Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics (13526 Views)

Stop Using Me To Make Money From Obaseki - Oshiomhole Tells Philip Shaibu / We Won't Share Power With PDP - Oshiomhole Tells APC Rep-Elect / "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by MGab25(m): 12:45am On Aug 03, 2019
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has told those accusing him of being too combative as the National Chairman of a governing party to keep their cool as he was not about to change his approach because he did not join politics to be changed by the way things are done by politicians.

Oshiomhole said his long stay in Labour taught him to be combative, stressing that he did not join politics to be changed or commit class suicide, but to impose his own ways of doing things.

He also said he was of the view that diplomacy will not address the challenges facing the country, adding that only an aggressive engagement can force those benefiting from the status-quo to change in such a way that will make the country better.

Oshiomhole said: “whatever I am doing today, my style and choice of what I do and what I abstain from doing, I owe to Labour. If you study the Nigerian media, there is this saying that as national chairman of a governing party, I am not supposed to be combative. I am even more convinced now about the need for combat.

“If this country is going to change and deliver to the poor, deliver decent jobs, we need not diplomacy, but aggressive engagement to force those who are benefiting from the status quo to change and in such a way that will make the country to work for the people who live on their wages.

“Some people said to me that I am too combative and I said to them that I was not coming to copy their method, but coming to impose my method to change the system and not for the system to change me. I refuse to be changed by the system. My hope is that with more comrades coming into politics, we will work together to change the system for a better future.

“I am very proud of my background, as a factory hand, as a factory organiser, as a General Secretary of Textile Workers and as President of NLC. Some people said I have I cross over and I ask, to where? I just continue with the struggle. I move from conveying my grievances with placards and organising strikes with protest and pressure, to trying my hands on the drivers wheel, to try to do those things that I try to communicate with placards and then use executive pen to get them done.”

Read More Here- http://www.kangolblog.com/i-was-trained-to-be-combative-adams-oshiomhole-tell-critics/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by MGab25(m): 12:45am On Aug 03, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Myhusband(m): 1:00am On Aug 03, 2019
and the boosting continue. na arrogant go relieved you from their chairman job wey dey shark you las las

why will a chairman of an incumbent party be talking like Mc oluomo? both secondus and this village ram have no business in being in the chairmanship position of a majority parties

if you lack diplomatic approaches then how do you intend to carry your party stakeholders along as they can't all agree to every of your ideas. this man need Democratic reasoning

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by bestman09(m): 10:07am On Aug 03, 2019
smiley
The baboon and his boasts!

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Biritiko: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2019
Myhusband:
and the boosting continue. na arrogant go relieved you from their chairman job wey dey shark you las las

why will a chairman of an incumbent party be talking like Mc oluomo? both secondus and this village ram have no business in being in the chairmanship position of a majority parties

if you lack diplomatic approaches then how do you intend to carry your party stakeholders along as they can't all agree to every of your ideas. this man need Democratic reasoning
What’s your point exactly??

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by johnkay1(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2019
Okay sir
Continue
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by semyman: 10:08am On Aug 03, 2019
And loquacious?
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by blujoi(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2019
Bishop of APC saints!!! I hail ohhh cheesy

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by LeeAshava(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2019
Then why not go lead the team at sambisa forest

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by iamswizz(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2019
thanks to your party for lifting 5 million people out of poverty.. grin

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Stephendeals: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2019
If this country is going to change and deliver to the poor, deliver decent jobs, we need not diplomacy, but aggressive engagement to force those who are benefiting from the status quo to change and in such a way that will make the country to work for the people who live on their wages.

It is because of the above statement that some people are shouting #RevolutionNow because the government of the day is not delivery on these issues plus insecurity is on the increase and they dont see end in sight with the way things are done currently

Nigeria is a classic example of what was portrayed by George orwell in Animal Farm, and Oshiomole just fit well into a character in the novel

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Bossontop(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2019
undecided
An "attack dog" u mean.......but e nor consyn me

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by jimharry21(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2019
Best form of defense especially in Nigeria is attack.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by xcommando(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2019
Were se eh
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by OTayobami(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2019
grin
LeeAshava:
Then why not go lead the team at sambisa forest

cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Amuocha: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2019
Useless thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2019
Trained by Nigeria military?
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by StoneLucifer: 10:12am On Aug 03, 2019
Arrogance is common with short men. To them, its a defensive mechanism to be relevant...I hate short men and women anyway!!! :- undecided undecided
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 03, 2019
Amuocha:
Useless thing

i even hate him more than buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by kings09(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2019
Ok oo. Anyway na ur gain
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by PrinceKevin01: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2019
MGab25:
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has told those accusing him of being too combative as the National Chairman of a governing party to keep their cool as he was not about to change his approach because he did not join politics to be changed by the way things are done by politicians.

Oshiomhole said his long stay in Labour taught him to be combative, stressing that he did not join politics to be changed or commit class suicide, but to impose his own ways of doing things.
more comrades coming into politics, we will work together to change the system for a better future.

This this is using this medium to tell the world, he has fallen out with Osho
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by MrBONE2(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2019
COMBATIVE grin

Obaseke ,Enemies and CO hayaaf finished

grin

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by kingsclass: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2019
Continue with your combative nature, you should remember what happened to you at the garden of Eden, where you fell from grace to grass.
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by PrinceKevin01: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2019
StoneLucifer:
Arrogance is common with short men. To them, its a defensive mechanism to be relevant...I hate short men and women anyway!!! :- undecided undecided
you can say that again
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by Neddstark: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2019
We need more men like him. Uncoated grin

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by naijadrivablog: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2019
Combatant!
Re: ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics by being(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2019
Then go and combat buhari to make him stop.the killings, the poverty and directionlessness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku’s Adama Beverages Company Reverses Sack Of Protesting Staff / There Will Be Consequences If Miyetti Allah Disobeys Open Grazing Laws— Agbekoya / Aregbesola & Folorunso Alakija Rocking Convocation Gown At Osun Convocation(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.