Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened (1349 Views)

Buratai: Insecurity Will End When Nigerians Want It To End / Oshiomhole: Sowore Has No Right To Call For 'Revolution Now' / Tony Momoh: Anyone Calling For Revolution Is Looking For Trouble, Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by lindq: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2019
In the wake of the New Year's subsidy removal in 2012, Nigerians flooded the whole country in the monikers of “Occupy Nigeria” “Revolution Now” etc., because everyone knew they had a democrat in Aso Rock whom they could stone, spit on and slander without consequences.

Today, the people are either afraid to protest or threatened if they attempt to because we have a president under whose watch protesters get shot at en masse, critics get arrested kidnapped en masse, without any atom of remorse or statement condemning the act.

Below is a picture from 2012 Nationwide protest with the exact phrase “Revolution Now”, the very thing Omoyele Sowore is being held up for treason for.

This what a difference of 7 years has had on Nigeria.

In 2012, this man below confidently held this placard up high demanding change, in 2019 this man could get arrested whisked away by midnight, or possibly shot at if in an ongoing protest for treason.

Welcome to the new Nigeria folks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by SLAP44: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
That's change.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by Kagarko(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
lindq:
In the wake of the New Year's subsidy removal in 2012, Nigerians flooded the whole country in the monikers of “Occupy Nigeria” Revolution Now” etc., because everyone knew they had a democrat in Aso Rock whom they could stone, spit on and slander without consequences.

Today, the people are either afraid to protest or threatened if they attempt to because we have a president under whose watch protesters get shot at en masse, critics get arrested kidnapped en masse, without any atom of remorse or statement condemning the act.

Below is a picture from 2012 Nationwide protest with the exact phrase “Revolution Now”, the very thing Omoyele Sowore is being held up for treason for.

In 2012, this man below confidently held this placard up high demanding change, in 2019 this man could get arrested whisked away by midnight, or possibly shot at if in an ongoing protest for treason.

Something Good Really Happened to Nigeria.

PMB is a Blessing To Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by SLAP44: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
Kagarko:

Very correct. He has been reducing the population of people and creating an easy way out of their hopeless.

9 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by Abfinest007(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
I am the most cursed president but when I leave office you people will remember the freedom u enjoyed under me.quote: Goodluck ebele Jonathan

9 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by Mightyhaiz: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
Kagarko:

yep,I agree with u.. Had bughari not been given an opportunity to showcase his talent,nothing anybody would say that would have convinced zombies that he is not the messiah. So I agree a hundred percent that sth good happened.. To clear all our doubts..

Carry go baba next levelling,....

5 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by emeijeh(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
Kagarko:

Will you keep KWAYET!

You are nothing but a

7 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by lindq: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
Kagarko:

Absolutely yes, you are right. He has made Nigeria a low budget North Korea, where his totalitarian power cannot be challenged.

He is an advocate for population control as more people have died from insecurity related issues than since commencement of the 21st century.

He is a record breaker when it comes to equaling and surpassing the failures and faults of past administrations.

He has personally helped India come out of Poverty Capital of the World and replaced it with his own country. Such self sacrifice!

Our economy was too proud, he humbled it. To the ground.

Our electoral process was improving too fast, he retarded it.

He's the greatest of all kakistocrats. So you're right. I agree.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by MossadAgent: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
Let me give you an insight how the poor wretched and evil average Nigerian reasons...

I was maybe 21 back then and got my dad to borrow me his 1978 Jaguar coup. This car is the most treasured thing my late dad had, so getting him to let me use the car one weekend was no easy feat. My dad can not be described as super rich although we were very comfortable and adequately provided for without getting spoilt, so I never grew up with the mindset of being the son of a rich man because we did not identify ourselves by our father's worth.

So this weekend was going to be a blast. I had the car washed and waxed and ready to my destination in Ikeja to hook up with some childhood friends. On my way, I got stuck in traffic at Anthony/Maryland. I had the A.C on with the stereo on full blast oblivious to everything around me but the traffic light ahead. I then sensed some dark foreboding spirit watching me, and at this point, I turned to both my right and left to see the most hideous faces staring angrily at me from two danfo buses by both my sides.

Their hatred was so much and couldn't be mere jealousy as they saw me as the one who put them in their current poverty state of riding danfos. Note: I was still a student then and did not have a job nor own a car of my own and used to ride danfos and molues daily.

It is then I realised that these stupid bastards stirring down on me think I am one money miss Road or son of a rich man which I was neither. It then got to me that poor illiterate Street waifs think they are the smartest.

These poor bastards deserve to be left in their place because if they could crawl, they could easily lift themselves from poverty and destitution.

