Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) (23390 Views)

Brazilian Woman Wheels Corpse Into Banking Hall To ‘sign Off’ A Loan In Her Name / Lady Beaten Mercilessly By Neighbourhood Security Men in Enugu Over N1000 (Pix) / UBA Policeman Beats Up Customer In Lagos, Attempts To Stab Him In Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by phonemakemoney: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2019
GisterBlogger:

He, instead, insisted on closing his account with the bank and withdrawing all his money before leaving. However, his stance didn’t go down well with the security men, who descended on him heavily and even hit him with a gun.

Watch The Video
http://gistmore.com/first-bank-security-men-assault-client-inside-banking-hall
Closing account is not a big deal if the customer himself is not a troublesome person, what he should have done is use his ATM, Mobile Transfer of funds via bank code on registered phone number or mobile app transfer to another bank account or finally go to another branch that is customer friendly and kindly request withdrawal of your money or write a cheque to clear all you money.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by CaptainMitch: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2019
If any useless policeman tries this with me, just kiss your job goodbye

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by WarriAproko: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Police brutality. embarassed they will always claim right
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by West2019(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2019
Pls any one that know this young old man should ask him.to reach me immediately. Thanks

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Emperornice: 9:44am On Aug 02, 2019
Please this has to trend
#boycottfirstbankng
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by nonjebose(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2019
phonemakemoney:
Closing account is not a big deal if the customer himself is not a troublesome person, what he should have done is use his ATM, Mobile Transfer of funds via bank code on registered phone number or mobile app transfer to another bank account or finally go to another branch that is customer friendly and kindly request withdrawal of your money or write a cheque to clear all you money.
I love the way you calmly stated the options available to the customer. But you were quick to assume that the customer maybe troublesome. For starters, you don't know what precipitated his outrage in the first place. And why would a bank not be customer friendly? I have come across customers who seem to be unruly in banking hall, yet were smartly handled without molestation

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by oyebanji(m): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2019
Shocking that First Bank has not deemed it fit to make a statement on this!

Anyway, i hope the guy sues the NPF, First Bank and the individuals for aggravated assault and more...
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by blackboy(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2019
I can upload 101 viral videos abroad where ppl shouted in offices/stores where they felt they were being oppressed.
oluwaahmed:

No this mentality is wrong and will put you in trouble if you ever get to advanced countries or try it in some nigerian banks. Customers are not supposed to shout in the banking hall, no matter the aggravation, your shouting might scare other customer or even babies there. The best thing to do would have been to leave the bank first calm down. In the US the security will throw you out of the bank for raising your voice talkless of shouting. Although I think that guy tries to rob someone in that bank which explains the numerous policemen.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by blackboy(m): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2019
I remember in a bank in Abuja I wanted to withdraw money from my account after relocating to Abuja. I was kept for hours saying they were working on it. Everytime i tried to leave the bank they kept locking the door. I started shouted asking what the problem is how much i wanted to withdraw and why they were keeping me. The manager came and asked them to let me go. They apologized to me later

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by pocohantas(f): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2019
ornicus:
If this is first bank, the bank manager, regional manager, police support etal are all in big trouble. unfortunately, na chinko camera without sharp picture, but even so, there is enough

Nothing will happen.
He was asked to leave, he refused to.
Anything he sees after that, he should take. He should go settle with police.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Sunnymatey(m): 10:14am On Aug 02, 2019
PLS FELLOW NIGERIANS

THIS VIDEO SHOWS FIRST BANK ISN'T CAPABLE OF HANDLING ISSUES AS MINOR AS THIS.

THIS COULD BE YOU, ME OR YOUR CLOSE RELATIVES.

PLS LET'S MAKE THEM PAY FOR THIS RUDELESS ASSAULT.

##CLOSE UR ACCOUNT WITH FIRST BANK##

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY OTHERS CAN LEARN AND ADOPT A MORE CIVIL APPROACH TO A MINOR CASE AS THIS.

I'M PAINED AFTER WATCHING THIS VIDEO

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2019
pocohantas:

Nothing will happen.
He was asked to leave, he refused to.
Anything he sees after that, he should take. He should go settle with police.

for real? bank policy does not expressly forbid manhandling irate customers?
those police are employed by the bank via third party outsourcing [at least that is how the mopol in our office are engaged]

so we would still have liability, even if we try to claim that it is a police matter
not cool

issokay ooo

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by tofolo(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2019
post=80856847:
Bank Security beating you on top of your money?!

The client should go get a lawyer ASAP.

Don't cry on social media for everything abeg!
Nothing would happen to the bank, its the police that beat him that would be redeployed elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by baratech: 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
Your time has come to blow
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by pacespot(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
First bank has to be one of the worst banks in Nigeria. I was issued a Visa dual currency card for the past 3 months but unable to use the card and my card validity period is running, all I get is "invalid account selected" when I try to use it at the ATM and the Bank's customer care representatives have been most unhelpful. If you don't wire yourself with enough patience, there is no way you won't have issues with this Bank's staff, even at that, they will still treat you with disgust. If they are tired of their job, is it by force to come to the office?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by bankrich4real: 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2019
No matter what that guy did,he shouldn't have been treated that way. It's a bad PR for the bank itself..and like others said, he could actually make a good case out of this. I worked in the bank,and in trainings/meetings u always get told never ever to treat customers with contempt, especially those "1k balance" customers for obvious reasons. Even if he was a robber, its wrong for police to have engaged him with arms on them. We just don't know the rules of engagements of security personnels in public places, moreso in a banking hall. I have once had to deal with a very aggressive customer who almost raised down the roof of my branch claiming the bank "stole" all the money in his account. It was very challenging, but without having to harrass him with security personnels, we handled the situation very calmly and doused his tensive mood without getting the attention of everyone in the banking hall, only to find out he was mentally unstable. Customers are kings, never ever treat them with contempt. This story will make FBN loose more goodwill than the potential gains. It's just the story of our society. Everyone is angry and everyone is channelling their anger wrongly

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by bankrich4real: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
tofolo:
Nothing would happen to the bank, its the police that beat him that would be redeployed elsewhere.

