Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Sowore's Arrest ...between Dss Vs Lawyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore's Arrest ...between Dss Vs Lawyers (576 Views)

Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sowore's Arrest ...between Dss Vs Lawyers by maxman01: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
WHAT TRANSPIRED BETWEEN THE DSS AND MR. OMOYELE SOWORE'S LAWYER

This is more of a news piece and it does not form an opinion piece. However, I feel it may be useful for your media outfit if you find worthy of publishing.

It is no longer news that Mr. Omoyele Sowore was arrested by the DSS earlier hours today and I am representing him as his Lawyer over that incidence.

As Lawyer to Mr. Omoyele Sowore, Publisher of Sahara Reporters, I visited the DSS office af CMD Road, Ketu, Lagos together with other notable Nigerians. Mr. Sowore had been arrested in a "gestapo' manner in the early hours of today.

When we got to the DSS office, we were denied entrance into the Police Building arrogantly. As much as I persuaded them that the "accused" has lawful right of access to his Lawyer as enshrined under Section 35 (2) of the 1999 Constitution, my advice fell on the deaf ears of the Police Officers who claimed that their boss wasn't around and I have to wait till Monday (working day) before I could be let in. 

It was a rather brief visit due to the unwelcoming disposition of the officers who we met at the entrance. I regard this 'arrest' as more of an abduction than any other thing. This illicit act is worthy of condemnation. 

The Nigerian Police continues to represent itself as an organisation with minimal regard for human rights.

Tope Akinyode is Head of Legal Team AAC Lagos and was the Personal Lawyer to Mr. Omoyele Sowore over this arrest.

1 Share

Re: Sowore's Arrest ...between Dss Vs Lawyers by Niaja4real(m): 8:20am On Aug 04, 2019
So na inside room una dey do the revolution now abi?
Tell Sowore that I said, he (Sowore) was "VERY VERY INSTRUMENTAL & ONE OF THE ARROWHEADS" that helped brought this government onboard via his media outfit "SaharaReporters"
Tell him again that I said, when u help a monster to the throne, u might end up in the monster's belly when he want to consolidate himself on the throne.
Remind Sowore to stew well in his pains.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo In Secret Meeting With Fulani Group Over Killings In Nigeria (photos) / Aisha Yesufu Blow Hot On Buhari, Nigerian Police Force (Video) / You Can’t Pocket Me, I’m Not Dollars – Wike Fires At Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.