the House of Assembly should do the needful”.

On the threat to prevent journalists from covering activities of the Assembly, Isiguzo said, “the lawmaker in question does not have powers to stop journalists from covering the Assembly as he threatened. It is a public place and it does not belong to that particular lawmaker or the Speaker, it is a public institution and they don’t have right or such powers to bar any journalist from covering the state House of Assembly, it will never happen. If they try it, we will take the next line of action. They can’t even try it, the lawmaker was only trying to grandstand,” he stated.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/31/nuj-condemns-attack-pregnant-journalist-20-others-lawmaker-ebonyi/

2 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by EkunKekere: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2019
Imagine hitting a pregnant woman on her womb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by shakushakuist(f): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2019
EkunKekere:

They're all political thugs

angry
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Chrisbeks: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2019
Animals are the ones making laws for us
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by donbachi(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2019
Next month na,one group will come and knack him"icon of democracy"award...woman beater..na dis type dey use and dump women after him don give dem belle finish

11 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2019
When I saw ebonyi state, I wasn't suprise.

Are they humans, where over 89.3 percent of them feed on violence.

They love fight and don't care the implications, don't try their resolve.

Generally are wicked...if I may put it that way.

4 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by SoftP(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2019
What do u expect, when y"all carefully selected thugs and touts to lead u as against intellectuals. This Country needs revolution.

Besides @ Op, they hit the lady in her stomach, not womb. Where u for see womb or was there surgical operation

1 Like

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by solmusdesigns: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2019
angry

hiting someones womb? really what kindof headline is this... are the thugs mad

2 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by gaventa: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Admin your Headlines doesn’t correlate with your write up. Is Chris the lawmaker or the spokesperson for journalist

5 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by chinavs9ja(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Terrible act

Get your website today...check my signature
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by TSRC: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2019
If I were her husband, I will sue you to kingdom come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Queenbeeee: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2019
EkunKekere:
on her tummy or womb? Is the womb not inside the body again?

2 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Chicastle: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2019
Oh please correct that statement. it's no Nkemka's thugs. "say" thug Nkemka and his followers hit a pregnant woman so people can understand it better and make comments. You get is guys?

1 Like

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Myhusband(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2019
the Igbo coward again, na only woman dey sabi to threaten

those at that side are enemy to humanity attributes
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by sharena(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2019
THEM NEED TO HAMMER THE IDIOT BLONCUSS
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2019
Queenbeeee:
because once u are pregnant u loose ur tummy and for that period below ur diaphragm becomes all womb ������...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by TemmyWon(f): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2019
Queenbeeee:
Aunty nurse, when you're pregnant your womb shoots out and your stomach part lays behind or above it. So, she was hut on her womb
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by PECON1(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2019
Next week Alexreport will award him the face of democracy.
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Bolustical: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Eziokwugbaoto: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:
When I saw ebonyi state, I wasn't suprise.

Are they humans, where over 89.3 percent of them feed on violence.

They love fight and don't care the implications, don't try their resolve.

Generally are wicked...if I may put it that way.
Disclaimer: I won't in anyway support or be a party to thuggery and stupidity.

When I saw your first sentence it left me wondering if there is really any state in Nigeria we'd hear such and be surprised.

Your succeeding sentence further informed me you need proper orientation on the kind of things to put out in cyberspace. You can make references as to where you got your statistics of 89.3%.
"If I'm called to any court of competent jurisdiction can I defend this my comment/ assertion as it were to the later with facts?" Ask your self this question before posting anything on the internet. It's a small world after all.
Let's be guided

3 Likes

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by flatbellygood2: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

hiting someones womb? really what kindof headline is this... are the thugs mad

I wonder o, not her stomach but her womb. grin
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by BlackfireX: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2019
Wetin the pregnant gbeborun go do for there?
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Queenbeeee: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2019
TemmyWon:

Aunty nurse, when you're pregnant your womb shoots out and your stomach part lays behind or above it. So, she was hut on her womb
Tnx mummy matron.. I now understand

1 Like

Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by unite4real: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Just like saying someone was hit on her kidney.

Is womb now an external organ?
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by kennydora: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Hitting a pregnant woman.... Hey!!! Ar u ok?.
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by Tokotaya: 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2019
Many animals in politics these days. Why assault people, much less, hit a woman on the belly.
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by SocialJustice: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
donbachi:
Next month na,one group will come and knack him"icon of democracy"award...woman beater..na dis type dey use and dump women after him don give dem belle finish
Alex and his gang.
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by oluwasegun007(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
Womb or stomach
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by tigerclaws: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2019
[s]
Bolustical:
Ok
[/s]
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by samdaisi: 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
Charity begins at home by their fruits we shall know them, I thank God my culture is rich and I am proud of it and it demands respect from everybody,I don't call my elderly people by their names without respect
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by yomalex(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
shocked sad angry
Re: Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts by LLobiorah: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2019
Eziokwugbaoto:

Disclaimer: I won't in anyway support or be a party to thuggery and stupidity.

When I saw your first sentence it left me wondering if there is really any state in Nigeria we'd hear such and be surprised.

Your succeeding sentence further informed me your need proper orientation on the kind of things to put out in cyberspace. You can make references as to where you got your statistics of 89.3%.
"If I'm called to any court of competent jurisdiction can I defend this my comment/ assertion as it where to the later with facts" Ask your self this question before posting anything on the internet. It's a small world after all.
Let's be guided

Don't mind that idiot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Investigate N80 Billion Fraud In NDDC / APC Ignores Tinubu, Akande's Complaints, Continues With Registration Of Members / Soyinka: It’s Madness Sign To Think Nigeria’ll Work Without Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.