And u think the security personnels won't indict the bank management? If FBN is like my bank, this nairaland story (wether it's true or not) is enough for head office to query the
branch RICO, who in turn will pass it down on the branch management, and then who in turn will query every staff involved. My brother u will see how everyone will start trying to save their own head, including the security personnels.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Okoyeeboz: 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
tofolo:

Stop taking ignorantly.

I know someone who was not allowed to leave the premises of UBA by the Mopol guiding the bank for 2 hours. He sued UBA and they quietly settled the matter for 2M. That was in 2007.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Okoyeeboz: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2019
blackboy:
I remember in a bank in Abuja I wanted to withdraw money from my account after relocating to Abuja. I was kept for hours saying they were working on it. Everytime i tried to leave the bank they kept locking the door. I started shouted asking what the problem is how much i wanted to withdraw and why they were keeping me. The manager came and asked them to let me go. They apologized to me later

Okoyeeboz:

I know someone who was not allowed to leave the premises of UBA by the Mopol guiding the bank for 2 hours. He sued UBA and they quietly settled the matter for 2M. That was in 2007.

You just missed your opportunity of making millions.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Okoyeeboz: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
phonemakemoney:

You can't close a bank by withdrawal of all your funds. You must go to the physical branch to do that.

If you only withdraw your funds, charges would keep accumulating on your account and the bank can sue you to recover the charges, legal costs and interest.

When you people sign documents without reading, you can't know.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by okoroemeka(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2019
Okoyeeboz:
Congratulations to the client, he's now a multi-millionaire.

Whether he cashes out his millions depends on if he sues the bank for millions and equally sues the police for millions.

haaaaahaaa!! very funny,as if he is in oyibo country,wake up this is Nigeria,if that man insist on taking the police to court,he may even lose his life.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by richylee(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2019
dbrown:
If he can take action on this,

They guy has made it
The branch manager will lose his job
The security officer will also lose his job
keep on deceiving yourself. By the time the police man will write it's own statement you will weep for that young man.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by richylee(m): 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
okoroemeka:
haaaaahaaa!! very funny,as if he is in oyibo country,wake up this is Nigeria,if that man insist on taking the police to court,he may even lose his life.
Not that he may lose, the man will definitely lose, fear Nigeria police if that police man write it's own statement lasan that young man is a goner
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
WarriAproko:
Am closing my first bank account. Let me rush there and collect my huge money. 1002 naira. I hate nonsense sad angry

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by simplyOJ(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
Na wa o! See as slaps just dey land on top one person face from several security guys. I wonder what his offense was to warrant such humiliation.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by tofolo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2019
Okoyeeboz:

Stop taking ignorantly.

bros am not talking ignorantly, for them to have paid something must have happened you know nothing about, a bank(name withheld)their MOPOL shot and killed a customer the story died down. besides if a staff is found to be guilty of service failure the bank would just release him and service terminated. Am in investigations this is what I do.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by tofolo(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2019
bankrich4real:

And u think the security personnels won't indict the bank management? If FBN is like my bank, this nairaland story (wether it's true or not) is enough for head office to query the
branch RICO, who in turn will pass it down on the branch management, and then who in turn will query every staff involved. My brother u will see how everyone will start trying to save their own head, including the security personnels.
you said query, that one is question and answer, he is talking about suing the bank na the manager send the police to beat the guy?
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by mechanics(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
That's unprofessional from them, IGP must see this.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by phonemakemoney: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2019
Okoyeeboz:

You can't close a bank by withdrawal of all your funds. You must go to the physical branch to do that.

If you only withdraw your funds, charges would keep accumulating on your account and the bank can sue you to recover the charges, legal costs and interest.

When you people sign documents without reading, you can't know.
You have forgotten that the account will go dormant and inactive.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by dingbang(m): 6:03am On Aug 03, 2019
oyebanji:
Shocking that First Bank has not deemed it fit to make a statement on this!

Anyway, i hope the guy sues the NPF, First Bank and the individuals for aggravated assault and more...
or maybe they have and you haven't come across the statement. cool
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by dingbang(m): 6:06am On Aug 03, 2019
I think the correct headline should be this

Officers of the NPF beat up customer in First bank hall.

First bank is not a military force so it doesn't recruit police men and I am not surprised about the comments here.
Re: First Bank Security Men Assault Customer Inside Banking Hall (Video) by mediclife1987(m): 12:49am On Aug 04, 2019
donbachi:
4 person money...only in nigeria clients are not respected.useless akawo houses.

Some banks always treat broke customers like crap. Once went to my bank to withdraw the last cash in my account and d cashier couldn't even hide her expression when she realized I wanted to withdraw my last 2k with them.

The mugu didn't know I had a GT account that serves as my main salary account.
Gt rocks anytime anyday, they 1st started the withdrawing till #0 account stuff...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti / Stray Bullet From Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Penetrates Home / Traders Suffer Losses As Flood Washes Away Shops In Anambra Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.