Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel (13030 Views)

Landed Property Suitable For Erecting A Telecommunication Mast / 2plots Together With 3 Bedroom Duplex To Lintel Level & 4bedroom With Cofo N6.5M / Cost Of Erecting A 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2010
Please I have a piece of land on the outskirts of ikorodu. I want to erect a miniflat, that is a room and parlour self contained just to keep the land . The brick layer has tgiven me a quotation. I would need advice of experts in the house of pricing of materials needed to erect the structure. Thanks
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2010
Actually, someone is going to be handling it for me. He is going to be involved directly with the contractors cos i dont have much time on my hands. I know the person cant be 100 percent truthful with me but i dont really mind as long as he would not be ripping me off. I just want to know the market price of some of the materials that has been outlined for me. Would really appreciate this.
1,500 blocks,
single sharp sand
double gravel,
16 bags of cement,
workmanship=70,000
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by rydeorsail(m): 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2010
1,500 blocks,==#150,000(600
single sharp sand==#20,000 depending on ur location and tonnes
double gravel,===#22,000
16 bags of cement,===1600*16=25,000
workmanship=70,000 sound ok.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2010
Thanks man, I really appreciate this.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by vanariso(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2010
He has given you a good acount of the project judging from the fact that u did not add cost of setout,tie lines and pegs, digging and blinding seperately.
For misceallaneous,you can keep an extra 50k eg water,clearing etc u know, all his 2k, 1k, 5k stuffs.Dont release this money to them until u are asked and am sure u will be asked.
Squeeze them and be sure they really need it before u release it,people are wicked when it comes to money and women.
Best of luck in ur quest to become a landlord, however small.
cheers.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by Eziudo: 4:08am On Oct 20, 2010
Hello OK.gerald,
The cost given below did not show materials for lintel and foundation reinforcement.
Welcome to landlordship.

Posted by: vanariso 
Insert Quote
He has given you a good account of the project judging from the fact that u did not add cost of setout,tie lines and pegs, digging and blinding separately.
For miscellaneous,you can keep an extra 50k eg water,clearing etc u know,  all his 2k, 1k, 5k stuffs.Don't release this money to them until u are asked and am sure u will be asked.
Squeeze them and be sure they really need it before u release it,people are wicked when it comes to money and women.Best of luck in your quest to become a landlord, however small.
cheers.

To squeeze the people helping you do what you can not do is not fair.
You can only be in one place at a time.
If you squeeze your builder or helper, you will get what you asked for (Poor quality)
Please make provision for materials not listed and more.
More grease to your elbows
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by vanariso(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2010
Hi Eziudo,
Its good u have highlighted a good insight from my post about squeezing the workers but u have only seen the literal meaning.My comments carried contextual meanings.
You would have made a great post by helping to post the cost of this missing activities eg foundation etc.

To gerald, you dont need a german or raft foundation.I understand the terain in ikorodu Its solid land and quite differs from lekki where u would probably need a raft foundation.I also understand a low income earner who needsa little abode to put your head, There4 u cant afford too much on this project.For your foundation just ensure your digging and and excavation is about 2 feet and raise your level to the height of the middle of the road.Then fill up the inside of the house with excavations from your soak away excavation when you have gotten to lintel .Ensure u use stong blocks and enough cements in plastering(do a good finishing, u will love THE OTCOME).jUST ENSURE U USE GOOD MATERIALS.
Be wise, dont be discouraged by people here u might seem to be helping you but are actually doing otherwise.Going to ikorodu initially shows you cant afford places like lekki for people like Eziudo. Go easy pal.cheers.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2010
vanariso:

He has given you a good acount of the project judging from the fact that u did not add cost of setout,tie lines and pegs, digging and blinding seperately.
For misceallaneous,you can keep an extra 50k eg water,clearing etc u know, all his 2k, 1k, 5k stuffs.Dont release this money to them until u are asked and am sure u will be asked.
Squeeze them and be sure they really need it before u release it,people are wicked when it comes to money and women.
Best of luck in your quest to become a landlord, however small.
cheers.

Thanks so much, actually some cost have started rearing their heads like the cost of pegs woods and so on. Even the omoonile are collecting some money for every zipper that comes to deliver sand and other stuff. They have even collected money for foundation . I was asked to buy shinnaps and other stuffs before the work can commence.

The plan has been changed to a 2 bedroom flat. A small one instead of the mini flat. I would like to know an estimate of the number of bags that would be sufficient in erecting such structure. Thanks really appreciate
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 4:18am On Oct 24, 2010
[size=12The plan has been changed to a 2 bedroom flat. A small one instead of the mini flat. I would like to know an estimate of the number of bags that would be sufficient in erecting such structure. Thanks really appreciatept][/size]
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 4:57am On Oct 24, 2010
The plan has been changed to a 2 bedroom flat. A small one instead of the mini flat. I would like to know an estimate of the number of bags that would be sufficient in erecting such structure. Thanks really appreciate
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by vanariso(m): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2010
Hi , just calculate 10 cement bags for 1000 blocks.Remember this is just for erecting the blocks and mason charge per blocks
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by saridonp2: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2010
Guys please I need your help to know the prices of the following materials in Lagos because it is needed in my site and I want to be sure that they are not ripping me off anyhow,

1.Price of Sand Filling per tipper and how much is paid to the person that will fill the sand.
2.Price of Sharp sand per tipper.
3.Price of Soft Sand per tipper.
4.Price of Gravel per tipper.

Please your correct will be highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2010
New Development!
I am being asked to pay for a particular 'job card' .this would cost 15,000 naira. Please who has idea of this job card and is it really necessary. Its the omoonile's demanding for it.

Apart from that we are to get the carpenter that will line wood for the windows. This is to be paid for seperately.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by okgerald(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2010
Is a job card really necessary while building is going on
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2010
Read this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=515718.msg6791249#msg6791249

If it sounds professional enough, you can email me.
Re: Cost Of Erecting A Mini Flat Up To Lintel by tolfyn(f): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
Thanks for this forum. Pls I an intending landlady at iragberi town in osun state. I am building a 2bedroom bungalow on a plot of land. Presently the building is almost at the lintel level. I will appreciate if I can get help here on how to calculate the cost of lintel and roofing. Ur response is highly appreciated

(1) (Reply)

*Making an overhead tank stand on a back-filled well / Gate House Demolition: Shop Owners Seek FG, International Community Intervention / How To Make Money From Real Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.