Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

#RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. (366 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kidnap Female Soldier, Strip And Threaten To Behead Her / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by ManTiger(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2019
This is part of the footage that shows the moment peaceful protesters were dispersed forcefully, some of them were captured and pepper sprayed, those are the lucky ones, but the unlucky ones has been arrested and moved to an unknown location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9C4djPhu4

Re: #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by ManTiger(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
This journalist was pinned down and pepper sprayed, is this not madness? Pepper spray is use to immobilize but using it on someone that has been immobilized is madness!

Re: #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by kaffyadeakeem(f): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
Police and their unprofessionalism.

See the way he was spraying the pepper spray as he is spraying sheatol
Re: #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by lumiday(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
Omo, see as dem humble that guy for the last picture... This is what I used to tell people, don't drag any issue with any military officer, calm down, mark the face of one of them and vex your anger on him, simple!
Re: #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by Inteltower: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
if only a call for a referendum ..was floated more than revolution.. the slogan would have been for Buhari to resign since he has obviously failed in his primary duty of securing lives & property.

at least a referendum to call back an elected official & cast a vote of no confidence or create an an approval rating system to decide whether the he/she should continue or not based on the majority of peoples will.

the Sowore revolution wasn't well planned & tactically initiated. I would otherwise have suggested that the primary goal of such rallying was for the power of people to be regained from those who suppressed it I. the way of a referendum; & asking for the president to resign.. that way such campaigns fall in line with the constitution so that no security agency or person would say that either the gathering or what is being agitated for is unlawful.

the aim therefore if such proposition was to be effected vigorously through protest & with the support & alliance of various groups fed up with the incompetence of the President & any other official would have achieved this take back of power & a reminder to any elected official that they shouldn't have this false sense of security in their various office & the people can kick them out of it anytime.

This should have been the key objective.. there are three ways to change a government.
1) Electoral process
2) Referendum or vote of no confidence
3) Revolution

surely many Nigerians are becoming skeptical, apathetic, manipulated & left clueless in the flaws of the first one. the latter which is ongoing & commendable is still unclear how far it will go & achieve its goals.
but on a better ground of negotiation, protest & lobbying. the second if channeled with the energy given to this march on revolution would have be more better.
at least Buhari would be more worried on call to step down via referendum than a revolution which is only successful in a nation country.. which isn't Nigeria

for those opposing or mocking those who are out there for a change in the bad status quo
if I may ask, what other alternative would have been better.. ?
& pls dont tell me election or going to court

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by ManTiger(m): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Inteltower:
if only a call for a referendum ..was floated more than revolution.. the slogan would have been for Buhari to resign since he has obviously failed in his primary duty of securing lives & property.

at least a referendum to call back an elected official & cast a vote of no confidence or create an an approval rating system to decide whether the he/she should continue or not based on the majority of peoples will.

the Sowore revolution wasn't well planned & tactically initiated. I would otherwise have suggested that the primary goal of such rallying was for the power of people to be regained from those who suppressed it I. the way of a referendum; & asking for the president to resign.. that way such campaigns fall in line with the constitution so that no security agency or person would say that either the gathering or what is being agitated for is unlawful.

the aim therefore if such proposition was to be in effect vigorously through protest & with the support & alliance of various groups fed with the incompetence of the President & any other official would have a achieved this take back of power & a reminder to any elected that they shouldn't have this false sense of security in their various office & the people can kick them out of it.

This should have been the key objective.. there are three ways to change:
1) Electoral process
2) Referendum or vote of no confidence
3) Revolution

surely many Nigerians are becoming skeptical, apathetic, manipulated & left clueless in the flaws of the first. the latter which is ongoing & commendable is still unclear how far it will burn & achieve its goals.
but on better ground of negotiation, protest & lobbying. the second if channeled with the energy given to this march on revolution would have be more better.

for those opposing or mocking those who are our there for a change in the bad status quo
if I may ask, what other alternative would have been better.. ?
& pls dont tell me election or going to court

Nigerians are obviously not ready for revolution.
Re: #RevolutionNow: The Moment Police Assault And Threaten To Shoot. by diegwu02: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
lumiday:
Omo, see as dem humble that guy for the last picture... This is what I used to tell people, don't drag any issue with any military officer, calm down, mark the face of one of them and vex your anger on him, simple!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Shiites Are The Architects Of Their Troubles -zakzaky's Brother Bursts Out / Two Officers ‘who Leaked Operation’ To Taraba Kidnap Kingpin Arrested / Indigenous Nigerians - Know Thyself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.