I am by no means rich but I know I am not poor. The poor plebs are not worth saving as they are the same bastards that support openly and fight on behalf of their oppressors.

Let them rot under Buhari

Let them eat grass and starve , death under Buhari.

Niggers are not worth saving.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by emeijeh(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
MossadAgent:
Let me give you an insight how the poor wretched and evil average Nigerian reasons...

I was maybe 21 back then and got my dad to borrow me his 1978 Jaguar coup. This car is the most treasured thing my late dad had, so getting him to let me use the car one weekend was no easy feat. My dad can not be described as super rich although we were very comfortable and adequately provided for without getting spoilt, so I never grew up with the mindset of being the son of a rich man because we did not identify ourselves by our father's worth.

So this weekend was going to be a blast. I had the car washed and waxed and ready to my destination in Ikeja to hook up with some childhood friends. On my way, I got stuck in traffic at Anthony/Maryland. I had the A.C on with the stereo on full blast oblivious to everything around me but the traffic light ahead. I then sensed some dark foreboding spirit watching me, and at this point, I turned to both my right and left to see the most hideous faces staring angrily at me from two danfo buses by both my sides.

Their hatred was so much and couldn't be mere jealousy as they saw me as the one who put them in their current poverty state of riding danfos. Note: I was still a student then and did not have a job nor own a car of my own and used to ride danfos and molues daily.

It is then I realised that these stupid bastards stirring down on me think I am one money miss Road or son of a rich man which I was neither. It then got to me that poor illiterate Street waifs think they are the smartest.

These poor bastards deserve to be left in their place because if they could crawl, they could easily lift themselves from poverty and destitution.

I am by no means rich but I know I am not poor. The poor plebs are not worth saving as they are the same bastards that support openly and fight on behalf of their oppressors.

......and your point is?

1 Like

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by budaatum: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
MossadAgent:

I think this your reasoning is very poor, though I agree with the "crawl" bit somewhat. The lazy afterall must starve!

How did you get to so wrongly misread the minds of those admiring your car? Are you sure you weren't projecting your own sentiments?

Beauty of it is while you think those you call "Ns" are not worth saving, you are suffering with them. So whether they are worth saving, Mr Messiah, applies to you too.

And note. It's not all about a 1978 Jaguar coup, which, incidentally, indicates wealth, which is good if its the reward of hard or smart work and not the graft that made the likes of me vote Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by lindq: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
Our famous Ngene is here.

Let's see how s/he will display his/her lack of conscience again. As usual.

Lalasticlala do the needful abeg

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by Mrjo(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
NgeneUkwenu make comments don't just read and pass I saw you

1 Like

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by amc: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2019
I remember the army being dispatched to the streets of Lagos to quell the subsidy protests. It was scary.
Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by gawu1: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
lindq:
In the wake of the New Year's subsidy removal in 2012, Nigerians flooded the whole country in the monikers of “Occupy Nigeria” “Revolution Now” etc., because everyone knew they had a democrat in Aso Rock whom they could stone, spit on and slander without consequences.

Usual nonsense from somebody with an ipobian pig brain. Do you know how many people were killed during the OccupyNigeria protest? Two of my brothers were assassinated by your Mandela of otuoke and many other death occurred at different places unreported. Yet, you want to change the narrative so soon!

1 Like

Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by DonEd(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2019
MossadAgent:

You are not different from the tyrant in Aso Rock
Re: Throwback To When Nigerians Demanded For Revolution And Nothing Happened by lindq: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
gawu1:

Usual nonsense from somebody with an ipobian pig brain. Do you know how many people were killed during the OccupyNigeria protest? Two of my brothers were assassinated by your Mandela of otuoke and many other death occurred at different places unreported. Yet, you want to change the narrative so soon!

First of all, the Police never defended the killings of the protesters. People lost their jobs and went to jail because of that.

Today, Police will kill dozens of protesters and use them as examples to future protesters.

The president then wrote statements condemning impunity by the armed forces, today we have a president that is unaware of his own existence, let alone care of his people.

Furthermore, today we have a president that gives absolute immunity to members of his tribesmen against heinous crimes and does not care about the life or death of their southern brothers.

Lastly, while I must say a condolence to your brothers who died, I must say that you are a significant simpleton dishonouring their deaths by placing your weights and supports behind a tyrant that perpetuates the very same thing that took their lIves.

Yes, your brain should be declared missing.

(1) (Reply)

Sowore On His Way To Jail See 10 Politicians That Want To Jail Him / How To Make 1 Dollar = 1 Naira ? Apostle Suleman Asks Nigerians, Check Reactions / Solution To Gov. Wike Covid-19 Complaint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.