Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal (1133 Views)

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by googi: 6:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
We may have had the last opportunity to clean up Nigeria after the betrayal of Nzeogwu by his fellow men. In retrospect, it was well planned and most of the youths in the Army were well aware of his mission. Even those that refused to participate because of lives that would be involved praised his patriotic ideas.

Well, it was not to be because of the usual traitors through out our history.

If it was not possible then when we were United, can it be possible today?
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Asnafsaeed(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
So who betrayed Nzeogwu?
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by googi: 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
So who betrayed Nzeogwu?

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Asnafsaeed(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
Yes
googi:

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by ProudDick: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
googi:

We may have had the last opportunity to clean up Nigeria after the betrayal of Nzeogwu by his fellow men. In retrospect, it was well planned and most of the youths in the Army were well aware of his mission. Even those that refused to participate because of lives that would be involved praised his patriotic ideas.

Well, it was not to be because of the usual traitors through out our history.

If it was not possible then when we were United, can it be possible today?

Igbos Hatched a plan to take over government. They used some Yoruba and other minorities to carry out a “revolution”. Unknown to these minorities who are not Igbo, they were just pawns in the Igbo evil political agenda of killing off other regional leaders and take over.

Now who betrayed who? You Igbo nitwits trying to rewrite history have a long way to go because the whole Nigerians are not foolish. Even the south south you suck their balls know your evil agenda.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by ProudDick: 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
So who betrayed Nzeogwu?
Please help me ask the Igbo dunce.

Nzeogwu rather betrayed his fellow comrades.
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by seunmsg(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
So who betrayed Nzeogwu?

Agunyi Ironsi and Emmanuel Ifeajuna.

1 Like

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Asnafsaeed(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
This info most be privy, can u elaborate on how?
seunmsg:

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by tutudesz: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
seunmsg:

Following Ironsi's move against the coup, Ifeajuna's friends Christopher Okigbo and
J.P. Clark helped him cross the border into Dahomey (now Benin) and through to
Ghana where he was welcomed by its leader Kwame Nkrumah. [12] Nkrumah's regime
was overthrown shortly afterwards and Ifeajuna returned to Nigeria after assurances
from Emeka Ojukwu that his life would not be at risk. He again became involved in the
military, this time within the Biafran Army – the Republic of Biafra declared its
secession from Nigeria, beginning the Nigerian Civil War. Ifeajuna, Victor Banjo , Phillip
Alale and Sam Agbam were accused by Ojukwu of negotiating with the federal
Nigerian officials, via British agents, hoping to bring about a ceasefire, overthrow
Ojukwu, and gain prominent positions for themselves.They were hastily tried and
sentenced to death by firing squad for treason. Ifeajuna claimed the plan was to
preserve civilian life in Enugu from an oncoming assault by federal troops. Ifeajuna and
his three co-conspirators were executed on 25 September 1967. [3][13] Enugu, the
Biafran capital, was captured by federal Nigerian forces two days later. [14]

1 Like

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2019
I wonder why it was called Igbo coup when Ironsi and Ojukwu were the ones who made the coup failed in the first place.
Young Nigerians were fed up with the bad condition of Nigeria then, (which was actually good compared to now) planned a revolution and wanted to hand over power to a man they thought was a good leader, Awolowo. Why didn't they plan to hand over to Zik or any other reputable Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by googi: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
So who betrayed Nzeogwu?

I cannot believe you are serious until I read other comments.

In short, Igbo that were supposed to carry out their deadly act in the East did not. Some of them leaked the coup to Azikiwe and he left on leave overseas from Lagos. So if Igbo leaders were not spared, Nzeogwu would be a hero to Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa.

Did you see Hausa? Yes, I mean Hausa. Nobody in his right mind would think Nzeogwu could have penetrated Ahmadu Bello shield or armor of protection without Hausa soldiers' support for Nzeogwu. The man was popular and brave throughout the Army. This was why Ojukwu and Ironsi kept him at a distance.

So it was Igbo that betrayed Nzeogwu.
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by seunmsg(m): 6:58am On Aug 06, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
This info most be privy, can u elaborate on how?

It is public knowledge that Ironsi promised Nzeogwu that he and other January 15 mutineers would be part of the new military government. An elaborate farewell party was even organized to signify the handing over of the government of northern region to Hassan Katsina. However, instead of meeting another elaborate welcome party in Lagos, Ironsi met him with guns handcuffs. He was bundled out of the plane and thrown into jail against the agreement he had with Ironsi before handing over the government of northern Nigeria.

