|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,136,293 members, 7,754,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 03 March 2024 at 11:45 AM
|Research Assistant Wanted In Lagos With A Research Consulting Firm by databoy247(m): 7:12am On Aug 04, 2019
OPTION TO WORK FROM YOUR HOUSE AND ATTEND PHYSICAL MEETINGS ONCE A WEEK.
Qualification: Undergraduate degree in Law/Public International Law/International Relations/Political science
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Age bracket: Minimum of 22 years of age.
We are a research company with interests in academics, democracy, human rights, governance, state-building, justice, peacebuilding, conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), sexual based gender violence and studies in gender equality.
Due to an increase in projects and demand from clients, we are looking to engage a new research assistant to work with us.
If you are a fresh graduate (or maybe you have up to 3 years working experience) and you are passionate about research, then you may be the one we are looking for.
The opportunity is a one year contract and you should be based in Lagos. For now, we embrace the remote working model. This means you are free to work from your location (or anywhere you like in Lagos). However, you’ll make yourself available for weekly face-to-face meetings. Other communication will be done via the usual digital channels – Email, phone, Social Media, Slack or Skype.
We expect you to have a work culture that translates to passion, consistency, and absolute dedication. Working remotely also means you have to be fully committed. There is no exception to this.
Most assignments will be an on-call basis. You should also be able to handle facilitation training majorly on research skills.
Compensation is N50,000 monthly.
More importantly, you will be expected to work on any research assignment or studies or work assigned to you. And a three weeks notification MUST be given if there’s the need to terminate the contract agreement.
What we specifically need from you;
You should have the following competencies:
• Applied knowledge in identifying primary and secondary sources for the subject matter/chosen case study
• Ability to compile a literature review for the chosen case study
• Knowledge of academic literature that is relevant to the case study or subject matter or chosen topic
• Awareness of the conflict situations subsisting in Africa
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Meet proposed deadlines
• Demonstrated success in being able to make presentations at seminars, workshops, and conferences
• Possess organizational skills in organizing seminars, workshops, and conferences
• Assist the principal consultant in research work
• Give weekly reports on research work or research studies
• Review the relevant literature and materials
• Read, summarize and write a report on chosen case study
• Read, summarize and write a summary on chosen court cases for research assignments
• Respond to queries about research work directed at the consultancy
• Perform other duties as it relates to research assignments
• Analytical Skills
• Critical skills for problem-solving
• Good writing and communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Demonstrated interests in democracy, human rights, governance, state-building, justice, peacebuilding, conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV), sexual based gender violence and studies in gender equality.
If you think you can handle this, send your application and a link to any research article/publication you have written (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: Research Assistant Wanted In Lagos With A Research Consulting Firm by databoy247(m): 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
|Re: Research Assistant Wanted In Lagos With A Research Consulting Firm by databoy247(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2019
|Re: Research Assistant Wanted In Lagos With A Research Consulting Firm by sangresan(m): 1:28am On Aug 10, 2019
Pls, can I apply?
I'm a graduate of Mathematical Science with a knack for research. I work as a freelance writer and translator on iwriter as well as Moravia.
I have handled various projects relating to contemporary political and social issues. Just last month, I helped a group of MBA students, in Canada, write their research papers on "The Political and Social Effects of Climate Change on the People of Canada".
My key strength is that I read wide and able to write about a wide range of topics in social discourse. I'm also a very good researcher having being trained to investigate and solve complex problems.
It'll be a great honour to be considered for this role.
I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
|Re: Research Assistant Wanted In Lagos With A Research Consulting Firm by wanderrerr: 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
^^Its better to try,since the email is available,it won't cost a thing.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12