Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue (514 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue by kiiingemmy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2019

Andy Ruiz Jr has hit back at Anthony Joshua's wish for their rematch to be held in the UK as negotiations over the location of the fight continue.

The Mexican shocked Joshua in New York to claim the IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles.

But a rematch clause was invoked for later this year with the location the only issue left to be sorted.

Joshua earlier told Sky Sports News: "Ruiz, I've seen he's done a lot of talking about what he wants, but he don't call the shots in that sense, it's a team effort.

"It's fine, I don't mind fighting him in America, I've done it before, and I'd love to fight here because I had no reason to go in the first place.

"I went there off my own back, so for the rematch now, I would love it to be in Cardiff, however, [if] it's going to be on neutral ground, Ruiz is the champ, we'll kind of make some calls as well in that situation.

"But I'm going to battle for it to be in the UK, because it's my stomping ground. I done one out there, so let's do the rematch here. I think it will be amazing before the year is out and I'll definitely be having a lovely New Year's with my family.

"You've got two ends of it. There's one, I'd fight in Tijuana and Ruiz's uncle could be the referee and I would still whoop him. It don't matter to me where it is, there's that aspect, but then there's the other aspect of the British fans that have been riding with me from day one want to see me get them belts back.

"Walking out in Cardiff in front of 70, 80, 90,000 people screaming and rooting for you to win, that type of energy that goes through your body is unstoppable, and I think that could give me that little bit of edge I need to win those belts."

In response, Ruiz Jr tweeted: "AJ says he can 'whoop' me in Tijuana prove it let's run it in Mexico. Remember that you did have a huge reason to come to America and that was to build your profile."

source: https://alwaysnaija.com/forum/Entertainment/celebrities/70158-andy-ruiz-jr-fires-back-at-anthony-joshua

cc: lalasticlala mynd44 semid4lyfe honeric01
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue by kiiingemmy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue by GMbuharii: 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hey Tony,you gotta watch whatcha sayin',you gotta watch you mouth before it puts you in deep shhht.
You asking for Tijuana,you might have it,that's some pride and stupidity that could do you a whollotta bad... Tijuana is Mexico and Ruiz is 'Mexico'.. and again, seriously,you gotta work on your stamina..you gonna need lots of it to put the punkarsse bufallo,whose thick upper body gives him a huge edge,away.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue by Chrisbeks: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
Na only Anthony Joshua fight dey get too much talk talk. Wilder and fury no get time for too much talk, sign the contract make we go settle am for ring. Anthony Joshua go talk from now till next year. Fight the guy any damned place and get your belt back. You want to fight in England only? What a chicken!! Fury went to America and fought deontay Wilder and You are afraid of going to US to fight this fat, shapeless Andy Ruiz Jr? Joshua is a disappointment. Take the damned fight anywhere, knock that fat joke out and get your belt back!!!

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue by internationalman(m): 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
You sure say this guy nor go beat Anthony Joshua again for the second time so?

May God grant me this kind of confidence this young man has.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Fires Back At Anthony Joshua Over Rematch Venue by Timmy301(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
AJ is making have second thoughts like this

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Napoli 2-1 - Highlights (download Video) / Okazaki Leaves Malaga After 34 Days / Barcelona’s Prodigy Ansu Fati Granted Spanish Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.