Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) (47599 Views)

Photos From Senator Natasha Akpoti's Homecoming In Okene, Kogi East (Video) / ICPC Seizes 44 Assets Worth N14.7bn / ICPC Seizes Akpabio’s International Passport - The News Feed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
maasoap:

You think ICPC and those who blew the whistle didn't know better? You will be shocked if you hear the time those items might have been there! Jonathan’s Eco stoves are still rotting away in the "store" of national stadium, Abuja
It doesn't matter how long they have been there.
ICPC job is to catch public thieves, fraudsters and economic saboteurs not to help politicians distribute gift items.
As long as he wasn't using the item, he is committed no crime and can
even sue for harassment.

It is good you mentioned Jonathan's Eco stoves, no crime was committed in that case too since the stoves
weren't stolen for personal use.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by kpeteman(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
obembet:
SUFFERING AND SMILING" simply mean "MENTAL SLAVERY"..

#revolution now
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Valour100: 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
• Telecom services • Buy the VTU franchise and be able to sell recharge vouchers electronically and renew cable TV subscriptions for subscribers (DsTv, Gotv & others) and make good income just like the banks do! Ask me how: http://visit.news/chat6
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by maasoap(m): 12:03am On Aug 05, 2019
Xisnin:

It doesn't matter how long they have been there.
ICPC job is to catch public thieves, fraudsters and economic saboteurs not to help politicians distribute gift items.
As long as he wasn't using the item, he is committed no crime and can
even sue for harassment.

It is good you mentioned Jonathan's Eco stoves, no crime was committed in that case too since the stoves
weren't stolen for personal use.

Of course, the time matters a lot. In the case of the senator, it is just a matter of time before he receives another fund again for the next constituency projects, may be he has received it already. Those items are not meant to rot there, they're meant to be distributed. I'm even surprised that you didn't see that.
ICPC hasn't distributed it and they didn't claim that it is their job either. But one thing is sure, they are items bought with the FG money and people are the beneficiaries. If the senator refused to give it to the beneficiaries, the owner of the fund would help him.
Concerning the stoves, most of it will have damaged by now, that's crime my friend. That's waste of resources

6 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by maasoap(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2019
flourishing247:

He changed his mind yet the products are looking fresh.

Before people could send petition to ICPC, they would have given him some time. I'm even sure that ICPC wouldn't have reacted to the petition immediately. Let him distribute the items and forget the drama, simple

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Godwin2am(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2019
I AM A PROFESSIONAL WHISTLE BLOWER. JUST PAY ME DONT AWARD ME MITTHYHALLA
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:16am On Aug 05, 2019
babzo:
But isn't he planning to distribute them? Not that i support the whole constituency project nonsense; but this doesn't make much sense.
Maybe he is planning to distribute them at a later date.
Except there is evidence he has been selling them and pocketing the proceeds.

Exactly what I am thinking. Is there a proof that he wants to sell them off or he's already doing so?

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Helpfromabove(m): 12:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Wrong

Only a dishonest fellow blinded by primordial sentiments would justify stealing because of political loyalties.

The funny thing is that I'm sure you still went to church today but you're a supporter of thieves. Jesus must be happy with you.

U really amaze me , from tribal to political and then religion

Mind u I have not justify or support stealing , I only ask a simple question WHEN WE I SEE APC SENATOR SIEZED ...... ?
A true fight against corruption should not be one sided

I right my case
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Phred1717: 12:29am On Aug 05, 2019
Well from the news I don't really understand the circumstances of his arrest or crime..if it's constituency's project he's embarking on,then it's witch-hunting cos its every Nass member project and FG has a budget for it.
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by hush007: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2019
Lordave:
He can easily win this case, but he will live a miserable life if the money used in acquiring those items were for Constituency projects

Sometimes, this news people will not kill person with laughter.

So the senator will procure all this to sell at higher price or what? Obviously, he will still give it out. Just dont know why he is still waiting? Maybe he intend to use it for a campaign program if you ask me but you to think the.senator is hoarding this for himself is utterly ridiculous
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by therajah: 12:45am On Aug 05, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

ICPC should stop the selective witch-hunt.

Sure! But trust, Its better than 'no hunt at all'
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by StyleAfos(m): 1:00am On Aug 05, 2019
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 1:03am On Aug 05, 2019
bamidell:
Can’t understand how human being can be these heartless, with no conscience, no fear of God and human feelings... God is watching....

Look at the carton of those generators they're getting old showing he abandoned them

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Sinavaramini: 1:14am On Aug 05, 2019
Wicked souls, God will punish you all thieves one by one, imagine how these would have alleviated poor masses from hunger and starvation if he delivered these to them
stephanie11:

A Nigerian Senator is currently in hot water after an Anti-corruption agency recovered constituency items worth N117 million stashed away in secret compound believed to belong to the senator.

