Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Union Bank Discrimination Against Other Customers By Limiting Withdrawals On ATM - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank Discrimination Against Other Customers By Limiting Withdrawals On ATM (176 Views)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Man Sleeping On ATM At Immigration Office Ikoyi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank Discrimination Against Other Customers By Limiting Withdrawals On ATM by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2019
I tried withdrawing N20,000 as my first withdrawals (was gonna withdraw N100,000) but surprisingly the options on the union bank ATM machine has just N10,000 as the max option. I tried the other option by clicking on "other' and tried to enter N20,000 manually, clicked on it but it can came back with an error that I cannot withdraw more than N10,000.

Thinking the ATM may have been tampered with I went straight to another union bank branch and to my surprise it is same thing, so I asked the security guard on duty, he confirmed my findings with a more astonishing reply: "Na so we see am ooo", Obviousely, people have been complaining bitterly about this development.

Moreover, i discovered that this changes only affects other bank customers but union bank customers can withdraw up to N40,000 on their first withdrawals on their ATM as against N10,000 for other customers on their first withdrawals. Subsequently, one would begin to wonder what the guys in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) really "regulate".

Is CBN aware of this deliberate margination of other bank customers by Union bank?

Is it acceptable to discriminate against other bank customers?

If I can't easily access cash by visiting the nearest ATM machine I could as well withdraw as much cash at my bank and stock at home which is against the much publicized "cashless policy" by CBN.

What are your thoughts?

(1) (Reply)

‘strengthen Tax System To Improve Governance’ / How To Get A Loan Instantly From Your Phone / How To Create A Minimum Viable Product That Will Interest Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.