Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ (270 Views)

15-Year-Old Indian Injected Her Boyfriend's HIV Positive Blood To Prove Her Love / Don’t Kill Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ Animal-r Activist / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ by 6eleven(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2019
An animal-rights activist is urging people not to kill mosquitoes, but instead to let the insects bite them.
Aymeric Caron, who is also a French TV presenter, says the insects suck human blood to obtain protein for their eggs and should not be swatted in the prcoess.

He said that killing mosquitoes is “embarrassing for anti-specists who realise they are being attacked by a mother trying to nourish her children,” according to the Independent .

Anti-specists are people who argue that all species should be treated equally.

Mr Caron, who describes himself as an anti-specist, says he always allows himself to be bitten by mosquitoes, except in Africa, where there is a risk of catching malaria.
In a video, he said: “One can consider that a blood donation from time to time to an insect who is only trying to nourish her children is not a drama.”

But British animal protection workers have said his comments are “a step too far” and “an unhelpful distraction”.

Caron also said it was better to use natural mosquito repellents like citronella, lavender oil or garlic, to wash regularly and avoid using perfumes.
Re: Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ by Chuks9000: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2019
Very funny grin
Re: Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ by pastie(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2019
angry angry angry
Re: Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ by Raysleek: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2019
I also need money to feed my family but I can't rob a bank

1 Like

Re: Stop Killing Mosquitoes, They Need Blood To Feed Their Kids’ by 6eleven(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2019
Raysleek:
I also need money to feed my family but I can't rob a bank

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 Ways Shisha Smoking Affects Your Health / Treat Pile With Stage A Herbal Tea / Billionaire Degenerate Jeffrey Epstein Passes On In The Wake Of Draping...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.