Ifeajuna’s betrayal messed up the entire January 15 mutiny. He pretended to be a revolutionary but in reality, he was just a power drunk ethnic bigot. His clumsiness and clannishness led to the failure of the coup in Lagos. He did not just betray Nzeogwu, he betrayed all the plotters that truly believed in the revolutionary ideals that led them to execute the coup. That was why Ademoyega gave him the beating of his life when they met in prison.

Ojukwu was another dude that betrayed Nzeogwu. You can do your research if you doubt my post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by helinues: 7:09am On Aug 06, 2019
Not this present coward youths

For the record, Nzeowgu was betrayed by his own people

2 Likes

Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by T9ksy(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2019
helinues:

[i][/i] Be ni o!!!

In fact, Nzegouw was a pawn in the ibo grand scheme at power grab.

Ditto Ademoyega.
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Adaibeku(f): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2019
ProudDick:

Igbos Hatched a plan to take over government. They used some Yoruba and other minorities to carry out a “revolution”. Unknown to these minorities who are not Igbo, they were just pawns in the Igbo evil political agenda of killing off other regional leaders and take over.

Now who betrayed who? You Igbo nitwits trying to rewrite history have a long way to go because the whole Nigerians are not foolish. Even the south south you suck their balls know your evil agenda.

Mod speaking
U think i dont know you ,
btw south south which u have never been to has killed 395members of ur evilparty apc formed by you yorubas ,With the claim that is a saboteur party to kill and destroy
while igbos are watching ,
maybe itshekiri and edo islam selling dia land to fulani for a pot of pottage are the South south that knew Igbos evil agenda!
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Adaibeku(f): 8:33am On Aug 06, 2019
helinues:

By yorubas everyone knew already ,
thats y u ar all cursed to be betraying till eternity!
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Wickedfacts: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2019
[s]
Adaibeku:

Mod speaking
U think i dont know you ,
btw south south which u have never been to has killed 395members of ur evilparty apc formed by you yorubas ,With the claim that is a saboteur party to kill and destroy
while igbos are watching ,
maybe itshekiri and edo islam selling dia land to fulani for a pot of pottage are the South south that knew Igbos evil agenda!
[/s]

Who is this unintelligent bonobo?

Read the preceding posts, read your post and judge yourself if you have sense.
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by oyatz(m): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2019
I know this woman will be going from thread to thread with her hatred for the Yorubas

Adaibeku:
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by oyatz(m): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2019
I know this woman go don reach this thread with her hatred for the Yorubas

Adaibeku:
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Adaibeku(f): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2019
oyatz:
I know this woman will be going from thread to thread with her hatred for the Yorubas

Una no reach people wey i dey hate!
below my feet thats where you all are!
Smell the coffee Saboteurs!
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by tsdarkside(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2019
ProudDick:

i dont even understand how somebody can talk like this....he is praticaly sayin a coup is a good idea....

nawa....
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by oyatz(m): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2019
Relax Madam, after all you are related to a Yorubaman.

Adaibeku:

Una no reach people wey i dey hate!
below my feet thats where you all are!
Smell the coffee Saboteurs!
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Adaibeku(f): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2019
Wickedfacts:
[s][/s]

Who is this unintelligent bonobo?

Read the preceding posts, read your post and judge yourself if you have sense.

I see you are in deep pain ...grin

And Try To Correct yourself illiterate "Not judge Yourself " but "Judge it by yourself" Graduate of unilag local glorified secondary school lagoon .. hahahaha cheesy
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by Adaibeku(f): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2019
oyatz:
Relax Madam, after all you are related to a Yorubaman.

Hehehehehehehehehe ! cheesy cheesy

prophet oyatz answer me? grin

prophet i married a gallant man unfortunately he isnt from your side ,Less i forget obasanjo has 120% igbo blood flowing in his streams....

hahahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hehehehehehehehe cheesy
cheesy
Re: Can Revolution Succeed In Nigeria After Nzeogwu Betrayal by googi: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nigerians had many opportunities to rescue the Country but we did not learn from history because of immediate gratification.

Think about it. How often can we get the support of Hausa to kill almighty Ahmadu Bello?

Nzeogwu did.

How often did any politician get overwhelming votes from the North to the South?

Jonathan did.

When some of us point out these facts, we are labeled Igbo hater.

Even if Nzeogwu patriotic instinct was exploited and Jonathan mumuness was exploited, are they the only Nigerians and why couldn't people of goodwill prevail?

Our society is getting sicker and we are celebrating the demise of one another.

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Buhari Wins Case At Tribunal / Pictures : Kingsley Moghalu Accused Of Hypocrisy / Congrats Ipob Leader Now Speaking With The Press After The Meeting With EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.