Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 (42237 Views)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by raphy(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
all of you scrolling to look for Nigerian in the list sorry .

them never finish parking all the shit on the beach and on under bridges in the country. we have .Long way to go..

so congratulations to all the mention countries.

#ourmumudondo
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by KingBarry(m): 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gaint of Africa nko

This nickname is a joke
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Bruno3000(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
Heffalump:

U mean republic of the Pigs grin
All join na cheesy
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
Starlight10:
lool. Like seriously some sabi sabi people are just here showing theirself.

grin grin

Okay then. I hope we 'jam' each other again during our being petty moments so we can join in each other's fun. cheesy

My name is Captain Junior Taamas Strange by the way. May I know your beautiful name? cool
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

grin grin

Okay then. I hope we 'jam' each other again during our being petty moments so we can join in each other's fun. cheesy

My name is Captain Junior Taamas Strange by the way. May I know your beautiful name? cool
please dont shoot your shot oh. I was just passing your frontage. Now you want to shift my pant. Which one is my beautiful name now?! Hahha
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
Starlight10:
please dont shoot your shot oh. I was just passing your frontage. Now you want to shift my pant. Which one is my beautiful name now?! Hahha

Are you serious? grin grin Shift your pant?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9953199_9805102drakelaffjpeg1784ae860926b810bdffa3170ef75086_jpeg_jpeg6377c1fca0f0efd6174b172bf336088f

I just wanted to ask your name. Or isn't it beautiful?

Okay, fine! What's your fvcking name? wink

U happy now? cheesy
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Insectkiller: 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
As long as d abokis are around..naija can never be clean..

Dey will open their bumbum and defecate in d drainage (gutter). They don't mind if u are looking at their blokos grin grin

What an entity to live with as a country member..

Naija can never be clean!
smiley
Kingluqman:
1-50, my country cities no go still make am.. Buhari fit testify

grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by bonnyhope: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
arsenal33:
Where did you throw your pure water nylon yesterday? on the road. That is where Lagos is

oga, i dont throw refuge on the roads
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
ElsonMorali:

That's what people think. That with an increase in technology the value of lives has improved. But has it, really? Do people live longer than our forebears these days?

The rate at which people die of cancer is almost reaching a global epidemic status. Today there's hardly someone who doesn't know someone who has cancer or has died of cancer.

Humans shove processed food into their bodies with careless abandon.

Family values and moral values have all but disappeared due to the advent of TVs, mobile phone and other electronic gadgets.

Scientists would rather build a rover vehicle that will explore space for water than build a system that transport water from areas where it is available to areas where people don't have access to clean water.

Scientists are more willing to build sex dolls than politicians are willing to protect traditional family values.

Back to the original idea. Looking around you, do you think Nigerians have used science and technology to deal with waste and it's proper disposal by recycling recyclable wastes?

Has science and technology made Nigerian cities more livable and friendlier to human living?

I think not.

Previously, there weren't so many people, hence fewer wastes. Today, you can see the result of modern times yourself.
Hahahaha. grin Irrespective of the problems outlined, was life really better during the era of our forebear? I think this is a subject for debate in secondary schools. You speak of family values and moral values being eroded due to the advent of TV, phones and gadgets, but poor value system has been a general problem like since the world began. There were lot of barbaric and inhumane practices that people with moral values don't engage in now that your forebears were advocate of. Take for example, the killing of twins, female circumcision, underage marriage practices, human sacrifices, etc.

The inventions you mentioned have in one way or the other made life easier for you that you could even earn money in the comfort of your home with a mobile phone.

Seems you'd prefer the dark age to this age of artificial intelligence. grin Regardless, that statement "Port Harcourt lives on past glory" still doesn't add up here.

Abeg, I am not here to argue on the negative/positive effects of technology. grin
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by ElsonMorali: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Hahahaha. grin Irrespective of the problems outlined, was life really better during the era of our forebear? I think this is a subject for debate in secondary schools. You speak of family values and moral values being eroded due to the advent of TV, phones and gadgets, but poor value system has been a general problem like since the world began. There were lot of barbaric and inhumane practices that people with moral values don't engage in now that your forebears were advocate of. Take for example, the killing of twins, female circumcision, underage marriage practices, human sacrifices, etc.

