Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

bugs - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / bugs (12762 Views)

Bed Bugs Infestations In Lagos / How To Eradicate Bed Bugs Drom Your Apartment Diy / Bed Bugs In My House: Any Remedy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: bugs by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
Amuocha:
But where is lalasticlala sef angry

This government sef

Where BBN and Regina Daniels dey make serious wave, na ordinary bedbug dem go come put for front page? E be like say u no know as e dey go for here!
Re: bugs by suco01(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
damesilver:
Thanks @all for your contributions.

Many of these things too have been tried. Chairs sold, wall repainted, spraying the entire house with DD force.

Sometimes the bugs even come to you when you sleep on the bare tiled floor. The other thing is that they know how to hide. You won't see them until the dead of the night crawling out to bay for blood.

At a point I suspected the thing was beyond ordinary. They can send you away from your home. You begin to get depressed anytime you want to go to your own home. Haa

Try to know their host first. Pesticide/insecticide works but High heat temperature is the permanent solution
Re: bugs by suco01(m): 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
simplyglow:

A trial will convince you
It doesn't even cost much
But be careful of where you place them incase you have little kids at home, to avoid them swallowing it.

Camphor doesn't do anything to bedbugs

1 Like

Re: bugs by izzou(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
ichidodo:
You can try breeding wall geckos or lizards to feed on these insects...

undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: bugs by donvicky2007: 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2019
The best way to eradicate bedbug is with sniper, but you have to make sure you soak all your clothes, bedsheets and pillowcase in hot water and hypo or jik. Bed bugs crawls, so spray all your furniture, foam the edges that is where they hide same with your pillows. make sure your bed doesn't touch the wall, if you are using a bed frame get a cover of a cream put petroleum jelly cream (vaseline) inside of it and place the stands (legs) of your bed on it (reason it that no crawling insect can move on a sticky substance and make sure you spray your foam and bedframe very withappy sniper before placing the stands or legs of your bedframe on a cover that contains petroleum jelly, you can do same to your chairs and sofa, that way your bed and sofa is free from the demons) spray the walls of your apartment and any cracks in your house (they lay eggs on the walls) scrub the floor of your house with hot water, detergent and hypo or jik (no living organism or insect can survive in hypo or jik when they come in contact with it,make sure it is highly concentrated ).
Note: you will spray your your apartment continuously for at least a month. Spray your wardrobes, shoes, bags and anything spray-able.

1 Like

Re: bugs by donvicky2007: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
damesilver:
I have bought it oh... I hope it's corrected placed.

However I did a search online about using naphthalene for bedbug but findings show that they do not work effectively for bedbugs. But I'll sha try first. I pray it works in my case.

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-is-it-so-hard-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-1968389
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 8:43am On Aug 06, 2019
Night 1

No serious attack all through the night. At around 3 - 4 am, I couldn't find any around the bed and the walls, nothing.

However, upon waking this morning I perceived a bite around my upper arm. Then I saw a tiny bedbug laying obviously weak on my bed spread, it was already drying. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: bugs by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2019
damesilver:
Night 1

No serious attack all through the night. At around 3 - 4 am, I couldn't find any around the bed and the walls, nothing.

However, upon waking this morning I perceived a bite around my upper arm. Then I saw a tiny bedbug laying obviously weak on my bed spread, it was already drying. Thanks.

Wawu shocked

This is getting interesting

2 Likes

Re: bugs by tayo60(f): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
damesilver:

Haaaa. Are you serious? If this is really true bros, heaven will bless you. I'll definitely try this. Thank you thank you.. I'm tired of buying sniper and all these half measures.... How come this method is not widely known cuz I believe a lot of people are having this problem but may not voice out openly.

It is rampant in school hostels. That's the cause of two girls fighting over spraying of sniper in OAU last week.

Thank you very much sir..i am really grateful.. In fact I've not tried this but I read it with relieve and joy in my heart.

I will surely come back here to thank you later.. Sorry that I misplaced your gender cuz of my elation. If not that you are married already, I for vie for to you.. Smiles
You can as well try pineapples. Peel the back and the entire body into smaller pieces and drop it anywhere in the house. U can as well rub the fleshy part on any hidden place they normally hide be it on d chair, cabinet, bed, table e t c. The smell of pineapples drive them away.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: bugs by nurey(m): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
damesilver:
Night 1

Sniper works but doesn't eradicate them. There eggs are tiny and layed in cracks where sniper can't penetrate.

The solution to bed bug is to fight them in all rooms including living room you can leave kitchen and toilet.

Then get yourself an engineer heat gun those handheld used by phone engineer to heat phone panel and an extension long enough to follow you and maneuver. Use the heat on wood and metal surfaces and see them and their egg fry to pieces then get kerosene mix GO90 into it 2 bottles to 1 or 2L kerosene and spray. I use coke 1L bottle and nail to make a small hole on the cork and I spray without mercy.

Do these often if you have children who bed wet and you will become bed bug free

1 Like

Re: bugs by Coldplay007(f): 2:04am On Aug 07, 2019
damesilver:
Thanks @all for your contributions.

