Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates (607 Views)

The Moment Sowore Was Released By DSS (Video) / How Sowore Was Manhandled And Re-Arrested By The DSS (Video) / Oshiomhole, Malami, SGF Plotting To Unseat Saraki Using Gestapo Methods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates by Justofofo: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2019
Sowore’s driver narrates encounter with DSS, says convener of #RevolutionNow was arrested at the gym.

In a social media post, the driver of Omoyele Sowore, convener of RevolutionNow Protest, who refused to disclose his identity, said Sowore caught without noticed and picked up with force in a “gestapo manner”.

“At around past 1am, the armed men knocked on the door. I noticed immediately that these knocks were strange. And didn’t open. I looked and I saw men armed to the teeth,” he wrote.

“They started forcing their way in like armed robbers. But I knew they were DSS men, knowing fully well the attention RevolutionNow has garnered. Sowore wanted to open at first but I immediately told him who they are. He retreated and like magic, he was not in the room when they forced their way in- 8 of them.

“That was when he managed to tweet. By this time, I had been beaten and handcuffed. Phones were snatched from me. An order to block all exits came from the leader when Sowore was not found inside. He was later arrested at the gym in a gestapo manner and dragged after a bit altercation.”

Narrating how he rushed to pick Sowore’s car when the cuffs were off his hands, the driver said the security operatives later threatened to shoot him for trying to prevent Sowore’s arrest.

“I quickly seized that opportunity to drive his car (I drive him) to block their SIENNA and Hilux they came in. They hit the Lexus Jeep like kidnappers would do to make way for themselves,” he wrote.

I followed them immediately till we got to CMD road around Ketu when one of them came down from the SIENNA and corked his gun, threatening to shoot me. I had to escape at that point.”

Sowore, a presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), had tweeted hours to his arrest that; “All that is needed for a #Revolution is for the oppressed to choose a date they desire for liberty, not subjected to the approval of the oppressor.”

Peter Afunanya, spokesman of the DSS, did not immediately respond to message seeking updates on the arrest.

Source: https://justofofo.com.ng/how-sowore-was-arrested-in-a-gestapo-manner-sowore-driver/

Re: How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates by BianoJay(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hmm
Re: How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates by Outreachms: 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hmmmmm all Freedom fighters should expert things like this
Re: How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates by mgbadike81: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun. Nigeria matter don tire me completely.
Re: How Sowore Was Arrested In A ‘gestapo Manner’ — Sowore Driver Narrates by Raysleek: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2019
These actions of the govt is just like pouring petrol on fire

(1) (Reply)

Sahara Reporter:Igbo Miscreants Kidnapping, Killing, Disguising As Fulanis / Lagos Is The Most Dangerous City To Live In The World - New Report / Gbemi Saraki Offers 15 Students Of Fuo Otuoke Bayelsa Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.