The inventions you mentioned have in one way or the other made life easier for you that you could even earn money in the comfort of your home with a mobile phone.

Seems you'd prefer the dark age to this age of artificial intelligence. grin Regardless, that statement "Port Harcourt lives on past glory" still doesn't add up here.

Abeg, I am not here to argue on the negative/positive effects of technology. grin

You started it jare. tongue
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by donvicky2007: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
VicThory:

Calabar and Awka should be there.

Lol
Which Awka?
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by donvicky2007: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
autonomous22:

Yes... Ojuelegba, Lagos

grin grin cheesy
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Bewiseedet(m): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
VicThory:

Calabar and Awka should be there.
which calabar, when last did u visit ?
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Pauljazzmine28(f): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
lanibi:
@op where is Lagos on that list?

Lagos kor? Wen b like bin dump?

Take your time to read my signature
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Pauljazzmine28(f): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
I always knew DAT Nigerian cities will not even make top 50
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Pauljazzmine28(f): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2019
Heffalump:

U mean republic of the Pigs grin
hahahaha
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by SOFTENGR: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hintona:
Where is Abujaangry
Number 11
Check well
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by realestniggah: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Johannesburg doesn't belong to this list,maybe in the late 90s and early 2000s,just not in 2019.

Only downtown Johannesburg is dirty.. The suburbs are mostly neat
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by realestniggah: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
TMKsouth:

Was actually expecting Pretoria to rank better than Joburg and yet its not on the list. undecided Downtown streets are WAY cleaner.

You are right.. Pretoria is very neat

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by tunary(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nigeria will never be on the news for a good reason
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Ttipsy(f): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
Enugu and Uyo
??
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by JaceBlaze: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
realestniggah:

Only downtown Johannesburg is dirty.. The suburbs are mostly neat
We talking cities,not surbubs.
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Glink2018(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
dominique:
I knew Kigali will be one of the top 3.

Have you been there?
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by IronGalaxy: 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
TMKsouth:
African cities must really be filthy if Joburg can rank that well on the cleanliness list.

By the way, your pic of Gaborone is not the right one.

This is Gaborone.
true. Jo, burg's dirty even Pretoria's far cleaner
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by IronGalaxy: 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Johannesburg doesn't belong to this list,maybe in the late 90s and early 2000s,just not in 2019.
they should have at least put Sandton

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by NONNYG: 5:26am On Aug 08, 2019
Predstan:

I knew it is the 1st in Africa
I was there few weeks ago, I can testify to it

Cleanliness & Security, I give it to Kigali
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by JaceBlaze: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2019
IronGalaxy:
they should have at least put Sandton
Would have been better.Putting Johannesburg on this list is an insult to all the clean cities in the world.
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by TMKsouth: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Would have been better.Putting Johannesburg on this list is an insult to all the clean cities in the world.

grin ;DGuys remember this list was put together by a Nigerian grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Ajibade123(m): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
nice list though...I will have being so disappointed if I had see any Nigerian State there

check out how you can get the most of the benefits of mobile phones in business
https://explicitsuccess.com/benefits-of-mobile-phones-in-business/
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by Folich: 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
Here we are talking about relatively clean cities, because there is still a long way to perfect cleanliness. In Africa, there are generally problems with this; the authorities do not solve these issues.
Re: Top 10 Cleanest Cities In Africa 2019 by samorobo: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
post=81020730:
We scrolled from top to bottom.
No City in the country known as the GIANT OF AFRICA can be found in the list.
What a shame!

Our leaders only know how to loot and stash our money in foreign countries, not in beautifying our darling nation.
There was a country!

But, Calabar should have had a spot at least!

Thanks for the latest info.
It was the last time we visited, some couple of months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Lol.i can't believe an APC bought soul like will speak this...wow this is great..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car / Monkey Seizes Woman's Phone And Destroys It In Burundi Zoo (Photos, Video) / See The Trailer Accident I Saw On My Way From Zaria This Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.