Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

#RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest (412 Views)

President Buhari Thanks Imo State People For Giving Him A Warm Reception / Polio: Buhari Thanks Osinbajo For Making Nigeria Proud / Abacha Loot: Buhari Thanks Swiss Govt For Returning $322.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by FynGuy(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2019
There is no hiding the fact that the purported Aug 5 #RevolutionNow Protest being led by Ex-presidential AAC candidate; Sowore did not garner enough support by Nigeria’s yesterday.

In a swift reaction, Pres. Buhari has thanked millions of Nigerians, who deliberately ignored calls on social media to join a phantom ‘revolution’ but instead went about their businesses.

President Buhari
Excited President Buhari
The President made his feelings known in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Monday.
The statement read in parts:“Today, millions of Nigerians went about their businesses: work, seeking employment, attending school/college and caring for their families.
By doing so, the millions defended our country’s hard-won democratic rights – by ignoring calls on social media to join a phantom ‘revolution’.
There were a few hundred persons today who, for their own reasons, decided to act upon the demands of a group calling itself Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria, which went on social media to ask everyday Nigerians to overthrow the government they only elected some six months ago.
The President is humbled by the support – not for himself, or the governing party – but for the democratic values of modern-day Nigeria through the wisdom of those millions of citizens who preferred democracy and decided not to undermine an elected government.
Today, joining those millions of Nigerians was not only the President and governing party at federal level, but many state governments from the opposition, trade unions, civil society organisations, media and NGOs with focus on freedom of speech.
All have, rightly, united in protecting Nigeria’s young democracy and the rights of all to elect leaders and lawmakers.
The Global Coalition for Security and Democracy in Nigeria’s attempt to incite citizens into a revolution against their own democratic rights and interests has failed – as will all attempts to take away from the people their hard-won rights and freedom to choose who leads their country.’’

https://dailyscoopers.com/buhari-applauds-nigerians-for-ignoring-revolutionnow-protest/

Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by bernf16(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2019
if this truly is from the media aide, then he has fogotten his boss-Pressident did same before he became so Authoritarian now. To now juxtapose PMB regime to Abacha regime makes me sick the more...this government is simply a 'BULLY'.

..one must not complain: you get molested
..one must not carry placards: you get shot at
..one must not protest: you get killed
..ine must reiterate his pains: you get tagged been lazy and jobless

is this a country or a typical "BANANA Republic"...
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by 360degreess(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2019
I pity for some gullible & ignorant Nigerians e.g the poster above me for not knowing the implications of this so called revolution..Sowore is been sponsored by some foreign agents to destabilize this country.Libya,Somalia, irak,Venezuela etc..are the victims of all these devilish foreign agents..You people talk of freedom of speech, you call REVOLUTION of such kind freedom of speech?if such happens, both you and I can't leave in Nigerian in peace (God forbid). The so called Sowore & co will run and leave this country.. Either you like it or not,you and I do not have any other country apart from Nigeria..
Was it not the American govt.(CIA) that planned & masterminded the deaths of 2pac,Biggie,Bob Marley,Martin Luther king, Malcolm x,etc?..WHY? Because of the so called freedom of speech... The American govt.won't even arrest,they kill silently and technically if anyone breaches the so called freedom of speech.. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by FynGuy(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2019
bernf16:
if this truly is from the media aide, then he has fogotten his boss-Pressident did same before he became so Authoritarian now. To now juxtapose PMB regime to Abacha regime makes me sick the more...this government is simply a 'BULLY'.

..one must not complain: you get molested
..one must not carry placards: you get shot at
..one must not protest: you get killed
..ine must reiterate his pains: you get tagged been lazy and jobless

is this a country or a typical "BANANA Republic"...
more like a kangaroo island

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by oliseh247: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2019
Mini Scale Bitter kola Venture (Free pdf
======================

Visit Our Page: www.greenfarmproduct.com/export
Whatsapp chat me 080394546 75

Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by FynGuy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2019
360degreess:
I pity for some gullible & ignorant Nigerians e.g the poster above me for not knowing the implications of this so called revolution..Sowore is been sponsored by some foreign agents to destabilize this country.Libya,Somalia, irak,Venezuela etc..are the victims of all these devilish foreign agents..You people talk of freedom of speech, you call REVOLUTION of such kind freedom of speech?if such happens, both you and I can't leave in Nigerian in peace (God forbid). The so called Sowore & co will run and leave this country.. Either you like it or not,you and I do not have any other country apart from Nigeria..
Was it not the American govt.(CIA) that planned & masterminded the deaths of 2pac,Biggie,Bob Marley,Martin Luther king, Malcolm x,etc?..WHY? Because of the so called freedom of speech... The American govt.won't even arrest,they kill silently and technically if anyone breaches the so called freedom of speech.. A word is enough for the wise.
hmm
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by BlackfireX: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Don't worry sir, any miscreants that try that protest thing will be dealth with my scary looking soldiers.

Said baba
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by FynGuy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by oliseh247: 10:45am On Aug 08, 2019
Nigerians with...
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by FynGuy(m): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
oliseh247:
Nigerians with...
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by micajayitriple3(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
we all are scared of the truth with revolution saga Well fela has said it all in is song, Nigerian rather prefers suffering and smiling, they don’t want revolution because the no wan die, I wan build house, mama Dey for house.
Any way na crazy world be this sha.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Ignoring Protest by FynGuy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
micajayitriple3:
we all are scared of the truth with revolution saga Well fela has said it all in is song, Nigerian rather prefers suffering and smiling, they don’t want revolution because the no wan die, I wan build house, mama Dey for house.
Any way na crazy world be this sha.

(1) (Reply)

Court Acquits Makinde’s Chief Of Staff Of Murder / Akeredolu: Two-and-a-half Years Later / Imo State Commissioners And Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.