Many of these things too have been tried. Chairs sold, wall repainted, spraying the entire house with DD force.

Sometimes the bugs even come to you when you sleep on the bare tiled floor. The other thing is that they know how to hide. You won't see them until the dead of the night crawling out to bay for blood.

At a point I suspected the thing was beyond ordinary. They can send you away from your home. You begin to get depressed anytime you want to go to your own home. Haa

Consistency is kick.. try what the guy wrote up there... then every three weeks.. use 1 bottle of big sniper,dilutred for maintenance for the next 3 months..
You need to realise you people have infected every place you go with bedbugs, you keep reintroducing it back to your house after every elimination..

The eggs also keep hatching, hence why you need the maintenance..
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2019
Night 2

Everything went well. No attack, nothing nothing..

8 Likes

Re: bugs by descartes400: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
damesilver:
Night 2

Everything went well. No attack, nothing nothing..

Don't the scent of the camphor sting or irritate your nosery to the point of having running nose? undecided
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
Coldplay007:

Consistency is kick.. try what the guy wrote up there... then every three weeks.. use 1 bottle of big sniper,dilutred for maintenance for the next 3 months..
You need to realise you people have infected every place you go with bedbugs, you keep reintroducing it back to your house after every elimination..

The eggs also keep hatching, hence why you need the maintenance..

Which is more effective, between naphthalene balls (camphor) and sniper? Have you tried camphor before?
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
descartes400:

Don't the scent of the camphor sting or irritate your nosery to the point of having running nose? undecided

Nope. Not at all.
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
nurey:

Sniper works but doesn't eradicate them. There eggs are tiny and layed in cracks where sniper can't penetrate.

The solution to bed bug is to fight them in all rooms including living room you can leave kitchen and toilet.

Then get yourself an engineer heat gun those handheld used by phone engineer to heat phone panel and an extension long enough to follow you and maneuver. Use the heat on wood and metal surfaces and see them and their egg fry to pieces then get kerosene mix GO90 into it 2 bottles to 1 or 2L kerosene and spray. I use coke 1L bottle and nail to make a small hole on the cork and I spray without mercy.

Do these often if you have children who bed wet and you will become bed bug free

What's your thoughts on camphor, just camphor only, in eradicating bedbug?
Re: bugs by nurey(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
damesilver:

What's your thoughts on camphor, just camphor only, in eradicating bedbug?

never heard of it's use before. but it's in identical family of the hydrocarbon
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 2:52am On Aug 08, 2019
Night 3

well, night 3 is still in progress and so far so good, all has been well. No sight or feel of bedbug presence. I'm still observing by the way, nevertheless, it's a miracle the way this wonder balls works, judging by my experience of how hard it is to keep bedbugs away.

I saw one lying motionless at the window top since yesterday. I just left it on its own. Those bastards are the definition of cowards

Thanks to madam simpleglow.

13 Likes

Re: bugs by butterfly777(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2019
damesilver:
Night 1

What is the situation now. Pls update your people here. We need the info of your camphor trial too oo.
Re: bugs by DenreleDave(m): 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
damesilver:
It's been more than 4 years now we have been battling with bedbug infestation at home. Even at school or other places a member of the family moves to they follow.

Several methods have been employed yet they do not go. Whoever has experienced bedbugs would know that these little creature are as deadly as Boko Haram.

They aim for your blood, hide in dark places and crevices. They disrupt your sleep, your life and you begin to live in perpetual fear. This is serious.

I've tried the traditional science of taking some live bugs to the market, yet doesn't work. A lot of money has been spent on Sniper, DD force, etc, despite that they come with their attendant health consequences due to exposure.

Please help oh..

You can't get rid of them, you run away from them..leave that house for them.. That's the best solution, dem suffer me and my family oooo..
Re: bugs by achorladey: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
damesilver:
It's been more than 4 years now we have been battling with bedbug infestation at home. Even at school or other places a member of the family moves to they follow.

Several methods have been employed yet they do not go. Whoever has experienced bedbugs would know that these little creature are as deadly as Boko Haram.

They aim for your blood, hide in dark places and crevices. They disrupt your sleep, your life and you begin to live in perpetual fear. This is serious.

I've tried the traditional science of taking some live bugs to the market, yet doesn't work. A lot of money has been spent on Sniper, DD force, etc, despite that they come with their attendant health consequences due to exposure.

Please help oh..

If the scenario you are facing here is related to the bedroom and perhaps the bed/bedframe and the rest. Don't know if you have tried using this RAMBO POWDER common around us. Its effective and will dry them up and to a large extent make those bugs flee. Go for the corners and crevices of every area you suspect they thrive and see that powder do the rest. They will dry up or flee. The key here is insects don't like to come in contact with that powder. Even TICKS that do infest on DOGS and suck blood like these bedbugs dry up when the powder is applied.

1 Like

Re: bugs by duduade: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
EfemenaXY:

Why would you sell heavily infested furniture?

Were your buyers aware of this?

I was also shocked o.. Had to read that particular sentence three times

5 Likes

Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 10:18am On Aug 09, 2019
Night 4

Everything went well.

