Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria (16364 Views)

Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by nNEOo(m): 9:02am On Aug 02, 2019
Praying for ppl to remain dormant grin
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by nNEOo(m): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2019
Neminc:
Which God are the praying to? They don't believe in the same God

There could be some kind of unifier God grin

1 Like

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Opexzy: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2019
When i see news like this... My initial reaction makes me think like i don't believe in God...

But the fact is, i believe in God as much as i believe in actions too...

Pray and fast till next year if we are not ready to act... Then we are joking..

1 Like

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Cherrybae(f): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2019
See all the comments above, one will conclude that the igbos are indeed the enemies of this country.

They never want anything good for this country.

I will keep saying it that hate will kill igbos in Nairaland

I wonder how these hate filled igbos on Nairaland will cope I'd this forum is shut down one day.

May God forgive all the enemies of Nigeria and reward them with the evils they wish Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by jeruzi(m): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2019
majamajic:

we all believe in same God , our problem is not God , who's next after God ? God's sent to humankind ? this is our problem,

Africans are misunderstanding religion ,
you are talking about what you do not understand.
The God of the Christians is different from the gods of the muslim. The handwritings show throughout the Holy Bible and quran.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by majamajic(m): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2019
Mk12:
I guess all these stupid Christians don't know interfaith is a sin.
how can you unite with Muslim who are the major causes of Nigeria problem to pray against the problem

u see what am saying ??
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by ZADDY001: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2019
This is what God himself want
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Nwaide01: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2019
It pains me whenever I see people praying for the unity of this country instead of them praying for peace and progress what unity do they want between Hausa and Igbo, Yoruba and TiV,ijaw and Bini etc.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2019
Dis-integration is the best option for now!
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2019
majamajic:

u see what am saying ??
how will the prayer even go? some will be jumping and shouting while the other will be slamming their head against the ground?
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:08am On Aug 02, 2019
[quote undecided

author=GOFRONT post=80858599] grin[/quote]

One question please ? who is sponsoring all these Inter faith conferences and prayers? Is
It another more you look less you see agenda from Abba kyari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Dudeladude(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2019
So dem no invite babalawo abi... hmmm.. okay o.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by fortunechy(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2019
hypocritical sets of people.... disunity still remain the best way to solve Nigerian problem
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by AllenSpencer: 9:10am On Aug 02, 2019
Way to go. Not the dust the political parties we call CAN and MURIC do.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by sylve11: 9:10am On Aug 02, 2019
Nor be their fault.... cool
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by jeruzi(m): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2019
gratiaeo:
Waste of time. Nigeria problem is not spiritual but politians
The problem facing Nigeria is not physical but spiritual with one arm of its instrument being politics.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Emarex: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2019
majamajic:

we all believe in same God , our problem is not God , who's next after God ? God's sent to humankind ? this is our problem,

I was in one of the Arabic country in the middle East one time it was sallah festival , if in Lagos that day I will eat ram tire , so I was expecting 10 times of it since am in Arabic country, lo and behold I was disappointed , it's only a local head that killed one ram which he shared law at the mosque,

I was in a church in western world , I noticed that it's only elderly ones and kids was in the church , younger ones do attend heavily during festive time like Xmas , Easter, them no reach about 100 inside a World known cathedral on Sunday ,

where as in Naija only a church for my street beat that congregation hands down ,

of these two countries , they are better than Nigeria by far , God is with them , their young ones are so kind , they are far better off than Nigeria ,

then I asked myself , why ? ?
Allah is not God
Do your research there is another word for God in Arabic
Even in nairaland before you comment in an Islamic post you will be forced to believe that Allah is greater than God
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by EkunKekere: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2019
Where exactly in scripture did you find such nonsense? Better go back to Worshipping your impotent gods made of wood and stone. You obviously inherited your low IQ from somewhere.

HappyPagan:

Stop lying. One man's God is another's blasphemy

How can you say God bleeped a virgin in Israel and gave birth to your Savior? How does that even make sense if you aren't cursed with the mental disability called 'believe without questioning'?
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by jeruzi(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2019
RugaTerrorist:
Are they praying against 97% vs 5%?

