Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration (16839 Views)

President Buhari Participates At The 16th Summit Of Lake Chad (Photos) / Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / Battle For Control Of Lake Chad Basin Hots Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by lalo128: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2019
superior1:
They probably import from Thailand and repack am
mumu
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by starstaz(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2019
superior1:
They probably import from Thailand and repack am

Celebrity Rice. only comes up for sale on celebration day.
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by 77up(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2019
ednut1:
who knows anyone who has eaten this rice before
see me here .

I swear down,that lake rice is far better than all these so call imported rice.

It is stone free
It is more sweeter
It is a joint effort by both Lagos and Kebbi

How wish Nigeria can replace imported rice with lake rice.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by TGMISKY(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2019
If na Rivers State na, rice go be 20k. Things too cost here
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2019
Lugianostar:
I miss Lagos terribly!!!

Home of uwambe

WTF is Uwambe?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Almujahb(m): 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lake rice or river rice that our nigeria top men wil not taste or eat 4rm it.and for the poor wu wil eat it no b small money u go buy am.
rodeo0070:
The Lagos State Government has commenced the sales of Lake Rice at various outlets across the State in preparation for the coming Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Dr. Olayiwole Onasanya disclosed that Lake Rice is available for sale at sales centres across the State including the Agricultural Development Authority Complex, Oko-Oba; Lagos State Agriculture Inputs Supply Authority (LAISA), Ojo and the Blue Roof at LTV Complex, Agidingbi, Ikeja.

Onasanya also outlined other centres where the products are obtainable such as Temu Farm Service Center, Epe; Odogunyan Farm Service Center, Ikorodu; Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere; Ministry of Agriculture Area Office, Ajah and Mobolaji Johnson Sports Center, Rowe Park at Yaba.

He revealed that the price of a 50Kg bag of the Lake Rice is N14,000; 25kg bag is N7,000; while 10kg bag will sell for N3,000, warning that the Lake Rice should not be sold above the approved prices.

Dr. Onasanya reiterated the State Government’s commitment towards boosting food security in the State, stressing that Government would continue to ensure the adequate production and fair distribution of Lake Rice across the State with a view to making the product available to residents who visit designated sales centres for purchase.

While wishing Lagosians in particular and Nigerians, in general, a very happy Eid celebration, the Permanent Secretary assured that the State Government would continue to embark on agricultural policies and programmes that will enhance the availability of food in the State in line with the THEMES agenda of the Sanwo-Olu administration in the State.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/08/06/lagos-begins-sales-of-lake-rice-for-sallah-celebration/
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Kfed4ril(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Kogi
Abia
Imo
Enugu
And that useless state where their Governor used 1.2B for burials

They should all be acquired by Lagos and the entire states should be used to plant potatoes.

Why is your lake rice only sold during sallah?
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Kfed4ril(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
Onnasucs1:
can you people ever be positive in life? I hate this stupid tribalism. Mtcheww

Bro what is tribalism here?
He stated the obvious fact, if not you should ask why is the lake rice only sold during sallah?
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by jabolo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Bro what is tribalism here?
He stated the obvious fact, if not you should ask why is the lake rice only sold during sallah?

https://punchng.com/yuletide-lagos-assures-residents-of-lake-rice-availability/

Use your data, find google, and apply sense sometimes.
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Ausmos: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Monday the 12th I was told
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Kfed4ril(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
jabolo:

https://punchng.com/yuletide-lagos-assures-residents-of-lake-rice-availability/

Use your data, find google, and apply sense sometimes.

Bro forget nonsense the Lagos State government paid to write, I’m talking practicals now, apart from Yuletide season when else do you see lake rice? Go to any major rice market you know in Lagos and ask for lake rice.
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by uglodoh(f): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Bro forget nonsense the Lagos State government paid to write, I’m talking practicals now, apart from Yuletide season when else do you see lake rice? Go to any major rice market you know in Lagos and ask for lake rice.

Where I stay in Ikorodu, the rice is always available but people prefer the foreign ones
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Guestlander: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
donprinyo:
re-bagged rice

Not re-bagged.
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by yaki84: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
Jestin:
Lagos is moving at a jet speed.....Kogi how far ?
Do you even knw the meaning of movement?
What s moving here where rice is only available during raMADan or Christmas.....
Bullshit.
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by yaki84: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Kogi
Abia
Imo
Enugu
And that useless state where their Governor used 1.2B for burials

They should all be acquired by Lagos and the entire states should be used to plant potatoes.
That means those state will be eating rice once every year.
Cos for lagos a supposed pacesetter state, the citizena tend to see lake rice every festive period.
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Omarsheriff(m): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
obembet:

Why only on sallah period.. Why not selling from Jan..
it probably just got available
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Kfed4ril(m): 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
uglodoh:

Where I stay in Ikorodu, the rice is always available but people prefer the foreign ones
Ok
Ok ma
Re: Lagos Begins Sales Of Lake Rice For Sallah Celebration by Okoroawusa: 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2019
ednut1:
who knows anyone who has eaten this rice before
Me n my family

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki: Rigging Edo Election May Trigger Tragic Reactions Nationwide / Thugs Storm Osun APC Secretariat (Video, Pictures) / Gunmen Burn Arondizuogu Police Station In Imo, Kill Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.