Among the items recovered from Senator Utazi Chukwuka, who represents Enugu North in the Senate, include Motorcycles, Grinding machines and Transformers. Below is a statement from the ICPC;"The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has again recovered items worth N117,123,375.44 million from the Senator representing Enugu North Senatorial District of Enugu State."

"The items covered by this amount and recovered from the legislator are 168 and 51 numbers of motorcycles and tricycles respectively. They were discovered to be stashed away in a compound in Mkpologu town of Uzo-Nwani Local Government Area, believed to be owned by the Senator."

"The tricycles, motorcycles and grinding machines were meant to be distributed to the lawmaker’s constituents to empower them as part of the Federal Government’s efforts to alleviate poverty."

"Additionally, ICPC recovered 203 grinding machines, 60 motorcycles and 5 transformers in the compound which had been procured under another constituency project.""Thereupon the Commission impounded all the items and sealed the Senator’s compound."

Watch the video below;

https://politicsnigeria.com/icpc-makes-recovery-worth-n117-million-from-pdp-senator-in-enugu-photos/
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by dokie: 1:15am On Aug 05, 2019
babzo:
But isn't he planning to distribute them? Not that i support the whole constituency project nonsense; but this doesn't make much sense.
Maybe he is planning to distribute them at a later date.
Except there is evidence he has been selling them and pocketing the proceeds.

The case is still very sketchy. Ike you said, except they have evidence that he's been selling them, the icpc is only trying to be funny.

Truth is that he is not selling them. He is my senator so I know that much. I'm sure he'll eventually distribute them, but my grouse with the man is the delay. People need those things to earn a living man. Why keep them for so long?

Probably to select loyal people. I heard the man helps though.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 1:53am On Aug 05, 2019
maasoap:

Of course, the time matters a lot. In the case of the senator, it is just a matter of time before he receives another fund again for the next constituency projects, may be he has received it already. Those items are not meant to rot there, they're meant to be distributed. I'm even surprised that you didn't see that.
ICPC hasn't distributed it and they didn't claim that it is their job either. But one thing is sure, they are items bought with the FG money and people are the beneficiaries. If the senator refused to give it to the beneficiaries, the owner of the fund would help him.
Concerning the stoves, most of it will have damaged by now, that's crime my friend. That's waste of resources
Contrary to popular belief, Senators are never paid a dime as constituency projects.

They merely suggest what their constituents need and the appropriate federal ministry
controls contract award and implementation.

A crime is not what you think it is, otherwise, any politician who has awarded a failed/uncompleted project
will be in jail and that is all of them.

What has the ICPC achieved by seizing these items?
They can not even charge him for any crime.

The equivalent of what they have done is like seizing a nearly completed road project because it is not yet completed.

These items will eventually be distributed by the senator while the ICPC licks its wound.
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 1:56am On Aug 05, 2019
Lordave:
He can easily win this case, but he will live a miserable life if the money used in acquiring those items were for Constituency projects
As with all constituency projects, senators are never paid for it.
Federal ministeries are in charge of awarding contracts and payment.
The senators only role is to distribute them.
I am sure the items will be distributed soon.
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by icedbreez(m): 2:11am On Aug 05, 2019
Nigerians can be gullible sha, believe everything they read. What if those things were kept to be shared to constituents at a later date? ICPC rush in to tarnish the man image in the press,
When details emerge later u will probably hear a different story.
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Addme: 2:45am On Aug 05, 2019
Xisnin:

Contrary to popular belief, Senators are never paid a dime as constituency projects.

They merely suggest what their constituents need and the appropriate federal ministry
controls contract award and implementation.

A crime is not what you think it is, otherwise, any politician who has awarded a failed/uncompleted project
will be in jail and that is all of them.

What has the ICPC achieved by seizing these items?
They can not even charge him for any crime.

The equivalent of what they have done is like seizing a nearly completed road project because it is not yet completed.

These items will eventually be distributed by the senator while the ICPC licks its wound.
You are right that senators don't collect money for their constituency projects but what you left out is that they nominate contractors for every constituency projects they suggest.
It's an open secret that these senators or their cronies are the contractors of their projects.For ICPC to have seized/sealed it,they definitely have their evidence.I'm not in anyway in support of ICPC as the details are still sketchy but don't make it look and sound as if these senators don't have their ways around their constituency projects.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 3:06am On Aug 05, 2019
Addme:
You are right that senators don't collect money for their constituency projects but what you left out is that they nominate contractors for every constituency projects they suggest.
It's an open secret that these senators or their cronies are the contractors of their projects.For ICPC to have seized/sealed it,they definitely have their evidence.I'm not in anyway in support of ICPC as the details are still sketchy but don't make it look and sound as if these senators don't have their ways around their constituency projects.
They nominate contractors.
The keyword is "nominate". It is not compulsory that the ministry award the contracts
to senator's nominee and other firms can bid like a normal contract.
In this case, the project has been implemented regardless of who nominated the contractor
because the items were purchased.