TELL THEM THAT PRAYER DOESN'T WORK!
prayer to the true and living God works.......
You need to start doing it the right way to get result.
Jesus saves.....
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Akinbahm(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2019
majamajic:

I was in one of the Arabic country in the middle East one time it was sallah festival , if in Lagos that day I will eat ram tire , so I was expecting 10 times of it since am in Arabic country, lo and behold I was disappointed , it's only a local head that killed one ram which he shared law at the mosque,

I was in a church in western world , I noticed that it's only elderly ones and kids was in the church , younger ones do attend heavily during festive time like Xmas , Easter, them no reach about 100 inside a World known cathedral on Sunday ,

where as in Naija only a church for my street beat that congregation hands down ,

of these two countries , they are better than Nigeria by far , God is with them , their young ones are so kind , they are far better off than Nigeria ,

then I asked myself , why ? ?
Prove we believe in the same God and the illustration u gave how does it tally with @ Niminc post. in fact u r one of our problem in this country claiming to share solution and rather end of creating more problems...

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2019
jeruzi:
[s]prayer to the true and living God works.......
You need to start doing it the right way to get result.
Jesus saves.....[/s]

JEWISH MAN SAVES.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

1 Like

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=owukpa post=80858503]

The National Interfaith and Religious Organisations for Peace (NIFROP) has commenced a 40 days’ program of fasting and prayers for the unity of Nigeria. This was contained in a statement by Sheik Ahmad Jibrin, a Co-Convener at the Unity Fountain in Abuja.

He stated that the program is at the prompting of the spirit to pray for the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the General Election, having seen the revelation that he is God’s choice for ushering Nigeria into greatness.

“We give thanks to God that all that was promised Nigeria have come to pass. In spite of the drums of war beaten by those that were opposed to peace across the country, the Almighty silenced their fury, and the land survived the war and pestilence. The fruits of the evil being planned by those opposed to peace in Nigeria are the killings, kidnappings, banditry, and terrorism that often threaten to engulf the land. However, God has been faithful.” He stated.

The cleric further added that the former leaders in Nigerian need to sober reflect in their actions and inactions in the attempt to make Nigeria great again. “Our former leaders need deliverance. They have become as wise ones who do not know the way to the gate of the city. They seek to undo the damage of their reigns by glossing over the crimes they committed against the country without genuine contrition of heart but rather plying our dear nation with empty words and treatises that testify to their desire to have the present system fail.”

“Some past leaders have a hand in the killings across the country, and we must as God’s elect relay the message to them that they are being called to repent. They should release Nigeria from all the covens where they have taken the destiny of the country to so that things can again be well with them while the final palls of darkness over Nigeria can lift so that God’s glory can manifest and liberate the citizens whose quality of life they are holding hostage with their grip on stolen national resources and the lies they are telling to hold onto their spoils.”

Sheik Ahmad Jibrin also debunked the Islamization rumour making the rounds in the country, describing it as. the handiwork of distractors and those with skeletons in their cupboards.

“The fallacy of Islamization agenda that they have launched to pitch Christians against Muslims when, in reality, there is no Islamization agenda anywhere. What we have is the agenda by looters of Nigeria to escape the claws of the law that are closing upon them. What we have is the agenda by looters of Nigeria to escape the claws of the law that are closing upon them. They forget that they may pervert the human justice system, but they can never escape the justice of God. Their lie about Islamization is from the pit of hell and shall haunt them even in their hereafter.”

In a similar vein, the National Coordinator of NIFROP, Bishop Sunday Garuba in his remark stated that some former leaders in Nigeria need deliverance from their evil ways as manifest in the battles they have waged against the soul of Nigeria.

“Not to be forgotten in our prayers are our former leaders, who need deliverance, on account of those among them that are leading other agents of the devil to trouble the land. They have not only set loose demonic influences like the blood-sucking Boko Haram and IMN terrorists to kill Nigerians daily, but they have also covenanted with the devil to set Nigerians against each other with lies like their claim that there is an agenda by one religion or ethnic group to dominate others. This is the sheer manifestation of the devil.” He stated.

