Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman (1736 Views)

Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by chinwe1960: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman

The president of the Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleman has condemned the revolution in Nigeria.

This follows the arrest of Omoyele Sowore, the publisher of Sahara Reporters by Nigeria’s secret service in the early hours of Saturday.

Sowore had planned a protest #RevolutionNow to challenge bad governance and mass poverty in the country but has been arrested by the Department of State Service(DSS) and is currently in an unknown location.

According to the cleric, while a peaceful protest is OK, revolution is a strong word and could tighten an already tensed atmosphere.

In a tweet on Saturday, Apostle Suleman wrote, “Peaceful protest is ok. But not revolution”

“This govt has failed to secure lives, some of us have been arrested and blackmailed because of our constant reactions of this clueless lots that lead us but the word ‘revolution’ is harsh. Though relative, it would heighten an already tensed atmosphere… ”
READ MORE
Source :
StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/08/04/sowores-arrest-revolution-harsh-word-apostle-suleman/

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by Officialgarri: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
Yesterday I pondered on this same issue.

The word 'revolution' is a strong word and a threat to any government.

Anyways, I googled if the constitution permits revolutionary protests, and I see that the constitution of America actually accepts it.
They have 'Rights of revolution'

The U.S. Declaration of Independence states that "when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by Nemesis909: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
One by one dem just dey hang Sowore to dry .
Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by Kingosytex(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
That is exactly my take on this issue. I believe Sowore knows and understands the meaning of the word "REVOLUTION", I still believe and maintain that "protest" would have been the appropriate terminology.

Would Sowore have called for a revolution had it been he won the presidential election? The government may easily attribute Sowore's move to envy and jealousy as a result of the fact that he lost woefully in the just concluded elections. I am afraid, Sowore might have just joined Elzakzaky and Dasuki as Buhari's captives and the Buhari that we know is ready to detain them till thy kingdom come.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by Guide777(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
When truth is glaring, its bitter and harsh to certain ears."
- "Guide777

1 Like

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by dignity33: 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2019

I WANT REVOLUTION TO TAKE PLACE IN NIGERIA BUT I THINK SOWORE KNOWS THAT HE CANNOT ACHIEVE REVOLUTION BUT JUST USING IT TO STAY RELEVANT IN NIGERIA POLITICS BY GAINING MASSES THRUST AS NIGERIA MESSIAH AFTER BEING RELEASED. IF HE WAS SERIOUS HE SHOULDN'T HAVE CALLED IT REVOLUTION HE WILL START IT AS A PROTEST FOR GOOD GOVERNERS AND METAMORPHOSES AS REVOLUTION BECAUSE NO GOVERNMENT WE STAYED AND WATCHED A CITIZENS CALLED FOR REVOLUTION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by MycroftHolmes: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2019
If the government was competent, there would have been no need for a revolution. The need for a revolution confirms the existence of irregularities in the government.

At whatever rate, we have the right to speak against the ills in the government, and any attempt made by the government to resist this revolution is the first step into dictatorship.

Nigeria Wake Up.

1 Like

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by orunto27: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2019
This is an Innocent Response to suffering under an undemocratic government. Let him off please, Police.
Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by ede1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
Let him use whatever word that suits him....all we want is good governance..
Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by Greatzeus(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
He shouldn't, have used the world revolution. In revolution leaders are killed or dethroned (Treason). He is drop out may be he didn't really realized the weight of the word he is using.
Gathering in a place in Lagos and Abuja, trekking up and down under the hot sun is not revolution,it wouldn't change shit.
There can never be a revolution in a country and after the so called revolution,the status quo remains the same never, or else it's not revolution at all it's protest.
Most protest in Nigeria are just notice me,after the trekking and singing everybody go back home.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by Nukilia: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
Revolution grin grin grin the only antidote to the rubbish going on in the country...
Re: Sowore’s Arrest: Revolution Is A Harsh Word — Apostle Suleman by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
Greatzeus:
He shouldn't, have used the world revolution. In revolution leaders are killed or dethroned (Treason). He is drop out may be he didn't really realized the weight of the word he is using.
Gathering in a place in Lagos and Abuja, trekking up and down under the hot sun is not revolution,it wouldn't change shit.
There can never be a revolution in a country and after the so called revolution,the status quo remains the same never, or else it's not revolution at all it's protest.
Most protest in Nigeria are just notice me,after the trekking and singing everybody go back home.

A peaceful revolution or bloodless coup is an overthrow of a government that occurs without violence. If the revolutionists refuse to use violence, it is known as a nonviolent revolution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_revolution

(1) (Reply)

FG Please Pay Workers Our March Salary Before Shutting Down The Country / Governor Wike Personally Arrested Policemen Who Violated The State Lockdown / Dokpesi: We Were Given Malaria Drugs For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.