Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities (24849 Views)

Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) / Sit At Home: Obiano Monitors Economic Activities In Awka, Environs / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by kunmiiii: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Here you go again chestbeating over nothing, can we actually say this is some form of disability embedded in you guys DNA.

Do you know Onne port has been functioning even before now it’s just that it has low patronage?

Can you tell me where the market for goods is concentrated in Nigeria ?? Lagos right

If you import cars or other goods through the Onne port
Where are you gonna sell it at, mostly Lagos right considering the spending power of the people in Lagos.

If I import goods through Onne port, I still have to use ground transportation to take them back to Lagos right thereby incurring more transport cost and other miscellaneous. That form the major bulk why people prefer Lagos port.

Well let’s give it 3 years and we’ll all come back to see if your analogy is right or wrong judging by your last sentence.

They are very predictable, the hot air only ends on the keypads of their smart phones, Lagos has become an utopia to them.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Omudia11: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
Shut up and read the dam post. If you read it out won't be saying such nonsense.
seguno2:

Is it new or it has always been there but for some inexplicable reason, “your people” have preferred to use Lagos and complain anyhow.
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by TundeBricklayer: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
Okoyeeboz:
[/quote]

[quote author=YorubaHero12 post=80871335]
I really don’t know much about the history of Onne port to be honest unless if I read it up.
Please can you tell me why Jonathan did not rehabilitate the port when he was president to make it the economic hub and reduce the dominance of the Lagos port?

I’m waiting for your reply.

Your tribes so much love president Buhari he didn't get landslide victory in Southwest, he lost in two states in West and win with small margins in remaining three, you guys are funny, see the way you and your likes are pushing as southeast and South-south are the only regions opposition party exist and hate PMB, with all Buhari did for you guys and your tribe's man on the ticket, he managed to win some states in Southwest, and your tribe's men are always insulting him on media, you guys are first class ingrate.

We appreciate what he is doing in the East, any project he is executing in the east you guys will be writing rubbish as all the Igbos hate him, I know these projects seriously paining you guys grin bitter tribe
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Omudia11: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2019
Did they also bury your placenta on Nigeria Delta oil?
Inflammatory:

They will use Onne port and transport their goods by land to Lagos since that's the place they buried their placentas... grin grin grin grin
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by kunmiiii: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
Omudia11:
How is it noise when people clamour for equity and justice?

Oh! You think constituting nuisance allover the cyber space with an utter distain and hatred for other tribes is how to clamour for equity and justice

The Igbos will continue to roam a barren land, and will eventually have no place to call home by the time erosion is done with that landlocked area called the South East.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by groovie(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
This news is useless. How can 2 cranes help that port now? Mobile cranes o.
Btw those pictures are not from onne port.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by otokx(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2019
The road from Onne to Port Harcourt s one of the world's best kept secret nightmare.

Sections of the east west road to Akwa Ibom have been abandoned.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by kettykin: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Here you go again chestbeating over nothing, can we actually say this is some form of disability embedded in you guys DNA.

Do you know Onne port has been functioning even before now it’s just that it has low patronage?

Can you tell me where the market for goods is concentrated in Nigeria ?? Lagos right

Where are you gonna sell it at, mostly Lagos right considering the spending power of the people in Lagos.

If I import goods through Onne port, I still have to use ground transportation to take them back to Lagos right thereby incurring more transport cost and other miscellaneous. That form the major bulk why people prefer Lagos port.

Well let’s give it 3 years and we’ll all come back to see if your analogy is right or wrong judging by your last sentence.
Ok
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by goldenarrow: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2019
Okoyeeboz:

Story.

Stealer Oduah opened an international airport for you in the SE. What are you guys still doing in Murtala Muhammed Airport?