“It is these lies that they have crowned with the bigger lie called Islamization agenda, which has now been discovered to be aimed at inciting Nigerians to kill each other thinking that they are fighting for God’s name. They expected that Nigerians would cut each other’s throats as part of sectarian strife that would be triggered by the lie. However, we thank our God Almighty for sending the spirit of maturity into the hearts of Nigerians so that the expected damage did not occur.” He further stated.

Bishop Sunday Garuba in eulogizing the gathering stated that why the 40 days’ deliverance prayers are backed with fasting is essentially to intercede on behalf of Nigeria for God to deliver the country from evil.

“It is a time the faithful will be in supplication for God to touch the hearts of those that have decided that destruction is the only gift they can bequeath the country. It is an event that we will use to call down God’s fire to destroy all the problems that are militating against peace and development in Nigeria.”

“Those who are led to join us here at the Unity Fountain are welcome to do so daily for the duration of the 40 days of prayer and fasting. Those in other cities and those abroad can unite their faith with ours from wherever they might be, and our prayer Answering-God will still receive our requests and supplications. Let us lift our voices and ask for the demons of splintering, and disunity will not succeed in Nigeria

Who is begging them for unity prayer, we are tired of a sham united Nigeria. Rather let's split into acceptable regional units and develop based on the local capacities.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by EkunKekere: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2019
Any Christian with a conscience knows that thousands upon thousands of Christians have either been murdered, become IDPs, been captured or turned into slaves by MOOslims.

We all know the plight of Leah Sharibu and how dangerous it is to be a young Christian girl in Northern Nigeria.

Any Christian who thinks he shares commonality with MOOslims is nothing but a pathetic fool.

majamajic:

u see what am saying ??
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 9:23am On Aug 02, 2019
Simeony007:
We serve different Gods
can u proof this?
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by kareemkamil(m): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2019
Neminc:
Which God are the praying to? They don't believe in the same God

You have a big problem that one can solve
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by HappyPagan: 9:28am On Aug 02, 2019
EkunKekere:
Better go back to Worshipping your impotent gods made of wood and stone.
A man-made God vs a man-nailed one? Your Savior was killed by three nails... A true carpenter...

1 Like

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2019
Spirit of Disunity? Y'all are kidding right?...

I think it's more realistic to pray against the "Spirit of collective stupidity"....

How else does one explain the tragedy of February elections?...

Anyway, I sense the Man upstairs has more serious nations to prosper. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by Simeony007(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
can u proof this?

I just did go and read it again grin
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by ollah2: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2019
GOFRONT:
grin

Nigeria produces 10,000 Pastors, 3,000 Imams in a year.......Yet d Devil are in control of the country....

Nigerians are cursed people. Only Nigerians pray to solve their problems, the spiritual leaders will be like mumu people ensure you drop money before you go ooo while the political leades will be like una dey enjoy suffering and smiling and we ready suffer una well well

1 Like

Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by jeruzi(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2019
RugaTerrorist:

JEWISH MAN SAVES.

HA HA HA HA HA HA
I see your submission and reasoning.
It can not be denied that acts in the pictures are paganism and they are sinful. God forbids the creation and worship of an image. Referencing an image is idolatry not Christianity.

You need to know that there is a big difference between Catholicism and Christianity.

Catholicism (catholic church) is idol worshipping: from Mary, to the image of Mary to the image of Jesus, to saints and martyrs.

You just connect with God through your spirit.
Jesus is more than a Jewish man, He is a man chosen among all men. It just happened that He came from among the Jews.

Jesus loves you.
Jesus saves.
Re: NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria by jeruzi(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2019
ollah2:

Nigerians are cursed people. Only Nigerians pray to solve their problems, the spiritual leaders will be like mumu people ensure you drop money before you go ooo while the political leades will be like una dey enjoy suffering and smiling and we ready suffer una well well
that negative writeup of yours return to your head.
I and mine are not cursed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims Curse Jews And Christians 17 Times Each Day As Part Of The Salat / Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) / Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.