Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,773 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career (228 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career by kelophili23: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2019
I'm 33yrs old married man with 2 kids I'm a Carpenter and part time okada rider I really wanted to make it through the carpentry work but the works are not forth coming to provide enough for my family and plan for the future, I want to learn another handwork which can make me more busy and bring enough for my family but I don't know which handwork to learn and I have about #150,000 on me which I think it's not enough for me to start up a business and as the matter of fact I so much believe in handwork, please guys advice me what kind of handwork can I learn now and what kind of business I can do with the money with me, thanks I will be happy to hear your advice
Re: Career by kay9(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Do you live in a major city? In a populated residential area? You can consider going into laundry business. Mind you I have no experience with it, but I've heard quite a bit about its profitability. The way I hear, most important is learning the business first; see if you can apprentice for a few weeks with at another laundry to learn all about the business. Then talk with your wife (you truly need her support for any new venture), extended family, and good friend as per raising start up funds. You will likely need a good washing machine, a reliable pressing iron, and possibly a sizable generator (so our epileptic power don't make you disappoint your customers). And then of course, rent for your new shop.

I'd like to think that ₦300k - ₦500k should see you started - but don't let funds hinder you. Start with whatever you have and push, push, PUSH to succeed.

All the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Recruitment: Graphic Designer / Nigeria's Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye Appointed Surgeon-in-chief At Nationwide Children / What You Need To Know About The NEBOSH IGC Training & How To Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.