Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples (322 Views)

[NEWS] ‘morally And Scientifically Incorrect.’ U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson / Six Scientifically Proven Ways Of Studying Effectively And Getting Straight A's / Business Opportunity For Fruits (apples, Grapes, Pear) Importers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by Sunnyflex(m): 7:14am On Aug 06, 2019
An apple a day keeps the doctor at bay" is an old Welsh_proverb that most of us are familiar with, but what makes this fruit, called #Apple so special? What health benefits are associated with eating apples?

1. #Prevention_of_dementia_diseases

#A_study published in the #Journal_of_Food Science in 2008 suggested that eating apples may have benefit for your neurological health.
The researchers found that including apples in your daily diet may protect neuron cells against oxidative stress-induced neurotoxicity and may play an important role in reducing the risk of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's disease.

2. #Reducing_a_risk_of_stroke:
A study involving 9,208 men and women showed that those who ate the most apples over a long period, had the lowest risk of stroke.The researchers concluded that the intake of apples is related to a decreased risk of thrombotic stroke.

3.#Lowering_levels_of_bad_cholesterol:
A group of researchers at The Florida State University stated that apples are a "miracle fruit".They found that older women who ate apples everyday had 23% less bad cholesterol (LDL) and 4% more good cholesterol (HDL) after just six months.

4.#Reducing_the_risk_of_diabetes
Apples could also help lower your risk of diabetes. A study involving 187,382 people found that people who ate three servings per week of apples, grapes, raisins, blueberries or pears had a 7% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes compared to those who did not.Granny smith apples are highly recommended.
5.#Warding_off_breast_cancer
There is growing evidence suggesting that an apple a day may help prevent breast cancer, according to a series of studies conducted by prominent #Cornell_researcher Rui Hai Liu.

Liu said her research adds to "the growing evidence that increased consumption of fruits and vegetables, including apples, would provide consumers with more phenolics, which are proving to have important health benefits. I would encourage consumers to eat more and a wide variety of fruits and vegetables daily.

For more info, click on the link below:
https://www./2435370746744259/

Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by SUMMIE23(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2019
noted
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by Goalnaldo(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2019
Good to know. It would be nice if the price is reduced to the point where it would be affordable for the common man.
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by Samsimple(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2019
If you chop am for dream.
The french will say c'est fini in engish its finished
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by folake4u(f): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2019
Samsimple:
If you chop am for dream.
The french will say c'est fini in engish its finished
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by folake4u(f): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2019
angry Am I the only one who doesn't like apples? I try my best to like the fruit, but my taste bud no dey gree. Same goes for apple flavoured drinks undecided
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by Sunnyflex(m): 7:07am On Aug 07, 2019
folake4u:
angry Am I the only one who doesn't like apples? I try my best to like the fruit, but my taste bud no dey gree. Same goes for apple flavoured drinks undecided
Eating it raw is better than the juice
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by folake4u(f): 7:16am On Aug 07, 2019
Sunnyflex:
Eating it raw is better than the juice
I know. Still don't like it.
Re: The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Apples by Sunnyflex(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2019
folake4u:

I know. Still don't like it.
Be eating red delicious appls instead

(1) (Reply)

Repay Your Unpaid Debts With An Yearly Financial Plan / See The Benefits Of Using Organic Skincare Products / Nairaland Trending In My Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.