Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo (468 Views)

Buhari’s N20b Budget For President’s Medical Unit Exceeds 14 Teaching Hospitals / Airstrike In Yobe: Buni Directs Govt Hospitals To Cater For Wounded Victims / Nine Varsities To Get Solar Plant, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo by todaysecho: 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2019
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has revealed that the Federal Government aims to commission a Solar Hybrid Power Plant for 37 Federal Universities and & Teaching hospitals in the country within the next four years.

Osinbajo was speaking during the commissioning of the 2.8 MW decentralized solar hybrid power plant at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo(FUNAI)

Today’s Echo gathers that the project is the initiative of the Rural Electrification Across Nigeria(REA)

According to Damilola Ogunbiyi, MD/CEO, REA, in a bid to foster female participation in the power sector, under the EEP STEM Female Internship Programme, 20 female students at FUNAI, received technical and practical training during the construction phase of this project.

“I am proud of the young women here today,under the EEP female STEM internship programme, who have been undergoing practical training in the construction of a captive power plant & renewables workshop/training center, as well as in the installation of streetlights.

“I stand before you all today with a deep sense of pride and honor knowing that we have all collaborated to bring positive change to our educational system,” Osinbajo said.

Today’s Echo gathered that the Solar Hybrid Power project currently powers 287 street lights installed at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ebonyi state spanning 7.5km.
The project is expected to provide sustainable decentralized energy to the entire campus, improve education and create a better university experience for both students and staff.

Expressing his delight with the project, Osinbajo said:
“It is our duty to aid students to accomplish their goals by providing a conducive learning environment for them. I am glad to be a part of this great feat as we commission this 2.8 MW decentralized solar hybrid power plant.”

He also revealed that the project will be replicated across the country.

“This multi-beneficial project is the first to be commissioned of 37 federal universities and 7 teaching hospitals, that this administration will implement under its Energizing Education Programme in the next 4 years.

“We will also be commissioning the projects at Bayero University Kano (BUK), Kano State and Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State over the next couple of months,” Osinbajo said.

https://www.todaysecho.com/

Re: 37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo by bizza45: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
after una go tell me say this one get sense !!
Re: 37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo by Aonkuuse(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
Slowly electricity will be diversified from Hydro to solar energy, private individuals and organisations should follow suit and in no time we will stop complaining of power in this country. This government is going in the right direction on this one if wailing is not in your blood then don't criticise
Re: 37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo by Simplyleo: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
God bless my president comes 29 May 23.

Hausas love you 
Igbos love you (not ipob miscreants)
Yorubas love you
Fulanis love you
Itsekiris love you
Urhobos love you
Igalas love you
Kanuris love you 
Benis love you
To mention but a few.

The coast is clear for the star boy

Pls children of perdition should concentrate on athifku cum and shouldn't quote me, I'm not feeling fine.  angry
Re: 37 FG Universities, 7 Teaching Hospitals To Get Solar Power Plants: Osinbajo by DisGuy: 1:17am On May 29, 2020

How far....

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Reveals Why Omoyele Sowore Was Arrested / President Buhari Has Ruined Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar / Revealed: Why DSS Wants Sowore Caged For 90 Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.