The only way ICPC can redeem itself is by providing evidence that the senator was using the items or selling them.

I am not in any way defending the overpaid and mostly incompetent senators but I can recognize a flawed procedure when I see one.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 05, 2019
Biritiko:
Pdp is synonymous to stealing
APC = LYING, KILLING (PEOPLE, ECONOMY, HOPE, SOCIETY, UNITY), DESTRUCTION, VINDICTIVENESS, TERROR, RETROGRESSION, DISINTEGRATION, FAILURE
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by ebuka10box(m): 3:11am On Aug 05, 2019
After someone will tell me Nigeria is safer than a America , only the corruption in this country could give a man heart failure... So appalling when you see the masses suffer and live in hunger while these politicians live large
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Profzeb: 3:20am On Aug 05, 2019
I am from Chukwuka Utazi's constituency. Utazi is just a shameless monumental failure. This man struggled poverty from a miserable and poverty stricken community but the poverty never came out of him. This failure can't lay hand on any single project he was able to deliver to his constituency. It was unfortunate that APC had no structure and solid force in Enugu during the past general election in Enugu state. The road that leads to his own house is worst than a jungle road leading to eleventh century cave. This man has nothing to offer but PDP still sponsored him for a second tenure. The poorest and the most hopeless and helpless people in the whole Enugu come from his own LG and even his own clan but he has no pity on their plights. He was given the mandate in order to help pull his people out of poverty but little did PDP know that he is an agent of empoverishment. Under normal circumstance, I mean, under merit, I can't allow this man to look after my pigs.
Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Deepthoughts: 3:21am On Aug 05, 2019
stephanie11:

A Nigerian Senator is currently in hot water after an Anti-corruption agency recovered constituency items worth N117 million stashed away in secret compound believed to belong to the senator.

Among the items recovered from Senator Utazi Chukwuka, who represents Enugu North in the Senate, include Motorcycles, Grinding machines and Transformers. Below is a statement from the ICPC;"The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has again recovered items worth N117,123,375.44 million from the Senator representing Enugu North Senatorial District of Enugu State."

"The items covered by this amount and recovered from the legislator are 168 and 51 numbers of motorcycles and tricycles respectively. They were discovered to be stashed away in a compound in Mkpologu town of Uzo-Nwani Local Government Area, believed to be owned by the Senator."

"The tricycles, motorcycles and grinding machines were meant to be distributed to the lawmaker’s constituents to empower them as part of the Federal Government’s efforts to alleviate poverty."

"Additionally, ICPC recovered 203 grinding machines, 60 motorcycles and 5 transformers in the compound which had been procured under another constituency project.""Thereupon the Commission impounded all the items and sealed the Senator’s compound."

Watch the video below;

https://politicsnigeria.com/icpc-makes-recovery-worth-n117-million-from-pdp-senator-in-enugu-photos/
But is this not common with our politicians in Nigeria?,or is there a stipulated time of distributing such items that the senator has voilated?, this appears more like Apc propaganda machinery at work.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by Pat081: 3:33am On Aug 05, 2019
umarshehu58:
They will still blame PMB for this

Flat heads remain flat heads
how many members of his party have u seen or hear is he doing this to? ? PMB is useless sef let him go after APC too not only pdp n others only

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by anonimi: 3:58am On Aug 05, 2019
Biritiko:
Pdp is synonymous to stealing

Are you a comedian

#Mainagate: Maina Received His Salary And Treated At Least 20 Files In October After Buhari Ordered His Sack -Lawyer

Maina's Request For Reinstatement Was Work In Progress claims AGF Malami
NOV 23, 2017

he Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami , Head of Service of Federation , Winifred Oyo-Ita , Minister of Interior , Abdulrahman Danbazzau and Acting Chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission, Joseph Oluremi Akande have all denied their involvement in reinstatement of the former head of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina.

They made this denial while giving their statements under oath before the House of Representatives Adhoc Committee Investigative Hearing on the disappearance, reappearance, and promotion of Maina at National Assembly in Abuja.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2017/11/23/mainagate-maina-received-his-salary-and-treated-least-20-files-october-after-buhari

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6401834_1530418713401009260622365534742661551843352o_jpega6f4c0cc80715aee768cc61040a897ed

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by anonimi: 4:03am On Aug 05, 2019
Pat081:
how many members of his party have u seen or hear is he doing this to? ? PMB is useless sef let him go after APC too not only pdp n others only

Barawo bubu cannot go after his fellow rogues in the Alliance of Past/Present Criminals, APC. He cannot.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes N117M Items From Senator Utazi Chukwuka In Enugu (Photos) by semyman: 4:07am On Aug 05, 2019
Yet children of hate will always blame Buhari
God is watching you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Dressed As A Secondary School Student / Femi Akinsanya Walked-out Of Wrecked Plane Before It Caught Fire / Paul Arkwright Visits Saraki In African Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.