4 Likes

Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2019
duduade:

It had been treated before the sale. It was sold along side dinner chairs that were not affected. And again, people buy things at scrape value, the purpose of use might be different. So you can't tell.
Re: bugs by comtem2011: 11:08am On Aug 09, 2019
duduade:

I wish people can consider other before doing certain things. I wonder why someone will sell something that's is causing havoc to another fellow.

3 Likes

Re: bugs by temmie24(f): 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Get an essential oil call Tree tea oil(#1,200-#1,500) and baking soda. Mix the baking soda with water then pour the tree tea oil inside the mixture. Get a spraying bottle,pour in your content and spray your furniture and your mattress very well. After then spread the mattress and furniture in the sun. Let sun shine on those things very well before you pack them in.
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
damesilver:

Please help oh..

From personal experience: Use KEROSENE ONLY

Sprinkle it where you mostly see them, round the edges of your mattress and pillows, on woods, floor, walls, cupboards etc

Sprinkle kero on a daily basis, depending on how much they have infested your home.

They can never be as deadly as Book Haram na, haba grin

When I had issues with these bugs (in 2016/017), I tried several other chemicals including fumigating the whole house, but to no avail.. But when I began to use kero only, I noticed kerosene kills them instantly when applied directly at any of them unlike other insecticides that the bug just shakes off and continues strolling by..

Las las, I implored prayers too (Yes, prayers for God to exterminate them! The bugs were just much and looked like they weren't leaving anytime soon).

Thank God~ It's been two years now since I last saw one
Modified: I can see you've been using camphors and it has been effective.. Very well then, I never knew about this method before now.. Thank you and thanks to Simpleglow too who shared from personal experience kiss

4 Likes

Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
donvicky2007:
The best way to eradicate bedbug is with sniper, but you have to make sure you soak all your clothes, bedsheets and pillowcase in hot water and hypo or jik. Bed bugs crawls, so spray all your furniture, foam the edges that is where they hide same with your pillows. make sure your bed doesn't touch the wall, if you are using a bed frame get a cover of a cream put petroleum jelly cream (vaseline) inside of it and place the stands (legs) of your bed on it (reason it that no crawling insect can move on a sticky substance and make sure you spray your foam and bedframe very withappy sniper before placing the stands or legs of your bedframe on a cover that contains petroleum jelly, you can do same to your chairs and sofa, that way your bed and sofa is free from the demons) spray the walls of your apartment and any cracks in your house (they lay eggs on the walls) scrub the floor of your house with hot water, detergent and hypo or jik (no living organism or insect can survive in hypo or jik when they come in contact with it,make sure it is highly concentrated ).
Note: you will spray your your apartment continuously for at least a month. Spray your wardrobes, shoes, bags and anything spray-able.

When it infested my home, we tried sniper but it wasn't that effective.. Using only kerosene is the tested and trusted means I've tried
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
izzou:
grin

Bedbug is the next worst thing after corruption in this country

The solution?

Pack into a new apartment...And take nothing with you

You and your household should move into it in your birthday suits.

Thank me later bro cool

Na so e take easy ?? ?? grin grin grin
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
emerged01:
Go to idumagbo,you will see alot of chemicals that you can use to get rid of bedbugs,but be ready to leave house for like a day. Heavy fumigation will get rid of them.

Many of those chemicals are ineffective for bedbugs, I tried a lot of them back them.. Using only kerosene works fine

1 Like

Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
cheenway:
I've been going through this problem too.
At first when I saw it on my bed, I had to wake hubby to confirm if it is (cos I'd never seen it before then). He confirmed it and we bought one stuff like that. The woman told us it was more powerful than sniper. We applied it and never saw it again. That was about a month ago. Not until two days ago, I woke up to pee and saw this one on the mosquito net. I killed it but no blood so I guessed it was just looking for blood to suck. I was worried, wandering how come. Last night again, I saw one and told hubby that we might need to use that stuff again.
I think I will try this camphor balls, though the one I have is the coloured one. Hope it is as effective as the white ones

If all that doesn't work, you can begin to sprinkle only kerosene. Kerosene kills them instantly.. Do this for some days/probably weeks, hopefully, they'll die off.. I join prayers too when I had the issue few years ago, and thank God for about two years now, I haven't seen one

6 Likes

Re: bugs by Ajikawo1999(m): 10:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
damesilver:

Please help oh..
hahaha i cant neva 4got dos tin bck den, bro it has happen to me b4 bro nd i later without carrin my cloth, bed e.t.c dont be decieve dos tinz dont leave easily o i had to pack livin all my cloth cuz dey target cloth d most and small small holes on d wall u can neva finish dem jst knw dat in ur mind cuz dey to much once it enters a room den 4get abt except u relocte. Next time make sure u dry ur bed in d sun atleast once a weak cuz dos bug relate wit dirth tinz,it meanz d bed or sometin in dat room is to dirth to be there so avoid dirth tinz in d room in ur nxt room tanks. Yours peacefully Ajikawo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / Parents Having An Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.