@ Stealer, Stella . LWKM.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by TundeBricklayer: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
kunmiiii:

Oh! You think constituting nuisance allover the cyber space with an utter distain and hatred for other tribes is how to clamour for equity and justice

The Igbos will continue to roam a barren land, with no place to call home by the time erosion is done with that landlocked area called the South East.
Soon Lagos and the rest will be wipe by ocean, Otondo I thought I educated you on Landlock
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by TundeBricklayer: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
groovie:
This news is useless. How can 2 cranes help that port now? Mobile cranes o.
Btw those pictures are not from onne port.
They added two Cranes

1 Like

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by loadeddice: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
...a new hub that has no good access road to it at the moment...

If only you guys know how terrible the roads are to get to onne ports from port Harcourt, you would shift this discussion from the ports to the roads leading to the ports.

Ask people who stay in port Harcourt and work in onne ports their experience withing the last 72 hours going to and coming from work.

5 Likes

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by grandstar(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2019
This is good new. Those who dislike Yoruba's (whome they call Afonja's) can now heave a sigh of relief grin

I was thinking one day I'd like to delve into exports and felt the bedlam at Apapa will defeat that purpose. Not anymore.

My biggest fear, and anyone's biggest fear, is that it's very success not lead to its ruin. The country already has a precedent.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Omudia11: 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
Don't speak of things you know nothing about.

I'm very sure you didn't read the article.
Otherwise can you tell us why One port had low patronage for all these years ?
Do you think people suddenly just decided overnight that they would start using it? Or do you think it's suddenly doing 20% better due to magic?

It's people like you that comment without reading. Go back and read the article and you'll see the reason why the port only began doing well recently.

And please, not every importer has Lagos as their target market. The One port like the article has pointed out is more easily accessible to the SS, SE, NC, NE than other regions. These regions comprise of over 130m+ people if you didn't know that. So, Lagos is not the only market in Nigeria.
YorubaHero12:

1 Like

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Blue3k(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2019
seguno2:

Is it new or it has always been there but for some inexplicable reason, “your people” have preferred to use Lagos and complain anyhow.

These guys are talk crazy. Its a fact its only them that didn't know these facts. They believed their own propaganda. Lol thats why the jumped for joy when Ambode said open eastern ports.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by groovie(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

They added two Cranes
They had those cranes previously.
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Omudia11: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
Learn to read, comprehend and not beat around the bush when asked questions. I didn't mention igbo in my post and I'm sure you thought I was igbo hence this senseless bashing of igbos and igboland from you.

I asked a simple question, "how is it noise when people clamour for equity and justice"? and you went on bashing igbos and calling their land barren. Are you always this stvpid or is it only on Fridays?
[s]
kunmiiii:

The Igbos will continue to roam a barren land, and will eventually have no place to call home by the time erosion is done with that landlocked area called the South East.
[/s]
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Shuku0kukobambi: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

If feel your pain, I know people from your region will not be happy reading this report grin grin

At least, now you can beat your chest and claim you're free from Yoruba oppression with apapa port? Now at long last, you can create that wonderful economy and Utopia that Yoruba
have prevented you from having with the ports monopoly. I don't want to hear about yoruba not wanting the opening up of other ports again o cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Omudia11: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
So not having a fully functional port and advocating for something to be done to that effect means we hate Yorubas?
grandstar:
This is good new. Those who dislike Yoruba's (whome they call Afonja's) can now heave a sigh of relief grin

I was thinking one day I'd like to delve into exports and felt the bedlam at Apapa will defeat that purpose. Not anymore.

My biggest fear, and anyone's biggest fear, is that it's very success not lead to its ruin. Nigeria already have a precedent.
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by ruggedtimi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
This port and Indorama causing heavy gridlock along the akpajo east west road axis

1 Like

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Mace0lane: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
When the messager is a bigoted lunatic of immense proportions attacking the cursed of foolishness he inherited from birth is a welcome development

kettykin:

Why are you attacking the messenger and not the message , do you realise that this same Buhari refuces to rehabilitate the Onne Port when he was the Head of state in 1984 and rehabilitated only Lagos Ports

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by TundeBricklayer: 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
groovie:

They had those cranes previously.
Go and read the report
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by seguno2: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:
Port Development , like Power and Rail was taken out of the development of private sector until recently that power was given back to the private sector because the Goverment could not maintain and run an efficient power sector

What have the senators and representatives from the zone done for over 20 years in Abuja about amending the relevant laws

6 Likes

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by grandstar(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:
Watch how the Nigeria's economic fulcrum will tilt all of a sudden

If the truth be told, if the country's economy was running at full throttle, all the ports in this country will not be able to handle all the cargoes coming in and out of the country.

A tilt won't be bad as it will shift a lot of pressure from Lagos which will be dumped on the the South South and South East. Prosperity there will serve the country well. I might not even mind moving there.

As for displacing Lagos, that'll be very difficult. California, America's Lagos State, is still the economic powerhouse of the US despite too much regulations and heavy taxes. Los Angeles is still going on strongly, despite lousy schools, heavy taxes, overly rigid planning regulations that stifle the number of houses that can be built leading to sky high rents.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by NothingDoMe: 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
Blue3k:

Your memory bad I said can take larger vesses because its actually deeper than alot of ports. I also said its one of busiest according to NPA stats. Tell another lie clown. It seem you and brothers are tired of preaching about how bad eastern ports now. Im glad yall have seen the light.
You are normally well composed and articulate. Wetin come happen to you today?
Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Jaideyone(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:

Jonathan pursued an all embracing developmental program devoid of ethnic sentiments and did not focus development on his Niger Delta region, thinking this would please his critics and make them realise he is detribalised. i really blame Jonathan for this . Jonathan pleased his critics and displeased his people.
this line is stale and foolish. so Jonathan neglected his major supporters and his people to prove a senseless point? so he has to neglect his people to take care of others? what a foolish excuse

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Blue3k(m): 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
NothingDoMe:
You are normally well composed and articulate. Wetin come happen to you today?

I dont like people lying about my statements. Besides everything I said is facts. Did these same people claim the ports are closed or not functional? Lol this same reason they worshiped ambode saying ports open eastern ports.

If im lying expose me please. None of them have denied or refuted my facts yet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by grandstar(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2019
Omudia11:
So not having a fully functional port and advocating for something to be done to that effect means we hate Yorubas?

I am not saying you hate Yorubas. I am saying some of you do. My statement was directed to ignorant ones that believe in conspiracy theories that hold no water. They've long blame Yoruba's about the situation in Eastern ports and when you tell them it's not so, they scream the house down.

They scream Yoruba Muslims are behind the plot or whatever. If you've lived in a Yoruba city for long, you'll realise that no dichotomy between Yoruba Muslims and Christians.

No vex my brother.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by Jaideyone(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:

Port Development , like Power and Rail was taken out of the development of private sector until recently that power was given back to the private sector because the Goverment could not maintain and run an efficient power sector
clown
so 11 years that intels used to manage onne port is what you call recently? how come we are just seeing results? you are just an agent of misinformation

learn to give credit when you see progress. your destiny is not to oppose everything buhari does

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by NothingDoMe: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont like people lying about my statements. Besides everything I said is facts. Did these same people claim the ports are closed or not functional? Lol this same reason they worshiped ambode saying ports open eastern ports.

If im lying expose me please. None of them have denied or refuted my facts yet.
Oya e don do. Nor vex. I dey enjoy your posts so nor allow annoyance spoil the enjoyment cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities by NGpatriot: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:

Why are you attacking the messenger and not the message , do you realise that this same Buhari refuces to rehabilitate the Onne Port when he was the Head of state in 1984 and rehabilitated only Lagos Ports

And Nigeria didn't have presidents and heads of state since 1984.

Talk about taking hatred to the next level.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Constituents Disown Orji Kalu For Advocating Muslim/muslim Ticket For Tinubu / World Class Abuja Centenary City Under Construction / #wakawakabuhari Trending On Twitter (tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.